1000pt "Crisis" Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt "Crisis" Army

Hi, I'm trying to fit in a 1000pt list as many Crisis Suits as possible (you will see...) remaining competitive. Feel free to criticize the idea (pros & cons) and post some alternative weapon selections if possible.

- Cmdr. Shas'el (Plasma rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT + HW.TL)
    - Shas'vre (TL Flamer + Fusion Blaster + HW.MT) 218pt
    - Shas'vre (TL Flamer + Fusion Blaster + HW.MT)

- Fire Warrior Team (6) 60pt
    - Fire Warrior Team (6) 60pt

- Crisis Shas'vre (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT)
    - Crisis Shas'ui (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT) 226pt
    - Crisis Shas'ui (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT)

- Crisis Shas'ui (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT) 226pt
    - Crisis Shas'ui (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT)

- Crisis Shas'ui (Missile Pod + Fusion Blaster + T.Array + HW.MT) 210pt
    - Crisis Shas'ui (Missile Pod + Fusion Blaster + T.Array + HW.MT)

PD: I'm not a native english speaker, sorry if something's wrong.
    PD2: I've not already played any game with Tau.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Hi there. Let's see if I can help a little.

HQ stuff.

You have a long range on your Commander's XV8, but only close range stuff on his Bodyguards. I would suggest that you exchange his weapons for something that will fit in better range-wise: burst cannon and Cyclic Ion Blaster for example. I would also suggest that you take the Commander's HWTL and give it to one of the Shas'vre Bodyguards. The reason behind this is that it will allow you to split the fire of the two Fusion Blasters if you get the chance to take on a couple of vehicles.

Troops.

Fine, if a little weak.

Elites.

Lots of problems here. Only the Team Leader or the Shas'vre can take the Targetting Array and a Hard-wired item of wargear. You cannot field 3 Hard-wired items in a single team since only one member is permitted access to them.

Also, you do not need to upgrade to the Shas'vre level in order to be able to take Hard-wired stuff. The Team Leader level is sufficient to get the Targetting Array and the HWMT.

So....you save quite a lot of points here. 75 of them in fact. This would allow you to field a second Shas'el with something like twin-linked burst cannons, a flamer and a Hard-wired Multitracker. Hey - another suit!

Hope this was of some help to you.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed the problem with HW Wargear after posting here, but hadn't realised Shas'vre upgrade was unnecessary, good advice there.
    About the commanders...well, it was some kind of tactic having long range weaponry + TL, but maybe with the extra Suit I can add to the list it's better to drop that configuration (and on the TL question, will 2 vehicles ever be in range of my fusion blasters at the same time?).

<Thx 4 the reply!>

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by scifikr View Post
    About the commanders...well, it was some kind of tactic having long range weaponry + TL, but maybe with the extra Suit I can add to the list it's better to drop that configuration (and on the TL question, will 2 vehicles ever be in range of my fusion blasters at the same time?).

<Thx 4 the reply!>
    Yes, but it depends on whether you deep strike the unit in successfully or have a silly opponent!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about this list for a while and finally added some changes:

- Cmdr. Shas'el (AFP + Burst Cannon + T.Array + HW.MT + HW.TL)
    - Shas'vre (TL Flamer + Fusion Blaster + HW.MT + HW.TL)
    - Shas'vre (TL Flamer + Fusion Blaster + HW.MT)

- Fire Warrior Team (7 + Shas'ui + B.Knife)
    - Devilfish (D.Pod)

- Crisis Shas'ui Team Leader (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT + HW.TL)
    - Crisis Shas'ui (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + MT)
    - Crisis Shas'ui Team Leader (Plasma Rifle + Missile Pod + T.Array + HW.MT + HW.TL)
    - Crisis Shas'ui (Missile Pod + Fusion Blaster + T.Array)
    - Crisis Shas'ui (Missile Pod + Fusion Blaster + T.Array)

Pts: 1001

And a simple question comes to my mind: Has it any chances of beating...well...anything...on any game type? (not counting huge numbers of lucky dice rolls )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

596 (x8)

In a 1k game you could find it does ok, but against horde armies you will have a problem as your firepower is very powerful but not massive in the number of shots. Against Marines it could be reasonably effective, although it will depend of course on how you protect your units.

E.

+ Reply to Thread