2k Ninja tau list to take against 76 Marines! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Ninja tau list to take against 76 Marines!

So a buddy I have played against for a couple years now recently expanded his already large Dark Angels list to be able to field a full Drop Pod list. I played against it with a good 2k take all comers list and it was close but there is just to many troops to chew through. So I re-wrote my Ninja list to be lest well rounded and more Anti-Meq instead. His list is
    Commander with command squad in Drop Pod
    x6 10 man Tactical Squads in Drop Pods (couple fists,couple pwr wpns, meltaguns, combi meltas, plasmas and flamers. Good mix throughout in his troop squads to handle all comers.
    10 man Devastator squad with 4 Missle Launchers.
    76 Space marines total with 8 drop pods, That's 60 scoring Meq's for objective missions. Turn one he drops the devy squad in a corner or near a hill to set up a firing line, x2 10-man tactical squads and his command squad. Leaving 4 10-man troop squads in reserve.

My list I am thinking of trying out:

HQ

123pts Shas'El w/ TL-MP, Postion Relay, HW-DC with x2 Shield Drones, Stimms

97pts Shas'El w/ PR, FB, TA, HW-MT
    164pts x2 Bodyguard w/ PR, FB, TA, HW-MT

Elites

130pts x2 Burning Eye w/ TL-PR, TA

Troops

130pts x10 Kroot, x10 Hounds
    150pts x6 Firewarriors w/ Pulse Rifles in Devilfish w/ BC, x2 GD's, DP, TA

Fast Attack

148pts x4 Pathfinders in Devilfish w/ BC, x2 GD's, DP, TA, MT
    148pts x4 Pathfinders in Devilfish w/ BC, x2 GD's, DP, TA, MT

Heavy

130pts Ionhead w/ IC, x2 BC, MT, DP

2000pts Total

It looks very Anti-Meq that's for sure. I am not sure if I should keep the Burning Eye squads as 3 groups of 2 or have 2 groups of 3. My vote with taking 3 groups is that it gives his ten man squads more targets to deal with when trying to decide what to shoot at or assualt.
    As per normal Relay lists the only thing on the table will be the Relay El and everything else I will hold in reserve. Any comments or ideas are welcome on how one would try a list to fight 76 space marines.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

one more thing, yes I am tailoring a list to fight him but he has one like 6 games in a row in the last few weeks and has slaughtered in objective missions. I just need to bring him down a notch for at least one game, or at least try hehe.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

You really dont like your friend do you

+ Reply to Thread