1500 points- all comers. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points- all comers.

I currntly have enough to field 1000 points. I want to start to expand to 1500. How does this list sound to start off.

Lord
    -Ressurection Orb
    -Veil of Darkness

Warriors
    -10 warriors
    -10 warriors
    -10 warriors
    -10 warriors

Destroyers
    -3 Destryoers
    -3 Destroyers

1 Monolith
    1 Tomb Spyder

PO at 12 (47 necron models..is this right?)

comments? Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

That actually looks pretty reasonable. Go with it.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

It looks good, but personally, i would drop 10 warriors and buy more destroyers (or some scarabs)

Also I find Veil of Darkness to be a waste without Immortals. On warriors inorderf or them to shoot on the turn they drop they have to be in assault range of the unit, which is BAD. The only thing it does is a last minute objective capture but you're still prone to not do anything because it doesn't really work if their isn't an open objective and it needs to be the last turn which is random. Drop it and buy more destroyers (or some scarabs)
    Last edited by CrownAxe; April 26th, 2009 at 19:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all, I think this should have been placed in the "necron army list" sub-forum.

On topic: I also think you could replace some warriors with destroyers or immortals. I don't think that the veil is a waste, I always think it's realy usefull to escape out of close combat, but I must admit, it would be more usefull when you have immortals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sal4m4nd3r View Post
    PO at 12 (47 necron models..is this right?)
    I'm pretty sure your phase out with the current army is 11. The rule is when it gets below 25%, and 12 is 25.5% of 47.

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by GamerRyan View Post
    I'm pretty sure your phase out with the current army is 11. The rule is when it gets below 25%, and 12 is 25.5% of 47.
    Its 12

Technically you're suppose to calculate 75% of the necron count, round, then subtract to get the Phase Out Number.

in the case of 47, 75% is 35.25 rounded to 35 then 47-35 = 12

With that in mind, if you think in terms of 25%, you'd have to round backwards to normal rounding
    Last edited by CrownAxe; April 26th, 2009 at 20:27.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

I think it's a rock-solid list. It looks nearly identical to mine, if you drop 1 Destroyer and 1 Tomb Spyder to make room for some Scarabs. I disagree with the people above, the Veil is a nice choice of item. Take care to use it mostly defensively though (escaping from combat, etc.) As mentioned, without Immortal support it's tricky to pull off an offensive teleport strategy with the Veil as Warriors can only use the full potential of their weaponry within 12" (as opposed to 24" for Immortals).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes,i realize i should have placed it in the necron army list section. I actually thought i did. sorry for the mistake.

i wanted some immortals. they are just so damned expensive ($) ! I could convert some, and maybe i should. Also, i just love warriors. especially with the monolith, i can hold some in reserve and exit the portal, and not have to worry about not having any on the board.

i appreciate the advice on the veil, but i like the option of teleportation. I played against orks in a capture and control mission the other day. he had some boyz guarding his objective. I came down a flank with 4 destroyers and veiled with 10 warriors behind his boyz. they both shot them, made them run off the board (his objective was right by the table edge). then my destroyers went and shot other orks, and my lord veiled back to my objective to give backup.

You just cant beat that kind of mobility!

I will probably proxy some immortals in games with freinds and test them out. Thanks for the advice and comments!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Tis a good list. For fun you could replace a warrior squad with 2x groups of 5 flayed ones for counter charges/charge blocking and the veil with another tomb spyder for even more support! Using these kinds of units is fun and a relief to see actually getting some love! Everyone knows destroyers rock, but give your flayed ones a purpose and they can be good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by CrownAxe View Post
    Its 12

Technically you're suppose to calculate 75% of the necron count, round, then subtract to get the Phase Out Number.

in the case of 47, 75% is 35.25 rounded to 35 then 47-35 = 12

With that in mind, if you think in terms of 25%, you'd have to round backwards to normal rounding
    Technically that's not what the Codex says. It says you calculate 75% of the necron count, ROUND FRACTIONS UP, then subtract to get the phase out number.

so...
    75% is 35.25, rounded up to 36, then 47-36 = 11.

You've been cheating yourself a Necron in your phase out count ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast