1500 Crazy Swooping Hawk Cheese - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Crazy Swooping Hawk Cheese

A potential 7 Ordinance Blasts per Turn

Baharroth

Autarch (Swooping Hawk Wings)

7 Bikes 2 Cannons

6 Bikes 2 Cannons

6 Bikes 2 Cannons

Swooping Hawks w Exarch and Skyleap

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

The Hand that guides.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBurningHand View Post
    A potential 7 Ordinance Blasts per Turn

Baharroth

Autarch (Swooping Hawk Wings)

7 Bikes 2 Cannons

6 Bikes 2 Cannons

6 Bikes 2 Cannons

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Prism
    Really no critic of this list. Either it is going to be burn like Icarus and die or going to be one fun ass ride.

Swooping Hawks are really bad hope it works out for ya hehe.
    If you love kittens you will love http://bloodofkittens.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want an even better chance at getting them in sooner, you can put in 2 Autarch's. You would get a 2+ reserve roll on your second turn and every turn since the strategist ability does stack (pg1 Eldar FAQ). Bring the hawks in and blow something up, then in the same movement skyleap out. Next turn do it again on 2+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

I've never really seen swooping hawks used, but I have to say it looks like a good idea (Specially with the 2 autarchs as Ivallios said)

Let us know how it fares

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Yeah i have a friend who has been threatening to run nearly this exact build. The major problem i see is that while the hawks are leaping you run the major problem of having very few targets on the board. If it works well, it could be tough to stop, but more than likely, you're gonna suffer pretty heavy casualties on the first turn, namely the prisms, especially at the 1500 pts range cause it'll be tough to keep all of the lascannon shots off of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I have a friend that loves hawks and he has run the three squads and bahharroth for the chance of 4 grenade packs a round. Only problem is your investing 600+ points into those blasts they are forced to drift, and almost everything will get a save against them. The yo yo hawks are simply not able to get that many points back. Getting the +1 from the autarch is important, if your going for full templates keep baharroth after the first round or two you should be getting all of them in consistently. Lastly god forbid you run into a mech army, the grenades will do nothing and if you assault the transports your hawks are done for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you could do to help your odds is when you deploy (defiantly if you deploy first) Set up ALL your hawks in one area to "attack". Once the turn come immediately skyleap your swooping hawks. That way he's set up to take an attack that will never come and leaves your prisms in a better position. Though all in all it's safer to just start them in reserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the plan would be to keep the prisms at the very very very farthest point possible from the enemy, which is definitely viable as they can move 12 and shoot, also thanks for the second autarch suggestion. I really dont have the models to do this list, but my friend and I are going to run a proxy of this and see how it goes (he is marines)

The Hand that guides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know other lists with Prisms in a more diverse army talk about hiding 1-2 tanks (but ensure LOS to the Firer) and bolstering the 3rd with V-Engines/Holo Fields and any other "defensive armour" options. Whilst you would only have 1 shot, the enhanced Dispersed strength could make it interesting.

This cost could be the saving made by trading Swooping Lord down to Swooping Autarch.

I would love to see Game reports on this, as most people vote Spyders over Hawks - but will running 3 Hawk squads overcome their shortfalls?
    Lugganath Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBurningHand View Post
    Well the plan would be to keep the prisms at the very very very farthest point possible from the enemy, which is definitely viable as they can move 12 and shoot, also thanks for the second autarch suggestion. I really dont have the models to do this list, but my friend and I are going to run a proxy of this and see how it goes (he is marines)

I imagine it would work vs hordes better than it would against Marines.

If you take 2 Autarchs, your first deep strike is on 2+, subsequent reserves can be deployed at your discretion without a dice roll.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast