1500pt Light Vehicle List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

1500pt Light Vehicle List

A light vehicle list, modified to the present edition. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of it.

HQ:
    Autarch: Jetbike, Mandiblasters, Laser Lance: 130pts
    Farseer: Jatbike, Guide, Singing Spear: 108pts

Troops:
    Jetbike Squad: 3x Bikes, 1x Shurikan Cannon, Warlock with Embolden and Singing Spear: 129pts
    Jetbike Squad: 3x Bikes, 1x Shurikan Cannon, Warlock with Embolden and Singing Spear: 129pts
    Jetbike Squad: 6x Bikes, 2x Shurikan Cannon: 152pts
    Jetbike Squad: 6x Bikes, 2x Shurikan Cannon: 152pts

Fast Attack:
    Vyper: 2x Shurikan Cannon: 60pts

Heavy Support:
    War Walkers: 3x Walkers, 6x Scatter Lasers: 180pts
    War Walkers: 3x Walkers, 6x Shurikan Cannon: 120pts
    War Walker: 1x Walker, 2x Bright Lance: 90pts

Total: 1499pts

The idea is to hold the entire list in reserve, then use the Autarch's ability to call it out on a 3+. I debated about a second Autarch to make it a 2+, but decided on the farseer. Once on the board, the idea is to saturate the enemy's guns with too many targets to hit, and use a lot of S6 firepower to kill everything. The bikes with warlocks, the autarch, the lone war walker, and the farseer are all capable of killing heavy vehicles, I should have enough S6 firepower to deal with the light ones, as well as any heavy infantry. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

It's a really good list against other elite armies, but I doubt it will work against massed infantry armies. Also the new guard have something that gave you -1 on your reserves rolls, so you may want to be wary against guard players.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List looks like it could work. Lot of squads that are pretty durable.

But I have some doubts about the vypers, I find them pretty weak in the 5th edition, only armour ten, and no more special rules like automatic glance instead of penatrating, that means that even bolters or boltpistols gen shoot them down. the only thing that works now is hinding them behind cover, while maintaining your LoS.

I know it doens't really fit your light vehicle style, but you should consider warpspiders instead, also str 6 guns, a few les shots but you get BS4. And the models are smaller so easier to hide, and the second jump after the shooting fase works briljant to stay out of enemy fire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

In truth, you could argue the same about my war walkers, but they've always been that light. Vypers are more for psychological effect than anything else. Vypers (being oversized jetbikes and closer to the front line than war walkers) tend to draw fire fairly well, ideally away from the jetbike squads. They are also faster and can turbo boost. Lots of speed can also freak people out, odd as it sounds (at least around here, where most people play either slow lists or semi-mech lists).
    As far as massed infantry, this list has always had the most trouble with massed gunlines. Assaulting infantry can be danced around, and most of my units are fast enough to be able to move from one board side to the other in a turn or two, allowing me to concentrate fire more effectively, and generate holes in the line through which I can maneuver. For gunlines, I refer to the tactica that Cheredanine wrote awhile back, as most of it still applies.

+ Reply to Thread