What vehicle upgrades should I take? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

What vehicle upgrades should I take?

I am painting up and putting together a 1750pt army and was wondering what kind of vehicle upgrades would work the best. I recently up the points from 1500 and added a whole lot of mechanical bits (my 1500pt army only had one tank). I want to keep this army on the competitive side but still keep with my Death skulls Theme. I will be posting my painting progress soon.

So the question, what should i deck out my vehicles with? Here is the list, any suggestions vehicle or other wise is welcome!

HQ:
    Warboss 100
    -Power Klaw
    -eavy armour
    -Kombi-skorcha
    -Bosspole

Big Mek 85
    -Kustom Force Field

Elites
    Lootas 150
    x10 w/Mek

Troops
    11 Ork slugga boys 101
    -Nob w/ Power Klaw
    Trukk 50
    Reinforced ram and armour plates

12 Ork slugga boys 112
    -Nob w/ Bosspole and Power Klaw
    Trukk 50

12 Ork slugga boys 112
    -Nob w/ Bosspole and Power Klaw
    Trukk 50

25 Ork shoota boys 175
    Nob w/bosspole
    x2 Big shootas

25 Ork Shoota boys 175
    Nob w/bosspole
    x2 Big shootas

Fast
    4 Deffkoptas 180
    x4 Twin-linked rokkit launchas

Heavy
    3 Killa Kans 160
    x2 Kustom Mega-blasters, x1 Rokkit Launcha

Looted Wagon 125
    -Boomgun
    -Big shoota
    -Ard Case
    -Grot Riggers

Looted Wagon 125
    -Boomgun
    -Big shoota
    -Ard Case
    -Grot Riggers

total 1750pts

Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hello

The warboss needs cybork, or else he's going to be torn to pieces by enemy attacks that ignore armor saves. I'd consider dropping him altogether though. At this point level, I only use warbosses when I'm also fielding nobz.

You don't really need 10 lootas. 9 is fine, and generally the only way I field them. I'd try and add another 9 to the list when possible (using meks w/big shootas if necessary), as they tend to draw a lot of fire, and the best way to keep them alive is to field multiple units of them.

Don't bother using armor plates on trukks. They're too fragile to warrant them. Just give them a ram and nothing else. The only way to keep them alive is to keep them obscured, either within range of a KFF or behind cover.

Never use less than 5 deffkoptas. They have to take a panic check after a single casualty otherwise, and they only have a 58% of passing in the best of circumstances. If you're not going to use 5, then you might as well only use 1. Also, always outflank with them.

Never mix different weapon types in the same unit. Arm all the Killa Kans with either KMBs or all rokkits (KMBs are my preference).

Looted wagons with boomguns are 'just barely' cost effective. They're an expensive unit, considering that they malfunction 1 out of ever 6 turns (doing nothing besides racing forward), and they only have a front armor of 11. That being said, I like looted wagons with boomguns and I use them, but the only way they can be effective is when they have virtually no upgrades on them at all, to keep their cost down. I only give them a boomgun and a big shoota, that's all. The big shoota is so they can still be useful even if their main gun is destroyed.

Otherwise the overall setup of the list looks good. Good luck!
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; April 8th, 2009 at 17:37. Reason: forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread