2000 points mostly mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 points mostly mech

Ok here it is. I was thinking I wanted to try something new. Normally i go suit heavy with minimal markerlights. So im thinking semi moble with good amount of ML's

HQ's

R'Myr w/ 2 sheild drones 190 pts

Shas'El w/MP, PR, TA, MWMT, HWTL, HWDC, 2 Marker drones, Stim Injector 177pts

Troops

FW x 12 120 pts

FW x 12 120 pts

Kroot x 10 70

Kroot x 10 70

Kroot x 10 Kroot hounds x 6 106 pts

Elites

Full team of Deathrains 159 pts

Fast Attack

Pathfinders x 4 Devilfish w/ DP, FD 143 pts

Heavy Support

Railhead w/ BC, MT, DP, FD 175 pts

Sky Ray w/ SMS, MT, FD, TA, DP 175 pts

Broadsides x 3 w/ TA's or 3 Teams of Sniper drones 240 pts

I think I have enough ML's where if I loose some I can handle it. Pathfinders scout move then there transports drop back and pick up the FW's. The 2 HQ's will jump around together within 3" of eachother for better target selections. Keep The Death jumping around in the back picking off there transports(hopefully). The broadside or sniper drones is for flexablity(better unit for certian instances). The 2 10 man kroot units infiltrate and pillbox while the other hound units outflank for some fun. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tau View Post
    HQ's

R'Myr w/ 2 shield drones 190 pts
    What is this, why is it so expensive, and what does it have other than 2 shield drones?

Shas'El w/MP, PR, TA, MWMT, HWTL, HWDC, 2 Marker drones, Stim Injector 177pts
    Normally I would say no to giving your Shas'el Marker Drones, but Rikimaru's recent list-thought-process post has me thinking otherwise. I would drop the Stim Injector though, keep your suit alive with JSJing. If all goes well, it shouldn't take any wounds in the first place.

Troops
    FW x 12 120 pts
    Good stuff!

FW x 12 120 pts
    Good stuff!

Kroot x 10 70
    Good stuff!

Kroot x 10 70
    Good stuff!

Good stuff!

Good stuff!

I think you might have too many Kroot here, they don't last very long without forest terrain and can't do a whole lot of damage without Hounds. With that in mind, I would keep the 2 Hound units, but drop the other 2 for points and terrain reasons.

Elites
    Full team of Deathrains 159 pts
    Using them in units of 1 or 2 suits is much better; 2 Squads of 2 would be ideal. The problem with squads of 3 is that they're over-killing anything they target and have a large footprint making JSJing harder to pull-off. Furthermore, with 3 suits you risk having 2 Leadership tests forced on you for casualties and losing a suit to no-regrouping below 50%. If I were you, I'd use up my Elite slots and field each one as a monat

Fast Attack

I assume you'll be using those Devil-Fishes to transport the 2 Fire-Warrior teams. If so, good stuff. However, those squads need model increases. Pathfinders are fire magnets and 4 aren't going to be around very long; I give it one turn before both squads are wiped from the board, cover notwithstanding.

Heavy Support

Railhead w/ BC, MT, DP, FD 175 pts
    Good except for the Flechettes, your Hammerhead's mobility and engagement-range should keep it from being assaulted the whole game.

Sky Ray w/ SMS, MT, FD, TA, DP 175 pts
    Forget the SMS, expensive and useless, but cool as far as Missile-Gunship fluff and aesthetic goes. Again with the Flechettes, this vehicle should not be assaulted... ever.

Broadsides x 3 w/ TA's or 3 Teams of Sniper drones 240 pts
    Broadsides over Sniper Drones, no question, especially with the in-flux of Guard players throwing down lots of high AV tanks. Sniper Drones seem great with Marker-Lights, Rail-Rifles, and Stealth. But, my experience with them has taught me that:
    A. The Marker-Light is being used up giving the Sniper Drones a BS bump so that they at least have a remote chance of making their points back.
    B. 3 Rail-Rifle shots, which are statistically missing 33.4% of the time (that's with the Marker-Light's support), don't kill very many things and I have yet to experience a squad being forced to ground from pinning.
    C. The Stealth is protecting a unit that's not really worth protecting. Sniper Drones would be awesome if: 1. They weren't a Heavy Support choice, 2. They were somewhere around 60 points a squad.

In addition, TAs on Broadsides are good, but that makes them completely static. With ASS they at least have some measure of mobility and are still sporting twin-linked Rail-Guns that can benefit from Marker-Lights for a BS increase if you want. It's not a major issue, but one worth considering
    So, that's my two cents. Overall it's a nice list, it just as some creases that need ironing out. If you drop the stuff I suggest, so: the 'el's stim-injector, both 10man Kroot squads, and the Flechettes on the Hammerhead and Skyray, you're freeing up 170 points to go to town with.
    Last edited by counterwavecounter; April 23rd, 2009 at 21:14.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I ran this list today. I rather liked how it perform. I used the sniper drone team insted of Broadsides. I fought eldar. The list he had was 2 units of scouts, 1 avitar, 1 large unit of wraithguard with warlock, 1 unit of firedragons with transport equiped with twin shriken cannon and twin shriken catipult, 2 units of dark reapers, 2 units of dire avengers. There was a weapon platform too and think that was it. I had bad rolls with some of the seekers frist turn same with the railgun. If not for that i would have one I almost tabled him. Sadly i had more kill points on the table than him and lost stupid drones on transports. Probably should have made the 4 units of kroot into 2 big units.

+ Reply to Thread