1750 Tournament (First shot at mostly mech) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    It came from the warp... Fleeting Ęther's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

1750 Tournament (First shot at mostly mech)

Ok, so after fighting Necrons recently, and my 1750 list getting no better than a draw I decided to look over the units in my current list.

==HQ==
    Farseer - 95
    ---Doom
    ---Runes of Warding
    Farseer - 80
    ==Troops==
    2x 10 Dire Avengers - 152
    ---Exarch
    ---Dual Catapults
    ---Bladestorm
    2x Wave Serpent - 130[260]
    ---EML
    ---Spirit Stones
    6 Rangers - 144
    ---Pathfinders
    ==Elites==
    7 Harlequins - 180
    ---Shadowseer
    ---7 Harlequins Kisses
    ==Fast Attack==
    8 Warp Spiders - 193
    ---Exarch
    ---Dual Death Spinners
    ==Heavy Support==
    2x Wraithlord - 155[310]
    ---EML
    ---Bright Lance
    4 Dark Reapers - 182
    ---Exarch
    ---Tempest Launcher
    ---Crack Shot

TOTAL - 1748

-One Farseer stayed with the Ranger/Wraithlords/Harlequins/Dark Reapers to Doom if anything got in Range
    -Warp Spiders moved up with both Avenger Serpents to wipe a squad clean off the table
    -Dark Reapers/Rangers shot at anything not in cover if the opportunity presented itself
    -Wraithlords are anti-tank
    -Harlequins counter-assault anything going after the Rangers

After I looked at all the units in my list, I noticed a few flaws. While they were minor in essence, having static units, especially troops, is not a good idea in 5th. So I decided to remove the Reapers, and the Rangers, due to needing another mobile troop, and that if I had brought the Reaper squad to 5, two Fire Prisms would do the job as well as, if not better than the Reapers. The Rangers, I just couldn't justify due to the need to have mobile troops a lot of the time. They're really hard to get out of cover, but flamers ruin their day, and they just don't do that much damage for their points value. The Doomseer with my firebase didn't do anything the entire game, the Necrons were too far away to be doomed.

So with that said, here's my new list.

==HQ==
    Yriel - 155
    Farseer - 98
    ---Doom
    ---Runes of Warding
    ---Singing Spear
    ==Troops==
    2x 10 Dire Avengers - 152[304]
    ---Exarch
    ---Dual Avenger Shuriken Catapults
    ---Bladestorm
    10 Storm Guardians - 135
    ---2 Flamers
    ---Warlock
    ---Destructor
    3x Wave Serpents - 145[435]
    ---Spirit Stones
    ---Bright Lance
    ==Elites==
    9 Striking Scorpions - 196
    ---Exarch
    ---Scorpion's Claw
    ---Shadowstrike
    ---Stalker
    ==Fast Attack==
    8 Warp Spiders - 193
    ---Exarch
    ---Dual Death Spinners
    ==Heavy Support==
    2x Fire Prism - 115[230]

TOTAL - 1746

-Farseer rides with one of the DA squads to doom their intended target.
    -Yriel rides with the Storm Guardians to make absolutely sure that whatever they decide to attack dies that turn.
    -Fire Prisms do whatever needs doing. They're so versatile they don't really have a defined role.
    -Warp Spiders will probably be deepstriking as this list is so full of armor that they'll be heavily targeted by anti-infantry fire.
    -Scorpions will most likely infiltrate to a good position to be supported by the Storm Guardians most likely.

As this is my first shot at a list with more than two tanks, I'd highly appreciate some feedback on what works best, as I'm not sure how to run this list very well. Whether I should use Yriel's Master Strategist rule is another thing I'm not sure about. With two foot units, I'm not sure if I should do a reserve mech force or not.

Last edited by Fleeting Ęther; April 12th, 2009 at 11:27.
    Scratchbuilding Fire Prism Crystals
    2K Mech Eldar in 2010: 25Win/4Lose/8Draw

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

That looks like a pretty solid list. I'd just watch out your prisms don't get picked out early on, - Try and keep them as far away from your enemy as possible as they have more range than most weapons - You'll need the combined shot at least once during the game I guarantee, and the re-rolls on the scatter dice can be quite useful.

You've used dire avengers before so I assume you know, but I'm just checking you remember that the set-up you've got them in makes them one-hit wonders, and if they don't make their points back in the turn they use Bladestorm, you've likely wasted them. Generally they make it back comfortably though (even more so if your Farseer dooms the unit you're targeting), so I wouldn't worry too much.

~ L
    Last edited by Dream Thief; April 12th, 2009 at 13:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a first shot at a mech list I'd say it is really good. However, there is one thing that I think you might want to look over; the setup on your Fire Prisms. Being as deadly as they are, they generally attract LOADS of AT firepower, and a measly 12/12/10 AV makes prisms drop like flies. I therefore urge you to find the points to kit them out with holo-fields. I've found that they are well worth their points, making one's prisms way more survivable. Think about it ^^

With Regards
    Hamsterball

+ Reply to Thread