2,000 Point, Semi-Zilla list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

2,000 Point, Semi-Zilla list

HQ
    Dakkatyrant (196 points)
    -Two sets of twin linked devourers
    -Enhanced senses
    -Toxin sacs
    -Wings
    -Warp field

Broodlord (96 points)
    -Feeder tendrils
    -Toxin Sacs
    -Flesh Hooks
    -Extended Carapace
    Retinue (20 points each) (11 genestealers)
    -Extended carapace

Heavy
    3 Zoanthropes (65 points each)
    -Synapse
    -Warp blast

2 Heavy Carnifex (163 points each)
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Reinforced Chitin
    -Venom Cannon
    -Barbed Strangler

Elite
    2 Chargifexes (114 points each) Take one out if playing a game with objectives
    -Two scything talons
    -Toxic Miasma
    -Adrenal gland (WS)

1 Dakkafex (113 points)
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Two twin linked devourers

Troops
    57 Spinegaunts (3 squads) (6 points each) Make WON if playing a game with objectives
    -Extended carapace
    -Spinefists

Genestealers (24 points each) (1 brood of 11 )
    -extended carapace
    -feeder tendrils
    -scuttlers

Last edited by thefoolish; April 22nd, 2009 at 20:19.
    Applaud, my friend, the Comedy is finished.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm still a new to tyranids but hopefully i can be some help.

First of all, you have 1 too many HQ'S so you're going have to drop one of them.

Second, I believe that since your genestealers are in a retinue with the broodlord, they don't benefit from the scuttlers, so lose those. I find that extended carapace and flesh hooks on them however do alot of good though. The extended carapace will provide you armour saves from most basic weaponry such as bolters.

Third, your heavy carnifexes are actually 163 pts each.

4th, I personally likes my guants as dakka as possible so it would be best to lose all the upgrades on them. Extended carapace wont save you from almost all range weaponry and since they die so easily, your biomorphs points would be wasted. Im also believe that thats 2 squads of spineguants right?

Your close combat carnifexes will probably make it to combat at the least, turn 4 or 5. So that would make them pretty much useless. a smart player would just move back more and avoid your range. Same thing with your support tyrant if you wanna go melee. you might want to switch your biomorphs around with your flyrant as its actually a better melee so maybe the toxic miasma would be better suited on him instead. psychic scream doesnt really play a big part unless you know your opponent runs lots of psykers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Thanks for catching me on the stupid math mistakes.

Anyway, here's my thought-process on several of the things you mentioned. My reasoning for having my dakka-tyrant with wings is so that he can stay far enough away to get off his twelve shots eachs round. I also have noticed that my scouting genestealers are able to get close enough quickly to tie up enough people to let my cc carnis get into the fray. Also, you think they'll only get close enough by turn 4? Remember, they have run also...so, that's an average of 9" a turn, not counting charging into combat. Also, if they want to keep moving away from me, that means two things for them: no firing heavy weapons and no charging. If they want to do that, I'm willing to be my tyrant and broodlord will eventually catch up to him, especially if the broodlord infiltrates 12" away from him.

However, do you think I should stick with the supportrant or go with the broodlord who could inflitrate his group, and thus attack some attention and do some damage.
    Last edited by thefoolish; April 21st, 2009 at 22:33.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

So, I've updated my list thanks to Kazukun. I'm now going with a broodlord for my second HQ so that he can infiltrate. I may take the wings off of my tyrant, but I like the ability to get him behind cover quickly and blast the crap out of people.

Personally, I think that my heavy-carnifexes, my dakkatyrant, and my zoanthropes should be able to lay down a lot of fire to take out a lot of people. My broodlord will hopefully tangle up a group of annoying people for a while. My chargifexes will either survive long enough to take out a tank or character, or they will get blasted. If they do, I'm willing to sacrifice them to let my other boys survive.

So, how does it look?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point about the running part, I played a tyranid player last night who ran his carnifex and it took him turn 4 to be close enough to assault just not on that turn, but then was rapid fired by my sternguard veterans with hellfire rounds to death with lysandser so thats probably why i was thinking they wont make it for the most part of game.

dont forget that scuttler gives you scout, which also gives you the ability to outflank, so on lucky rolls, you might be able to aid your broodlord with another squad of genestealers.

