Jetbike Skirmishers (1000 pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jetbike Skirmishers (1000 pts)

Greetings ...

I'm new to 40k. I'm attracted to the Eldar's sleek look and speed. The jetbikes' second move seems to facilitate a skirmish fighting style, which this list attempts to use to the utmost.

Not being terribly familiar with the different armies, I'm not sure how effective this list would be. My impression is that with adequate terrain, I could play hit-and-run against a horde army for a few turns, but would have difficulty against an army that fields a lot of high-armor tanks.

Squad 1
    Farseer, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune
    Warlock, Enhance
    6x Jetbikes (2 upgraded to Shuriken Cannon)

Squad 2
    Farseer, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune
    Warlock, Enhance
    6x Jetbikes (2 upgraded to Shuriken Cannon)

Squad 3
    10 Jetbikes (3 upgraded to Shuriken Cannon)

Total - 1000 points

Any feedback on how I can improve this list while maintaining its mobility would be welcome.

Jeffrey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Alright. Thing the first you don't want enhance on the jetbikes. They are not close combat troops. Even with the warlock and farseer you shouldn't be charging anything but vehicles, and against those WS doesn't matter. If you're going to take a warlock take embolden for the re-rolled MO (sucks if they run off the table), destructor for some heavy damage if you think you can finish a squad, or conceal to give you some survivablity against attacks that beat the bikes armor save (works best when fortuned).

Second I think you're putting far too many points into your HQs at this point level. Until you have enough shots behind it doom isn't worth it, and unless it's a fair number of models with a chance of survival neither is fortune.

So I'd advise moving the warlock and farseer to the squad of ten bikes and givign the warlock conceal. Reroll 3+'s against attacks that don't punch the armor and 5+ cover saves with re-rolls against stuff that does.

after dropping the other seer and warlock you could get something giving you some decent anti armor.

Actually I'm thinking you might not be able to do enough killing. Each time you fire with two cannons you only expect to kill a single marine. Some bikes are good. But I dunno about all bikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. I had confused Embolden and Enhance. I intended to take the one that re-rolls morale checks to assist the farseers in casting.

Taking your suggestions into account, here is an update. I realize it may not be the most optimal solution, but I'd like to try and stay with the theme of flying skirmishers.

Squad 1 & 2
    Farseer, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Fortune
    Warlock, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Conceal
    10x Jetbikes (3 upgraded to Shuriken Cannon)

Squad 3 & 4
    Vyper, Bright Lance

For a more balanced list, I could put troops in flying tanks and get some anti-tank firepower that way.

Squad 1
    Farseer, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Fortune
    Warlock, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Conceal
    9x Jetbikes (3 upgraded to Shuriken Cannon)

Squad 2
    Farseer, Doom
    10x Dire Avengers, Exarch, Dual Shuriken Catapult, Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent, Bright Lance, Spirit Stones

Squad 3
    6x Fire Dragons
    Falcon, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

+ Reply to Thread