Eldar 100 pts fast list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 100 pts fast list

HQ:
    Farseer + Jetbike + forune + singing spear = 118

Troops:
    3 Guardian jetbikes + 1 cannon = 76
    3 Guardian jetbikes + 1 cannon = 76
    7 Guardian jetbikes + 2 cannons = 172
    10 guardians + shuriken cannon = 85

Fast attack:
    4 warp spiders + 1 exarch + 2 deathspinners + withdraw = 142
    4 warp spiders + 1 exarch + 2 deathspinners + withdraw = 142
    3 shining spears

Heavy support:
    1 warwalker + 2x starcannon + spirit stones = 85

grand total = 1008

tactics:
    the farseer will go with the 7 jetbikes to kill light vehicles and keep themselves alive.
    the warp spiders will jump over walls, shoot, and go back.
    the shining spears will kill most vehicles and the warwalker will kill the heavy armoured units.
    the guardians will serve as meatshield.

i'm gonna face much types of SpaceMarines (chaos SM, Blood Angels, normal SM), imperial guard and maybe some necrons.

what do you think of it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Well, first off, you are 8 points over, so make sure your opponents are okay with that. It's not a big deal usually, unless this is for a tournament setting.

There's a lot of good here, but I do see some issues.

I would put combine the two 3 bike squads into one 6 bike squad. 2-3 troops is really all you need for smaller games, and the 3 man squads are far too vulnerable. They won't survive long enough to hold objectives and they will be easy killpoints.

The other thing is the guardians and war walker. These are slow units that will force your fast units to protect them, or else get left behind. On their own, the guardian squad is well equipped, but in this list I think you would be better off dropping them for some faster units. The lone walker is an easy killpoint, and star cannons really aren't that good on them. It's too easy to get cover saves, so the Star Cannons lose a lot of their effectiveness. Scatter Lasers are a much better option. I would drop both the Guardians and the Walker in favor of faster units like a squad of Vypers, a Fire Prism, or more Jetbikes. If you want to keep the Walker, then I would suggest using them in a squad of 2 with Scatter Lasers, or 3 with Shuriken Cannons. Then outflank with them so they can more easily position themselves for a devastating hit without slowing the rest of the army down. If you want more info on the Walkers, I wrote a detailed tactica on my blog (link in sig).

I think it's a good start, but the slow units are definitely hampering its effectiveness.
    Eldar Record: 11-8-3

Battle reports, painting and more at Meandering the Dune Sea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the warwalker is meant to take out his heavy armoured marines so i cant drop him (i think) scatter lasers won't take marines out.
    those guardians are (as i wrote before) ment as a meatshield and to hold objectives. they can also take out light infantry.
    i keep the jetbikes apart because i can take them in cover very easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

I think that 4 warp spiders aren't going to be able to accomplish much in assault and warping away during the assault phase accomplishes pretty much the same effect. The points spent on withdraw would very much be better spent somewhere else. By just swapping out withdraw and the war walker you get a fire prism. If you scrap the guardians and a small squad of jet bikes you can get some dire avengers in a wave serpent, which keeps the speed going and offers a nice anti-inf threat target that's hard to take down. Shining spears are one of my favorite units, but i think that without the strength 8 exarch you'll have a harder time popping dreadnaughts than you might realize, especially if someone is a jerk and brings a monolith.

8 shots of Scatter lasers will take out about as many MEQ's as 4 shots of star cannons, way more if they are in cover. If you are afraid of termies, just use the shinning spears. But i think the better answer for heavily armored marines is a fire prism, the focused shot is strength 9 AP 2 with a template that ignores cover. Tell me you think that 4 shots of starcannon at BS 3 is going to do better than that...

The problem with jetbike squads of three is if you plan on assault moving into cover or out of line of site repeatedly you are going to eventually fail a terrain check, and then you have to take a morale check, and with morale of 8 there is a real probability that they are going to fail, and fall back 3D6, which is quite capable of taking that unit off the board especially if they don't regroup. More over, it only takes two failed saves to make it so they never come back after failing a check. And that's without the enemy shooting at em.

