Trying a 1500 point army out! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying a 1500 point army out!

Heres what im thinking.

The Deceiver - 300

11 Warriors - 198
    10 Warriors - 180
    10 Warriors - 180

4 Destroyers - 200
    4 Destroyers - 200

2 Tomb Spyders - 110
    2 Heavy Destroyers - 130

Total Points - 1498
    Total 'Necrons' - 43
    Phase Out - 10

What do you guys think??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Not a bad list, really. I prefer the Deceiver over the Nightbringer as far as the C'Tan go, so that's a good selection IMO. Though I'm a bit worried about it in games of a medium size like this; I would think the C'Tan to be a better choice in higher point games (1850+). I think he could work in this list, but the other concern would be the Tomb Spyders. I'm not sure I like them in this list, but again personal preference.

I would probably drop them in lieu of another Heavy Destroyer or another two regular Destroyers, or something of that nature.

Still, not a bad list overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I think it's a fine list. Good mix of scary CC units and blistering firepower. Along with plenty of support infantry. Really I can't see any glaring problems. Perhaps split the HD into two squads?

Work the field to your advantage, set the opponent's units up for charges, play smart and you should be able to take most games. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thought I had was that there is no RO in the list so power weapons and double toughness weapons will have fun so i thought of this list instead, I could always run both depending on my opponent/mood.

Lord - 140
    -Ressurection Orb

11 Warriors - 198
    10 Warriors - 180
    10 Warriors - 180

4 Destroyers - 200
    4 Destroyers - 200
    4 Destroyers - 200

Heavy Destroyer - 65
    Heavy Destroyer - 65
    Heavy Destroyer - 65

Total Points: 1493
    Total 'Necrons': 47
    Phase Out: 11

The list is a lot more 'Shooty' but has more suvivability due to the Orb at the core of the Army. The list also has 7 points to play with but obviously with no 'wargear' to chose from cant really use them. Unless I drop the 11t warriors fro the 1st squad and give my lord a Lightning field? Would it be worth it?

Comments Please.

P.S. Thanks for the compliments on the list!
    Last edited by SteVieBizzLe; March 31st, 2009 at 21:49. Reason: Forgot point limit!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

This list is also pretty solid. I wouldn't go for the field on the Lord; it won't be useful. If anything, I'd consider dropping a Destroyer or Heavy Destroyer or something to find points to fit something else in, but the list as it is right now looks pretty good to me.

I'm not sure which I like better. You could probably find a good balance between the two; lose the Deceiver in the first list for a Lord, maybe another squad of Warriors if you want, or the other squad of Destroyers.

Nice job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I am surprised that I managed to write 2 good lists, I think like i said i will run both lists, keep it spicy and interesting but thanks for the compliments any comments are always welcome but compliments are always better. LoL

+ Reply to Thread