500 pt tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pt tournament

Hi All

First post here! Go easy please =)

My friends and I are having a mini tournament, 500 points, and so far my luck with eldar has been so so. Im still getting used to playing them, as I originally collected Necrons!! Completely different world!!

Anyway, Im looking for some advice on a 500pt army to enter to this tournament, I will be facing Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Tau, Imperial Guard, Orks..... so a big mix of things to fight.

Any input would be great thank you.

Im looking for a one army fits all but with Eldar im learning quickly that thats a bit harder than I thought!

Thank you

Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i play 500pts i do silly things ( DP with lash, 10 marines and defiler )
    so i would do like Avatar, Wraithlord and rest Avengers or Guradians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avatar and Wraithlord.. Didnt think of that to be honest xD

What would be best to kit the wraithlord out with do you think? I hear wraithlord strengths lay in its shooting capability?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im only just starting with eldar, (by starting i mean i have a codex, wraithlord and battleforce, unmade) so its probley best to ask someone else, in my list thread, i got advised to give them Bright lances, so mabey that, not sure if it would be worth it in 500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a good idea to deal with my friends IG. I think he is going to bring Tanks in a 500pt game to ruin everybody's day. Haha, so a Wraithlord with brightlance(s) should make short work of it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Bright Lances is still one on the wraithlord, its just twin linked for rerolls. If hes going to be fielding a few tanks in 500 point games and by a few I mean 2 at the most, take a singing spear on your farseer, if you bring Guardian Defenders put them with a warlock with a singing spear. 'Lords are a bit overkill in 500 point games, I'd bring one for a 750 at the least. 5 Firedragons cost you a wonderful 80 points and will crack open a Land raider in short time, consider bringing those in if you're certain hes fielding a tank/mech heavy list.
    If you you thought my post was helpful, or you just liked it, use the Rep button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. I have fire dragons sitting there in my box, never actually used them. Didnt realise they were so cheap? I imagine they would get shot to death before they could do anything useful =(

This tournament has turned into a campaign risk style, with basically each territory giving +50pts to spend on an army. So Id need something to give me an early advantage!

Any ideas for a good 500-600 point (depending if i can take the two neutral territories next to me) build that will get me off to a good start?

I considered putting a brightlance on the guardian weapon platform but a starcannon might be better against meqs.... but the scatter laser would work nicely against the orks and IG I will be facing..

Argh! Decisions!

+ Reply to Thread