Fast mech eldar 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast mech eldar 1500pts

I have done some army lists now involving several wave serpents and gravtanks.
    but I recently found this forum and read some stuff, so I began to make a new list and here it is.

HQ

Eldrad Ulthran ----210
    8 warlocks, 8 sing spears, 1 enhance, 2 destructors ----259
    Wave serpent, tl shurk, ss ----110

Elites

6 banshees ----96

6 banshees ----96
    Or
    fire dragons
    Depends on opponent

Troops

10 stormguards 2 flamers, warlock embolden ----122
    Wave serpent, TL shur, ss 110

10 stormguards 2 flamers, warlock embolden ---- 122
    Wave serpent, TL shur, ss ----110

Heavy

2 x falcons, shur canon, ss ----260
    these will transport the banshees/dragons

I designed it to oppose necrons, but I want it to compete with most army's including space marines and tau.

I used to run this list:
    1 doom seer
    10 dires, exarch dual cats, bstorm
    10guards, 2 flamers dustructor warlock
    8 banshees, exarch
    8 dragons, exarch
    4 serpents tl shur cannon, ss
    2 prisms

but i wanted to try out something new

Comments and advice much apreciated

Last edited by Syluks; March 28th, 2009 at 23:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to have very little anti tank weapons. Also, Eldrad and the warlocks with the wave serpent are a HUGE point sink. Consider the fact that a squad of a 180 point 30 ork boyz could tie up that entire 470 point squad for the whole game. If you are set on that set up though, give one of the warlocks embolden.

Also, if you are going to take stormguardians with a warlock, it would be wise to give the warlock enhance, seeing as their main objective is close combat. It would also be prudent to actually upgrade your banshee/fire dragon squads.

My advice:
    Reduce the point cost of Eldrads squad by taking a few less warlocks, upgrade your banshee/fire dragon squads, and get some anti tank on one or two of those falcons/wave serpents.

The Hand that guides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah enhance would also have been an option on storm guardians, but now i'm thinking about defend guardians, because they are going to be the guys that have to take objectives, and therefor I prefer embolden.

And okeej, I apologize I perhaps should have been a bit more specific.
    The only army's I face at the local game shop are
    1 Tau player
    2 Necron players
    4 or 5 Space marines
    and verry rarely 1 chaos player.

So that's why i think an seer council excells in these battles.
    and for the antitank, against necron it's useless with their living metal, therefor I have included spears.
    and against chaos 1 or 2 banshees squads get traded in for fire dragons, depends on the number of tanks.

Also i'm doing a campaign against a necron player atm and the list that is put at the bottom of the page got quit slaughtered the first game (well actually 1- 0 on the objectives, but he had like 2 troop choices and 2 monoliths left, I only had 2 fire prisms left) . So that's why I wanted a new list. So if you have any suggestions for the other list it's fine by me to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for 'all' the feedback
    Okeej so here is the new list with some minor adjustments.

HQ

Eldrad Ulthran ----210
    8 warlocks, 8 sing spears, 1 enhance, 2 destructors ----259
    Wave serpent, tl shurk, ss ----110

Elites

6 banshees ----96

6 banshees ----96
    Or
    fire dragons
    Depends on opponent

Troops

10 defendguardians scatterlaser, warlock spear embolden ----128

10 defendguardians shurikancannon, warlock spear embolden ---- 118

Heavy

2 x falcons, shur canon, ss ----260

Tactics:
    deployment: deploy the full army on a random table edge, expose 2 vurnable units(it should confuse him, or set him of guard when deploying his army), after both parties deployed, re-deploy with divination.
    turn 1:
    - Fortune the Counsils serpent and another frontline serpent and guide 1 falcon.
    - Flat out with all 3 serpents. trying to use some cover where they end.
    - The falcons will proceed 12" and use the serpents to block LoS to them. Fire both falcons and the same unit.
    turn 2:
    - Fortune the council, not the serpent, doom a nearby target, eldrith storm a tank/mindwar AT weapons/guide something/doom another thing.
    - Guardians get out, move into cover, serpents move futher to block enemy LoS.
    - The council gets out, move towards a doomed squad. serpent moves to block enemy LoS
    - Falcons move another 12"(towards enemy). fire weapons at rear of the tanks(struck by eldrith storm, requires some luck). Or fire at a squad or fire at light
    armour.
    - Shoot everything at doomed squads. perhaps even charge with Council.
    turn 3:
    - Fortune council, doom nearby target,
    - Council moves to next squads, or if it's to far away, call in a serpent.
    - Guardians shoot at doomed target.
    - Serpents shoot at doomed targets, try to block enemy LoS.
    - Falcons stay put the unleash all weapons, or move futher, or unload banshees before that if the council is not out of CC yet.
    - (banshees walk, maybe fleet, and assault)
    turn 4:
    and on, use serpents to keep the units relocating and for fire support.

If the battle includes objectives that need to be taken:
    the council has 1 priority, take out tanks, and after that troop choises.
    banshees, take out troop choises.
    guardians hold back, last turn flat out to unclaimed objectives.

C & C much appreciated, as it's just a concept, I haven't even test it out yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI according to the wording the codex, each Warlock must have a power. From what I saw you only had a few with powers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsevariablex View Post
    FYI according to the wording the codex, each Warlock must have a power. From what I saw you only had a few with powers.

shall i quote the codex?

"each warlock is a psycher and MAY be given a single warlcok power..... etc"

however farseers MUST take atleast 1 power.

I made a new few changes,
    singing spears dropped from 8 to 2 in the council.
    points used to upgrade the guardian shurikan cannon to a sctatterlaser. 1 falcons shurikan canon upgarded to scatterlaser.
    Last edited by Syluks; March 31st, 2009 at 16:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

I'd take out one of the units of banshees/dragons, and one falcon so you have enough points to take 2 Fire Prisms. Especially against necron infantry I think you'll find them hellish useful. If you're tailoring it mainly for (mostly) a single purpose, you need to make sure it's doing it damn well.

Think about what you'll need to take out the massed elite (Even the warriors are fairly tough) infantry. (Scatter lasers and Fire prisms usually run these duties pretty smoothly, and will do the sam against Marines and Tau - although the high strength of these weapons isn't neccessary at all against Tau)

Then you need something to take out the necrons faster units (which are generally high T destroyers, and tomb spyders) You could maybe tie them up in combat with your banshees, or run the fire dragons by them the bring them down.

The last thing against all 3 armies is the Armour. Necrons and marines both have 14/14/14 armour vehicles, and don't know about the Tau. Thankfully we Eldar have the most perfect method of dispatch for these we could ask for - Bright Lances take high armour out fairly easily.

If you didn't mind buying some War walkers for the scatte laser goodness, you come up with a pretty killer list relatively easier.

Also, my advice here may be pushing it a little too far towards perfectionism, your list is all in all pretty damn good looking without needing any edits.

~ Lowell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thanks for the great input, exchanging 1 falcon and a squad of banshees/dragons with 2 prisms sounds like a briljant plan. It's been a long while since i used 3 heavy supports because i saw it as cheese when playing 1500 pts. But well , you have to fight cheese with even more cheese, thankfully eldar is also pretty cheesy .

And yeah I have some warwalkers, but I want this list to out mobelize everything, that means that the warwalkers are not meant to be in this whole concept, although I have to admit they will perform pretty well in this list.

I'm not quite sure about this, but does livingmetal ignore the lance special rule?
    Last edited by Syluks; March 31st, 2009 at 17:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

living metal like what?

I'd have though it wouldn't have ignored it, unless there's somethign specific in the entry you're thinking of which actually says they ignore the effects of eldar lance weapons. Metal is Metal after all, living or not, and should take relatively the same amount of destucting for giving way.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

living metal ignores the lance special rule (cf. codex pg21). The only thing that eldar has that can maybe sort of deal with a monolith is the fire prism (especially linked). If you want to get up close and personal, you can try singing spears, but in most cases that would be a bad plan. Monoliths are a huge pain, but you might be best ignoring them, seeing as fire prisms perform better against infantry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast