Welcome to Librarium Online!
I ran this list the other day for all you necron players. I totally wiped out an eldar player except his avatar and his wraith lord tell me what you think of it.
Lord-Lightning feld-war scythe-gof
Lord and immortals together obviously, other lord with the pariahs kept the tomb spiders close at hand with the warriors and the wraiths happened to work out to my advantage for my we'll be back rolls.
This if my first post tell me what you think of my list (^_^)
Hey Darkness, welcome to LO, and to the Necron forum.
You've got a number of strong aspects, though I feel there are some fundamentals that you skipped over a bit here. First off, I feel you just don't have enough warriors around, assuming you're playing 5ed, if you end up in an objectives game it's going to be rather tough to get by with 20 warriors, aside from this you have a PO of 10 in a 2k game, I'd shoot a little higher myself.
Is your second lord (the l-field one) on a destroyer body? Or do you just foot slog it and expect the opponents to come to you? Everything I hear the L-field is best on a destroyer lord w/ scarab retinue, in this army though you could field a "wralthlord" pattern (destroyer body, phase shifter, res orb, warscythe) to give those two wraith squads a leader and some anti-heavy infantry oomf.
Interesting choice on the elites section, how're the pariahs working out for you? From what I've seen of them so far, used in conjunction with tomb spyders like that, they get mean fast.
I know i lack warriors but i think being low on warriors is made up with the monolith being able to retake my tests and also with the tomb spiders. They keep your models alive so there isnt a whole lot to worry about there. Against eldar i keep a simple strategy, wraiths walk up with the warriors backed by a tomb spider. Keeps them moving and alive, while the warriors pepper the squads the wraiths charge in. Monolith lays down heavy fire backed by immortals jumping all over town. When need be teleporting pariahs with the l-field lord into combat through monolith when ever i needed i only ran them because eldar loves psychers.
- If the Veil Lord is going with the Immortals, he doesn't need an orb. Only STR10 weapons and power weapons and the like are going to deny them their WBB, so the Orb isn't necessary.
- The other Lord seems a bit out of place. Paraihs, I'm afraid to say, suck without WBB, and a Lord can do far better for a bodyguard. I suggest either sticking him on a Destroyer Body and sending him off with the wraiths, or dropping him entirely. Lords are one of our worst choices. Also, drop the Lightning Field.
- The Pariahs, if it were my list, would go. BTW, you cannot teleport them through the monolith, as they are not a necron unit.
- A third squad of warriors is highly reccomended. A Monolith is unlikely to be enough to keep the 2 squads you have alive, especially if it has to choose between the squads. Not entirely sure how the Tomb Spyders help the warrios survival, unless they're purley there for counter charge purposes.
- Destroyers work better in multiple units, so try to squeeze in an extra two.
Hope that helps,