1750 Point Zillaswarm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Point Zillaswarm

Ok, what I came up with here is a mainly CC army, with ranged backup for tanks/infantry. It covers the ability to down vehicles, but tangle infantry quickly in CC, C&C always appreciated.

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant-170
    Winged
    Scything TalonsX2
    Warp Field

Hive Tyrant-170
    Winged
    Scything TalonsX2
    Warp Field

Elites:
    Warriors, 1 Unit, 5 Models-170
    Toxin Sacs (S)
    Enhanced Senses
    Scything TalonsX5
    DeathspitterX4
    Barbed Strangler

Ninjafex-109
    Scything TalonsX2
    Toxic Miasma

Ninjafex-109
    Scything TalonsX2
    Toxic Miasma

Troops:
    HormagauntsX45, 5 Units, 9 Models Per Unit-650
    Toxin Sacs(S)
    Adrenal Glands(I)

Heavy Support:
    Hunterfex-165
    Adrenal Glands(I)(WS)
    Bio-Plasma
    Enhanced Senses(BS)
    Spine Banks
    Toxin Sacs(S)
    Scything Talons
    Venom Cannon

Hunterfex-165
    Adrenal Glands(I)(WS)
    Bio-Plasma
    Enhanced Senses(BS)
    Spine Banks
    Toxin Sacs(S)
    Scything Talons
    Venom Cannon

Final Roster Count:1708 Points

Alright, there it is, plenty of Nidzilla aspects, mixed with Swarm aspects. The Flyrants going right next to my Hormagaunts should give either of them more survivability, because either one of these two will give infantry one hell of a hard time, if not outright overwhelm them. While they are tied up, the Ninjafex's can catch up and do some damage. Warriors are for anti-infantry support, pinning and blasting them with the deathspitters and barbed strangler. Finally the Hunterfex's are for anti-tank roles, stun them, immobilize, whatever they can do, once the armor is either taken out, or fairly useless, they can charge into close combat. The bio-plasma giving them the extra attack they miss without the second set of scything talons. Not to mention the spine banks giving them a jolt right before the charge.

Now I know what a lot of you might think as soon as you read everything, and thats, "where are the genestealers?" Well I don't want them, only because they are a huge point sink, and this army is based on charged fast, and hard, and if I put stealers in, then I would feel obligated to throw them at the enemy rather than secure objectives with them, which Hormagaunts can do in that situation. Stealers just seem like a burden in this list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Over all this list isnt bad, but you have some problems.

1 you cant have 2 winged tyrants!

2 Your synapse coverage is almost non existant, id look into getting some more warriors, or at least splitting them into 2 groups of 3

3 5 squads of 9 hormaguants isnt going to kill a lot. whlist very fast they are quite fragile and tend to need numbers to win combats. Id alkso either drop the initative gland and replace with WS or simply add the weapon skill gland on. haveing your opponent hit on 4s instead of 3's and you hitting certain units on 3s instead of 4s is priceless. Id combine these into 1 squad of 18- 27 and drop the rest.

4 You dont realy have a unit to sit around on an objective, such as spinegaunts. Idealy there should be at least 1 cheap unit you are willing to leave behind.

5 Im not a personal fan of venom cannons as reliabvle anti tank, i thnik they dont pack enough of a punch to kill vehicles off, and if its got more than 1 weapon, youve got no chance. instead id have crushing claws or tallons, make it into a combat fex and wreck the vehicles up close. The only other reliable anti tank we have (at range) is zoanthropes, and with their low BS they dont hit a lot. You are much better going up close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new army list.

HQ:
    Hive Tyrant-170
    Winged
    Scything TalonsX2
    Warp Field

Hive Tyrant-146 or 162
    Enhanced Senses(BS)
    Extended Carapace(Sv)
    Toxin Sacs(S)
    Twin-linked DevourerX2
    Warp Blast(maybe, not definant)

Elites:
    Warriors, 1 Unit, 5 Models-170
    Toxin Sacs (S)
    Enhanced Senses
    Scything TalonsX5
    DeathspitterX4
    Barbed Strangler

Ninjafex-109
    Scything TalonsX2
    Toxic Miasma

Ninjafex-109
    Scything TalonsX2
    Toxic Miasma

Troops:
    HormagauntsX45, 4 Units, 18 Models Per Unit-468
    Toxin Sacs(S)
    Adrenal Glands(I)

SpinegauntsX24, 3 Units, 8 Models per units-192
    Spinefist
    Without Number

Heavy Support:
    Hunterfex-165
    Adrenal Glands(I)(WS)
    Bio-Plasma
    Enhanced Senses(BS)
    Spine Banks
    Toxin Sacs(S)
    Scything Talons
    Venom Cannon

Hunterfex-165
    Adrenal Glands(I)(WS)
    Bio-Plasma
    Enhanced Senses(BS)
    Spine Banks
    Toxin Sacs(S)
    Scything Talons
    Venom Cannon

Final Roster: 1694 or 1714 (with Dakkarant have Warp Blast)

There is the new list, forgot about the tyrants not being able to both have flying, just wasnt paying attention. I added Spinegaunts, even though it messes with the CC swarm a little, but it now allows a few dedicated capture broods. Instead of the Flyrant, I went with the Dakkarant. Now as far as Warp Blast goes, I dont know if its worth having on a Dakkarant, since I cant focus it with his enhanced senses, and I am pretty sure if I fire the Warp Blast I cant fire the Devourers. Since the unfocused is longer range it gives a long range blast to work with before he is in range with his Devourers, but for 20 points, and not being able to use the focused blast I may just give him Warp Field, and drop the Extended Carapace for more survivability.

+ Reply to Thread