2000 Pt Tyranid list=Comment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Junior Member shpob123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    2000 Pt Tyranid list=Comment

    ok so this is my army that ive been changing and perfecting for years...
    the majority of people i play with dont care about attacking first when in terrerian so i never use them.

    HQ-----
    Hive tyrant=136(maybe 2 guards with Lash whips)
    -Toxin sacs
    -Enhanced senses
    -2x TL devos
    -Enhanced senses
    -catalyst(Maybe even for my carnifexs)

    Brood Lord=83pts
    -Extended Carapace
    -Feeder tendrils
    -----Retinue-----X7
    Genestealers=23pts X7=161pts
    -acid maw
    -Talons
    ?-extended carapace for 4 extra points each???

    Elites-----
    Warriors 2x3= 107pts X 2squads
    -ST
    -TS
    -EC
    -Deathspittersx2 1x Barbed Strangler

    Lictor= 80pts

    Troops------
    GenestealersX15=17pts each X 15=255
    -Feeder tendrils

    Hormagaunts=10pts each X20= 200pts
    -Normal stats

    Termagants=9pts each X20=180 pts
    -Fleshborer
    -Without number

    Ripper swarms= 10pts each X8= 80
    -Normal Stats

    Fast Attack---------
    Ravengers=50pts each X5=250
    -ST& rending
    -Devourer

    Heavy Attack------

    Zoanthropes=65pts X2=130
    -Warp Blast
    -Synapse
    **-depending on the army i would trade out one zoans synapse for catalyst

    Carnifexs=186
    -AG (+1 WS)
    -EC
    -Mace tail
    -TS
    -Tusked
    -reinforced Chitin
    -bonded exoskeleton
    -2X talons
    (expensive beef cakes D: but everyone always goes after them and one of the only good ways for anti tank)


    For the hive tyrant i love 12 shots reroll hit and wound---on avg i get 10 hits

    That expensive Brood lord and Genestealers i like because it can destroy anyone with lower initiative in CC but may die to fast for the points

    The warriors i like cause of the AOE attack ive killed plenty of orcs and space marines with them---i keep running around with them and shooting Gaps into squads and they clean up and unsolved CC.

    The Swarms are 10 pts each and the soak up 3 wounds each!!! and can get squads in a endless battle of CC with marines or imperial(taking away there shots)

    Please Comment and help this list cause i know it needs some
    TY


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member TheBloodening's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Age
    27
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by shpob123 View Post
    Hive tyrant=136(maybe 2 guards with Lash whips)
    -Toxin sacs
    -Enhanced senses
    -2x TL devos
    -Enhanced senses
    -catalyst(Maybe even for my carnifexs)
    Might as well mention this before everyone else does. This Tyrant would perform quite a bit better if you give him Wings. Gets you a lot closer to the enemy lines, so you can unload more shots per turn that you can with him walking. Don't discount his close combat abilities either; Even kitted out to shoot, a Tyrant is a formidable opponent against an already Devourer ravaged squad. I'm not sure about Catalyst. It seems handy, for things like Gaunts that are attacking things with higher Initiative, but if you need to use it on a Fex, you're probably assaulting something you shouldn't be.

    Quote Originally Posted by shpob123 View Post
    Brood Lord=83pts
    -Extended Carapace
    -Feeder tendrils
    -----Retinue-----X7
    Genestealers=23pts X7=161pts
    -acid maw
    -Talons
    ?-extended carapace for 4 extra points each???
    Seriously consider the Carapace, if only for the fact that you don't want your already expensive Genestealers getting shredded by Bolters. Acid Maw and Talons might be a bit much, so consider dropping one or the other. (Personal preference really, although the Talons average out to be better in the long run).

    Quote Originally Posted by shpob123 View Post
    Elites-----
    Warriors 2x3= 107pts X 2squads
    -ST
    -TS
    -EC
    -Deathspittersx2 1x Barbed Strangler

    Lictor = 80 points
    Deathspitter/Barbed Strangler Warriors are a very nice squad. I run one myself, and dropping a squad full of templates on your opponent's units is bound to get you wounds of some kind.

    Lictors are definitely a fun unit, whether you're playing anything with Reserves, or have some assault units, like your Hormagaunts. Preferred Enemy is your friend.