Again I strongely advise to make your guants as cheap as possible due to that almost all range weaponry would automatically kill it. The few guants that do make it to close combat wont benifit much from a 5+ save. Thats a 33% chance they will live. With all the biomorphs you put into them, you could ran more guants instead. You are paying 6 points for just biomorphs your 1 upgraded gaunt could actually be exactly 2 dakka guants. So instead of just 40 guants, you could have 80 instead and it wont make you cry whenever you lose a guant since you have so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Good point, mate. The way I justified the carapace is that it is still a twice more likely chance that they will survive. The toxin sacs will come off, I agree. The AG probably will, too. Thanks for the help, man! What do you think aside from that?

Reducing the gaunts to 6 points, with extended carapace and spinefists, gives me three options: give them WON, add a lot more gaunts, or att 6 more gaunts and an elite fex with enhanced senses and two twin linked devourers. At the moment, I am going with the third option. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by thefoolish; April 22nd, 2009 at 02:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an extra carnifex is always a good idea seeing as how we lack a few tank crushers. I personally dont like won, because your opponent would have extra kill points and their main focus is probably just controlling territories as I doubt they will make it back into the fight. adding more guants is also pretty good as you will have a much bigger army. Remember a fluffy tyranid list is base of endless swarms, and lots of people love their nidzilla army also, so its really up to you if you want more guants or carnifex. Personally I would go with carnifex just because 1 squad shooting it would used a turn at one target, giving your guants closer to the fight and since their toughness is so high on the carnifex, it wouldnt go down for several turn, leaving your other carnifexes, tyrants, and troops free to wreck havoc.

Forgot to mention this though, but at where your at, who do you normally play against? If its against space marines, eldars and imperial guards maybe (dont play those two so dont know their weaponry but should be same as space marine), you might want to consider losing the extended carapace since their weaponry will ignore your armor saves since their ap will most likely equal to your armor save except for like shot guns and sniper rifles and that's about it.
    Last edited by kazukun; April 22nd, 2009 at 18:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

I agree. The extended carapace is more for ork and guard (other swarms). Against the big boys, it's fairly useless and will be removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run a Tyranid army where I usually play against Eldar and Space Marines. Generally, the my friend who plays Eldar uses lots of ranged attacks such as Pathfinders and Dark Reapers with a focus on Dire Avengers using Bladestorm. My Brother plays Space Wolves, but his army is a little light and we only play small skirmishes. Some things that I've garnered from my experiences against Eldar and Marines:

1) Skimmer tanks are very annoying to kill. Plan for them (your list should be fine).

2) I put extended carapace on everything by default no questions asked. There is nothing more annoying than being AP5ed. Don't leave home without it!

3) It doesn't seem like you are using too many Genestealers, otherwise I would recommend you take Flesh Hooks over Feeder Tendrils. Seems like you are using a lot of ranged with your big guys, so Tendrils wouldn't be too necessary there. Broodlord and Lictors can provide enough Tendril action as they will likely be assaulting the same units as the stealers. Just a thought, because when going against a ranged Unit, it really sucks getting shot up running around buildings in clumps. Plus, the shortest distance is a straight line, especially if you have lots of Units.

4) Also, consider taking the extra Initiative with the Broodlord. He rarely misses with Tendrils. When he wounds, its serious business thanks to rend and inhuman strength, and if he goes first, that is less attacks you take in the next round of CC. I like this approach to the Broodlord, but I give his retinue scytals since they infiltrate and can cause great damage early on.

5) Consider spore mines! They are very useful when played right and can take a variety of targets out if you choose Bio Acid. The downside is they score points for the other player very easily. Something to think about though, I had a lot of fun with them and completely encircling Skimmers and large Units. Or placing them behind Units so they can't retreat without taking losses. Though I might have just gotten really lucky last time I played with them.

As far as your list goes, seems fine. =) I reckon most of what you'll be doing now is tweaking Biomorphs and simply playing it to see what you like and don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Thanks for the advice, man. Though I am iffy about spore mines!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast