1250pt Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250pt Tourney List

Hey guys, I have a 1250pt tourney coming up and was wanting to get input on the list I'm thinking about. I expect to see 2-3 Tyranids, 2-3 Smurfs (1 I know is Deathwing), Eldar, and Tau. That is all I know that will be there. I was trying to find a way to put Incubi in or Jetbikes but I didn't. If you guys have suggestions on getting Incubi in please let me know. I really love the models and I hate not using them.

HQ: 1x Dracon (130 Pts)
    Combat Drug Dispenser; Shadow Field; Tormentor Helm; Trophy Rack; Punisher; Animus Vitae

Elite: 6x Wyches (177 Pts)
    5 Wyches - Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades
    Succubus - Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Plasma Grenades (Squad); Goblet of Spite
    Raider - Dark Lance; Horrorfex

Elite: 6x Wyches (172 Pts)
    5 Wyches - Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades
    Succubus - Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Plasma Grenades (Squad)

Troops: 10x Warrior Squad (100 Pts)
    10 Warrior Squad - Splinter Rifle (x 8 ); Dark Lance (x2)

Troops: 5x Raider Squad (130 Pts)
    Raider Squad - Blaster; Splinter Rifle (x3); Splinter Cannon; Raider
    Raider - Dark Lance; Horrorfex; Nightshields

Heavy Support: Ravager (140 Pts)
    Ravager - Disentegrator (x3); Nightshields

Total Roster Cost: 1249

I like playing Mech list so this is what I came up with. I only own 7 vehicles atm so I stuck the sniper squad in there to get another scoring unit.

I played a Tyranid player yesterday with this list and had some problems. No real winner, we had to call the game end of turn 3 and he had me by 1 KP, but we didn't count it because we couldn't finish it.

There will be 2 games, one is annihilation, the other is a home made objective scenario where the objective is usefull somehow after you get it and you can carry it around with you.

Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls.
    These are some of my favourite things.
    - Dracon Borkor

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alethe View Post
    HQ: 1x Dracon (130 Pts)
    Combat Drug Dispenser; Shadow Field; Tormentor Helm; Trophy Rack; Punisher; Animus Vitae

Standard infantry butcher. Proven Loadout, Where's this guy going to sit?

Elite: 6x Wyches (177 Pts)
    Succubus - Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Plasma Grenades (Squad); Goblet of Spite

Looks fine.

Elite: 6x Wyches (172 Pts)
    Succubus - Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Wych Weapons; Plasma Grenades (Squad)

As above.

Troops: 10x Warrior Squad (100 Pts)
    10 Warrior Squad - Splinter Rifle (x 8 ); Dark Lance (x2)

Again, standard set up, with the armies you have mentioned seems needed.

Looks okay but at 5 they will not last long, the blaster is short ranged and so they will need to get up close. As a result Nightshields are made redundant, and its an expenisive upgrade for a cardboard box. Id drop it and take either more warriors to add survivability, or a sybartie with terrorfex, I love them, pinning makes my world go round...

As above.

As above.

Cant go wrong with these guys... Nightshields seem unecessary but its up to you.

As above.

Total Roster Cost: 1249

I like playing Mech list so this is what I came up with. I only own 7 vehicles atm so I stuck the sniper squad in there to get another scoring unit.

I played a Tyranid player yesterday with this list and had some problems. No real winner, we had to call the game end of turn 3 and he had me by 1 KP, but we didn't count it because we couldn't finish it.

There will be 2 games, one is annihilation, the other is a home made objective scenario where the objective is usefull somehow after you get it and you can carry it around with you.

Personally I would drop the ravagers nightshields and the raiders, with the spare points you could take a heamonculus, or 2, if unconvinced about the sybarite set up. They really add to the warriors killing power and give that little it of fight back in CC.

Other than that without knowing what you intend to do with the lord theres not much I can think of.
    Last edited by stwess; April 6th, 2009 at 12:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stwess View Post
    Personally I would drop the ravagers nightshields and the raiders, with the spare points you could take a heamonculus, or 2, if unconvinced about the sybarite set up. They really add to the warriors killing power and give that little it of fight back in CC.

Other than that without knowing what you intend to do with the lord theres not much I can think of.
    The Lord with be riding with one of the Wyche squads. Sorry I thought I put that on there.

I do like the nightshields on the Ravagers. I keep them at the back so I have had it come in handy.
    - Dracon Borkor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Nice list, the only thing I see really missing is nightshields from the wyche raiders. People assume that since they are going to try and close with the enemy that they won't benefit from nightshields, not true. Besides the first turn benefit, nightshields have protected my wyches from innumerable melta, plasma, and bolter shots, not to mention shots from further down the enemies line.

Dropping the animus vitae would give you the needed points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Gardeth. You and I seem to have the same style of play so I'm always happy to hear your advice. Keep it coming. Also, do you think that I should change the Dracon out for an Archon or leave it a Dracon?
    - Dracon Borkor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Whenever I have the points I like to take an archon, if for no other reason then the extra wound helps mitigate some of the risk from the combat drugs (you can roll 2 doubles before you have to start getting really cautious with drug usage.)

+ Reply to Thread