    Quote Originally Posted by shpob123 View Post
    Troops------
    GenestealersX15=17pts each X 15=255
    -Feeder tendrils

    Hormagaunts=10pts each X20= 200pts
    -Normal stats

    Termagants=9pts each X20=180 pts
    -Fleshborer
    -Without number

    Ripper swarms= 10pts each X8= 80
    -Normal Stats
    Consider either Talons or Carapace on these Genies, just for a general increase in effectiveness. Talons help you make the most of the Genies that are left after Bolter fire, and Carapace helps you keep more alive to get into assault. Obviously not enough points for either, so it's personal preference of survivability versus raw potential.

    Quote Originally Posted by shpob123 View Post
    Fast Attack---------
    Ravengers=50pts each X5=250
    -ST& rending
    -Devourer
    Definitely an interesting brood, but considering running Deathspitters instead of Devourers. A few re-roll to wound S3 shots at the Nids BS is probably going to average out to the same number of wounds from a S5 small blast, depending on the squad, and they're 4 points cheaper to top it all off.

    Quote Originally Posted by shpob123 View Post
    Heavy Attack------

    Zoanthropes=65pts X2=130
    -Warp Blast
    -Synapse
    **-depending on the army i would trade out one zoans synapse for catalyst

    Carnifexs=186
    -AG (+1 WS)
    -EC
    -Mace tail
    -TS
    -Tusked
    -reinforced Chitin
    -bonded exoskeleton
    -2X talons
    (expensive beef cakes D: but everyone always goes after them and one of the only good ways for anti tank)
    Many people will have mixed opinions on Warp Blast. For starters it has an abyssmal range, and you're working off of the Nids low BS with it regardless. At the same time, the small blast can put a decent chunk in MEQ's, and the focused blast is one of the few high strength shots Nids get that can penetrate armour. Personal preference really, depending on if you want to save points or not. Dropping Warp Blast for Catalyst might be a good idea if you're facing faster armies than you, but there aren't a whole lot of things that are faster than Gaunts or Genies that you should be assaulting with them anyways.

    Drop the Toxin Sacs on the Fex, unless you need to instant-kill a lot of Multiple wound T5 models. Extended Carapace is also generally a waste of points, because your opponent is going to be loading a lot of AP2 or better weaponry into this Fex while it's running towards combat, so the save is pretty much useless in this case. Dropping the Toxin Sacs and Carapace also nets you quite a few points, which leads up to the fact that you're much better off dropping one set of Scything Talons for Crushing Claws. They're guaranteed to add at least one attack, and at best you're adding in 6. If you're running a heavy Fex, there's almost no reason not to take the Claws. Chitin and Exoskeleton are handy if you're getting shot at a lot though.


    Quote Originally Posted by shpob123 View Post
    For the hive tyrant i love 12 shots reroll hit and wound---on avg i get 10 hits

    That expensive Brood lord and Genestealers i like because it can destroy anyone with lower initiative in CC but may die to fast for the points

    The warriors i like cause of the AOE attack ive killed plenty of orcs and space marines with them---i keep running around with them and shooting Gaps into squads and they clean up and unsolved CC.

    The Swarms are 10 pts each and the soak up 3 wounds each!!! and can get squads in a endless battle of CC with marines or imperial(taking away there shots)

    Please Comment and help this list cause i know it needs some
    TY
    Definitely a potent shooting unit, again don't forget that he's also pretty good in close combat, and if you slap wings on him he can do some pretty nice tank hunting.

    Keep the 'Lord + Retinue in cover until they can assault, and hope for good Massacre rolls. As long as you do more damage to them than they can do to you, Genies will walk all over most units that fail their leadership test, bad rolling aside.

    The Warriors are definitely a good build, and you can see a lot of other people think the same thing if you browse some of the other leasts. Decent template action with the ability to do pretty well in CC, if the need arises.

    Also don't forget about the new "shooting over a squad gives them cover" rules. I'm not entirely sure if this applies to Rippers, but if it does you can just create a long line or Rippers to screen anything you'd like to keep safe, and BAM, instant 4+ cover save.

    I apologize in advance if there's a bit much, but I like to make some things more clear than others. Hope it helps though.
    [Thousand Sons]
    [Tyranids - Unnamed Hive Fleet]
    [Tau Empire]

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts