1700, Sharing an Undefeated List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1700, Sharing an Undefeated List

Hey everyone I have been playing this list for 3-4 weeks now and so far I am 8-0 with it, and all my games I have wiped my opponent off the table by the end of turn 5. I have played mainly orcs and marines with it, which seem to be 2 of the more popular armies out there these days, so I figured I would share it with you guys and perhaps see if anyone has some tweaking to do with it.

HQ
    Tyrant - Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands(i), Winged, Warp Field, 2 X Scything Talons
    Tyrant - Toxin Sacs, Warp Field, Enhanced Senses, 2 X Twin Linked Devourer, 2 X Guards

Elite
    Carinfex - Enhanced Senses, 2 X Twin Linked Devourer

Troop
    Genestealers X 11 - Feeder Tendrils, Toxin Sacs
    Genestealers X 11 - Feeder Tendrils, Toxin Sacs
    Gaunts X 12 - Flesh Borer

Heavy
    Zoanthrop X 2 - Synapse, Warp Blast
    Carnifex - Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
    Carnifex - Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler

Total = 1700

Generally when picking terrain I will pop something right in the middle where my dakka tyrant and dakka fex can just stand there and shoot away. Also if playing objective based missions I bring a unit of gaunts with them to hold the objectives. I always run my genestealers through cover or behind gaunts, and even though they are equipped fairly basic, they easily do the most work in my army. With all the drop pod armies out there these days my stealers can cover so much ground by just assaulting the pods and or the squads/dreadnaughts that come out of them, I absolutley love sending my stealers after dreadnaughts btw!

Cheers,
    Washout

Last edited by Washout81; April 3rd, 2009 at 02:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious about your choice of Borers for the gaunts. Do you find it that much of an improvement over spinefists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run a very similar list with the same results. I've been using the list for teh last 4-5 months. I'm starting to find the list is getting boring.

Here are the changes that I see to my list.

The walkrant - drop the warp field and use EC in its place. Same save, you just loose the 6+ invulnerable and gain some points.

Elite fexes, I use one dakka and two piefexes.

Troops - I run 3x 7 stealers with FT and scuttlers. I run 2x 8 spine gaunt w/ WON.

the only other change is I sometimes change the cc flyrant for a dakka flyrant.

Both lists are very basic nidzilla lists and very effective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mainly i have the borers because I bought a bunch of battle of mccrage gaunts from friends ect, which cant be changed. I like to keep the gaunts cheap non the less however, and they are always near a pack of stealers or one of my fexes/tyrants. They do their job well I find as I will only assault them if something else is going with em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Have you thought about leaping spine-rippers at all? They get very little attention, but equip them with enhanced senses and toxin sac, they become a nice little addition to a squad. Any thoughts?
    Applaud, my friend, the Comedy is finished.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

+ Reply to Thread