New to Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Necrons

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

19 (x1)

New to Necrons

I have an old semi completed Necron army. I have never wrote up an army list or such just brought the Codex, Battleforce MKII and a Necron Lord with Resurrection. Now after really getting back into the hobby i have decided to turn my incomplete Necron force into a tournament force. Now before i start writting up army lists and buying more models are there any choices in the codex unfovourable. So far i have been thinking running a 2000 point army like this:

Necron Lord
    36 Necron Warriors
    3 Wraiths
    6 Destroyers

Now this is off coarse just a rough strain of thought but back to my question is there anything in the army which i should stay away from?

Warriors of Chaos Khorne Army WiP

Check it out!

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Hey I'm playing a 2000 point game against elddar on the weekend and im fielding

nightbringer 40 warriors 6 destroyers 2 heavy destroyers and 2 monoliths

i believe that u should have about 10 warriors per 500 points to raise phase out

I dont have any of the elite choices or wraiths flayed ones ect because they are really expensive for wat they are here in australia but i believe that flayed ones or wraiths could really help you againts close combat such as space marines or orks and immortals are really just a tanked up warrior but i would rather have destroyers.

no elites seem to do fine for me i would like to have some but until they either come out in plastic or get cheaper they are not gonna be included in my army.

so really just a few more warriors and you should be fine.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

545 (x8)

The list looks pretty solid. Only thing I would say is that 3 Wraiths on their own are going to do very little. You should be using them in two units of 3 supported by a Lord for them to really be effective, in my opinion. In 2000 points, I'd also recommend another 4 Warriors for 4 squads of 10. Other than that, no worries.

+ Reply to Thread