1600 hybrid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1600 hybrid list

This is my first army for wh40k. It has foot and mech elements, so it's considered hybrid. I'll start with some part of it and will expand by buying more minis... Want to know how playable it will be, and I hope it won't use no-brainer boring tactic.
    Theme is some kind of Ulthwe, mostly because I like Farseer stuff and color scheme, hehe. Don't like guardians though.

HQ
    Farseer, doom, spear
    Farseer, doom, spear

TROOPS
    10 x Dire Avengers, dual ASC, bladestorm; Serpent, BL
    10 x Dire Avengers, dual ASC, bladestorm; Serpent, BL
    10 x Guardians, spiritseer, embolden, spear, scatter

FAST
    9 x Warp Spiders, dual DS, blades

ELITES
    10 x Striking Scorpions, claw, biting, shadowstrike, stalker

HEAVY
    Wraithlord, BL, sword
    Wraithlord, BL, sword

Pretty straightforward one, isn't it? Maybe I'll drop a few things for guardians on bikes for fast capture (66pt) or change one BL for Scatter. Still thinking about these points floating around.
    Tactics is obvious but seems like challenge anyway: seers with DA, go forward, disembark, outflank, jump thru the warp - then kill every thinking/stinking thing enemy dare to put against me.

My opponents will be: IG, IG, Tau, ?Tau, Nids, Orks, Templars, Wolves, Ultra, ?Necrons. Dunno who else and not sure about one Tau and Necro.

So, any opinions? Maybe it's vulnerable a lot against something? Or I need to drop some rarely used stuff?

EDIT: After some insights, squeezed in two little Wraithlords (god I love the minis) with babysitter squad, instead of Dragons and other stuff.

Last edited by DarthTixed; April 4th, 2009 at 22:45.

+ Reply to Thread