Crushed once more - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crushed once more

So, played an interesting 3 way game against 2 of my mates on friday night. 1750 points each, only me and the marine player deployed any troops the tau didnt make an apearance untill about turn 3.

So, onto my point. My monolith was knocked out by an assault cannon, and 5 wolfguard and a venerable dread dismantled my army. Dispite my very best efforts to kill them all, in one turn my entire army rapid fired at the wolfguard and managed to kill 2 of them.

Unlucky??

the remaining Wolflord, his 2 terminator mates and a venerable dreadnought ate their way through all but 2 units of warriors.

How on earth do I kill terminators ... 500 pts of terminators decemated me.

any suggestions on how to deal with them without resulting to a sledge hammer??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too struggle with terminators. I've only just started out so i don't have many models but I just had enough shots. 52 shots hitting on 3's wounding on 4's was enough to kill a few in the game I played. But I agree, Necrons don't really have anything decent with power weapons or many AP 2 guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

First off, this is a standard "Necron" forum post, not army lists

Try a small squad of Pariahs to counter the termies, they should be able to counter and cut down their forces (unless they're assault termies) overall just sound like bad luck to me though, and good luck for your opponent. Tomb spyders could also stall terminators, and have a chance of bringing a few with them if they get the charge off.
    Otherwise you just gotta mass-fire them until they die off, it's tough but it's gotta be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't we all hate terminators lol. First off I think what Alzer says is probably the best solution for necron. But heavy destroyer is also good for terminators.
    and for terminators use an army list that have more shoot quantity then the quantity of the shoot. ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy destroyers are very expensive and if i used them, they would spend their whole time shooting down tanks. Small unit of pariahs? Hmm.... Will give it a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Charging Pariahs will tear terminators to bits, however they only work on standard powerfist termies, and thunder hammer assault terimes.
    Chaos, Grey Knight, and Lightening claw termies strike first and will just rip the Pariahs to shreds before they can do anything sadly. Fortunately the pariahs still have a very nice shooting weapon (which they can level on the charge and hope for a couple extra wounds) It can also be tricky getting Pariahs to the terminators, a smart player will just avoid them or DS them on the other side of your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: how on earth can an assault cannon possible do something against the monolith? He doesn't get the extra "rend" die, because of the living metal rule or am I wrong about that?

About the terminators: A unit of pharia will most likely create a bubble of 12 inch around them where they will come close. You could always use a C'tan against them. A necron lord could kill some, even more with a phaseblade. The lord could keep of lightning claw temies if you give him a destroyer body and phase shifter. And also the monolith could kill terminators with the particle whip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

Yggdrassil makes a good point, monoliths are immune to rending.

Particle whip doesn't have the AP needed to really down termies, 2+ saves are just too tough for that sort of thing even with the reliability of wounds. Though I can't say it would HURT if you matched it with a couple destroyer squads, and some warriors/immortals ya might take them down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I actualy ment the AP 1 upon the model directly under the whip. I don't say it's reliable, but if you have nothing beter to shoot, go for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Wraiths are a good buy for any necron player, as a marine and guard player i know I'm scared ****less by them. They may not do well against termies though, just my advice to any necron player.

Destroyers and immortals could be used to take down termies just because of their large number of shots. If the terminators were armed with twin lightning claws you should consider tying them up wih scarabs, claws on termies are becoming less and less popular though. Just try to make them take enough saves and hope for the best.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread