Ork 1000 pts. Mechish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ork 1000 pts. Mechish

Hi, I'm new to 40k, newer to orks, and even new to librarium. My list is mainly mech, with grots for sitting on objectives. I'll accept any critisim and comments but please remember this is my first ork list.

HQ

Warboss
    PK
    TL Shoota
    Cybork
    ‘Eavy armour

Big Mek
    KFF

Troops

Nobx6
    PKx2
    1xBosspole
    6x‘Eavy Armour
    1xPainboy
    6xCyborks
    1xShoota/Skorcha
    Trukk
    Red paint
    Ram

Slugga boy x12
    Nob
    PK
    BP
    Trukk
    Red paint
    Ram

Shoota boy x16
    Big Shoota
    Nob
    PK
    BP

10x Gretchin
    Runtherd

Heavy Support

Battle wagon
    Deff Rolla
    Red paint
    2x Big Shoota

2 kannons
    runtherd

Thanks,
    Nittsua

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hello

First of all, welcome to the Orks! Have you checked out this topic yet?:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...00-basics.html

A few people, including myself, put it together as a basic guide for new Ork players.

Your list looks pretty good, and there are only a few minor changes I would make.

First, the unit of 2 kannons should cost 50 points, and I wouldn't give it a runtherder. If your opponent focuses fire upon it, it's gone no matter what, so I'd just keep the unit as cheap as possible.

I wouldn't use anything less than 20 boyz in the shoota squad. Even if they're going in the battlewagon (and they should) you should never use anything less than the maximum that can fit in the transport.

I wouldn't put the warboss with the nobz. They'll be more than powerful enough without him. Instead, I'd give the warboss a combi-scorcha and put him with one of the units of slugga boyz.

The nobz need a waaaaugh banner. It's invaluable when fighting WS 4 enemies. I'd also also either put a stikkbomb chukka on the trukk or give the unit stikkbombs, otherwise you'll have trouble assaulting other Orks (which comes up more often than you'd think). You can drop the 'eavy armor from the unit. Cybork and feel no pain is more than enough.

Otherwise the list looks good. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Ya i've read the basics, it's really awesome, thanks for putting it together
    Oops about the points cost, it'll now cost 40 pts with just 2 cannons.

Would using 19 shoota boys and the big mek in the battle wagon be alright? That way it can assist the trukks.

Good idea with the boss, I'll put him and 11 slugga boyz in the trukk.

I'm rewriting my army list, and it looks very promising. I might need to remove something else to make up for some needed gear, but it should all work out.

Thanks,
    Nittsua
    Nittsua... Eldar and Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant wait to play this list - it does look very promising lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Yup

Yes, I'd put the big mek in with the shoota boyz...although you arguably might not need him at all. He'd only be protecting 3 vehicles. You might be better off taking him out and using the points (plus some points from here and there) to add a few more shooty units.

If you like him, then use him, but I personally don't use 2 HQ choices unless I'm playing a 1500 point list or higher.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, I could maybe add some lootas (like the sound of those) or possibly kans?(don't know much about them, but they sound pretty good).

Either way, I'll try with the big mek first, to see if it really fits in or not. Good point about multiple HQs though.

~

Would using meganobs instead of normal nobs be better in this list? I think they're both good but i'm kinda leaning towards meganobs now.
    Last edited by Nittsua; May 5th, 2009 at 02:51. Reason: New Option
    Nittsua... Eldar and Orks

+ Reply to Thread