The idea of using guardians as a meat shield would mean that your bikes and spiders would have to be behind them, and subsequently would be giving up their biggest advantage, their speed. So while it might seem plausible to use them as objective sitters, its NOT HARD to obliterate a sqaud of guardians on one round of shooting, or assaulting, or even tank shocking em off the board.
    Last edited by FartsMcGee; April 23rd, 2009 at 19:22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont like to have only 2 troops, if one of them is down, i can't win an objective game anymore.

i'll use my warp spiders from range and since i don't want them to die, i gave them withdraw so they can escape from cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

Yeah, i said scrap only one of the jet bike squads and guardians, and replace em with another troop choice and a transport for them. That way you still have three troop choices with a little bit less vulnerability.

The warp spiders can move during their assault phase, so they should never be within assault range anyway. So withdraw there is largely wasted, plus if an assault unit did manage to get a hold on em 5 models are very unlikely to survive it anyway even with their 3+ save. So they wouldn't get a chance to use their withdraw. The main reason i think that you would put withdraw on em is so that you can assault a unit that you just shot up and keep em out of shooting availibility during the opponents turn and hopefully they took enough losses that they can't retalliate very well. The tactic works well for larger units, but with only fielding 5 you're going to run into the problem of really feeling each loss in assault. I think its a fine idea to run the separate squads, but i doubt it's possible to get your points back from withdraw. If you get assaulted withdraw isn't going to help very much cause you'll still take the charge and the associated losses. Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

If there is any cover on the board, then the Scatter Lasers will do better against the marines than Star Cannons. They work wonders.

And you can win objective games with 1 troop. Remember, if you control 1 and contest all the other ones, you win. It's one of the best tricks in the book for fast Eldar armies. Just contest all their stuff and control one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and erm... what about this?

HQ:
    farseer + spirit stones + singing spear + jetbike + guide + fortune

troops:
    8 guardian jetbikes + warlock (conceal) + 3 shuriken cannons
    6 guardian jetbikes + 2 shuriken cannons
    3 guardian jetbikes + 1 shuriken cannon

fast attack:
    4 warp spiders + exarch + 2x death spinner
    1 vyper + shuriken cannon + starcannon + spirit stones
    2 shining spears + exarch + star lance

total = 1001

(please don't hit me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x1)

Better and definitely faster.

A couple problems, though.

First, the 8 man Jetbike squad can't have 3 Cannons. You need 9 guardian jetbikes (warlocks don't count) before you can take 3 Cannons.

Secondly, the Shining Spears have to have at least 3 in their unit.

I would drop the Warlock, and then add and move the jetbikes around to have 3 squads of 6 with 2 cannons in each. Then bump the Spears up to 3 with Exarch.

Next, I would drop the Shuriken cannon and stones from the Vyper. If it is going to be moving fast with the rest of the force, then it can't fire both of them. As for the stones, the Vypers are so fragile that the extra bit of protection won't mean much.

Lastly, I would drop the Farseer down to one power, and just give him Doom. You can focus fire on the doomed unit and wipe it out. Guide and Fortune only affect one friendly unit, so they won't be as powerful, plus all the shuriken catapults are twin linked anyways. This will make him cheap and effective.

After that, you could use the points to buy another Vyper.

The list I propose is this:

Farseer, Doom, Spear, Jetbike - 113

6 Jetbikes, 2 Cannons - 152

4 Spiders, Exarch, 2x Spinners - 105
    3 Shining Spears, Exarch, Star Lance - 132
    2 Vypers, Star Cannons - 140

And that only comes to 946 points, so there would be room for bumping up the numbers of Spiders and/or the Spears. It would leave you with a very fast, mobile and deadly army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you counted the points for the spiders wrong. it is 127. but i think i won't take the exarch.

in this case, i think i gonna switch the starcannons with scatter lasers and take three jetbikes with cannon to put them in one jetbike squad.
    and because i like fortune so much i think i'll take fortune instead of doom so it would look like this

HQ:
    farseer, fortune (or maybe doom), singing spear, jetbike = 118

Troops:
    9 Guardian Jetbikes + 3x shuriken cannon = 228
    6 Guardian Jetbikes + 2x shuriken cannon = 152
    6 Guardian Jetbikes + 2x shuriken cannon = 152

Fast attack:
    5 warp spiders = 110
    2 shining spears + 1 exarch, starlance = 132
    2 vypers + scatter lasers = 120

grand total = 1007
    Last edited by mistig; April 24th, 2009 at 08:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast