1000 pt semi casual all comments welcome - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt semi casual all comments welcome

Shas’El 132
    Positional relay
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    HW Multi Tracker
    Stimulant Injector
    2x Shield Drones

2x Suits 124
    Plasma Rifle
    Missile Pod
    Multi Tracker

11x Fire Warriors 125
    Team leader
    B Knife
    10x Fire Warriors 115
    Team leader
    B Knife

11x Kroot 77
    11x Kroot 77

Hammerhead 175
    Railgun
    Burst Cannons
    Disruption Pod
    Multi Tracker
    Flechette Discharger

Hammerhead 175
    Railgun
    Burst Cannons
    Disruption Pod
    Multi Tracker
    Flechette Discharger
    Total 1000

9 Kill points
    4 Troops

The main armies I will be playing against are Eldar, Orks, Death Guard, and lots of Vanilla Marines.

Its kind of odd but few of my opponents play fast hard hitting assault squads. I plan to use Fire Warriors to soften enemy troops or be a decoy for the Eldar (no targets). The Kroot will flank Orks, to get a cross fire going. Hammerheads need no explanation, same with the suits.

Now the Positional Relay. With Orks its not as useful but in kill points with MEQs it helps protect Fire Warriors and Kroot.

Last edited by krosanreaper; April 29th, 2009 at 07:03.
    Lurker extraordinaire

The Tyranid torpedo? Its a giant facehuger cannon. It fires an army of facehugers at the other ships. It should cause fear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

HQ: Your tactic with the Positional Relay is to keep squads in reserve to keep them alive during kill-point missions, correct? If that's your tactic than why not just wait until you get the reserve roll? I would drop it. I would also drop the Shield Drones and Stimulant Injectors. Turning the 'el into a squadron makes him susceptible to Leadership. Keep him alive with JSJing. Our HQs aren't very unique, their just another Crisis suit with better BS and should be treated as such.

ELITES: Good! However, field them separately.

TROOPS: Those Fire-Warriors need Devil-Fishes.

HEAVY SUPPORT: I would drop the Flechettes on both Hammerheads. If you use your movement wisely you really should never be in positions where your Hammerheads are being assaulted.

Eldar: Without Devil-Fishes you'll be danced around like there's no tomorrow. True, no one can outmaneuver Eldar, but I would say the Tau are #2 in the game for maneuverability and we need to exploit it as much as the Eldar do in order to perform at maximum efficiency.

Orks: You might be okay against them, the Hammerhead sub-munition rounds will aid you greatly. The problem is that once the Orks hit your lines your done for and they will hit your lines. The beauty of Devil-Fishes is that you have no line to speak of and Orks can't focus their attack. Once you scrap their Trukks you're laughing all the way to victory.

Chaos/Space Marines: You might be okay, but you don't have very much AP or firepower volume.

I would drop: the Positional Relay, the Stimulant Injector, the 2 Shield Drones, 1 Fire-Warrior from that 11 man squad, 1 squad of Kroot, 1 Kroot Warrior from the remaining squad, and the Flechettes on the Hammerheads. This will give you the points to buy 2 Devil-Fishes each with a Disruption for those Fire-Warriors. The new grand total is 1001, since it's semi-casual you should be able to get away with the 1 point over
    Last edited by counterwavecounter; May 3rd, 2009 at 19:02.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I haven't played this list yet, but the times I've used trans ports in 1000 they haven't done much good. With orks he has no flanks to go around and shocking through a fearless mob gets me assaulted with some kind of damage, rarely a "lucky" weapon destroyed, the eldar I've played its nice to be able to hide in the fish (can't be jumped by Dire Avengers) but thats the only enemy its been effective with in 1000, any more points and that would be my first buy but I've had no luck lately.
    Lurker extraordinaire

The Tyranid torpedo? Its a giant facehuger cannon. It fires an army of facehugers at the other ships. It should cause fear.

+ Reply to Thread