Testing out Deldar lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Testing out Deldar lists

I was looking through the codexes, and i thought the Dark Eldar looked really good, so i got some, and am testing out new army lists to optimise and such. This is what i've come up with so far (a 1000 point army list):

HQ:

1 Dracon with agoniser, splinter pistol, plasma grenades, shadow field, combat drugs and Animus Vitae = 123

Retinue of 4 Incubi and 2 warriors with 2 splinter cannons, all with plasma grenades and mounted in a Raider with a disintegrator, night sheilds, scaling nets and slave snares = 239

Troops:

10 Warriors with 2 blasters and 2 dark lances = 110

10 Raiders with 1 splinter cannon and mounted in a Raider with scaling nets, night sheilds and horrorfex with a Syrabite with a terrorfex = 191

10 Raiders with 1 splinter cannon and mounted in a Raider with scaling nets, night sheilds and horrorfex with a Syrabite with a terrorfex =

Fast Attack:

5 Reaver Jetbikes with 2 blasters = 145

Total = 999 points

Tell me what you think, and inform me of any weaknesses in the army. It will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that You can run Your dracon without Animus Vitae in this layout. Agoniser wounds always on 4+ and You can't change it with extra Str, and You can get extra WS from drugs. I'm sure about scaling nets and slave snares on raiders (I never used them so I can't speek about their efectivnes).
    When I use sniper squad (10 warriors with 2 dark lances) I don't take blasters, they should sit back in cover and fire, and if somenoe is coming for You blasters won't help I guess (people tend to attack this unit when thay're preety done with larger threats like raiders and squads inside).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Firstly, welcome to the dark side. Here's a few suggestions for you.

HQ:

1 Dracon with agoniser, splinter pistol, plasma grenades, shadow field, combat drugs and Animus Vitae = 123

As ernesto87 says, lose the Animus.

Retinue of 4 Incubi and 2 warriors with 2 splinter cannons, all with plasma grenades and mounted in a Raider with a disintegrator, night sheilds, scaling nets and slave snares = 239

I really would lose the Warriors, Scaling Nets and Slave Snares. The Raider will die quickly as it has to get your HQ close to the enemy. Don't load it with points. I've always loved Night Shields and take them on all my boats.

Troops:

10 Warriors with 2 blasters and 2 dark lances = 110

Again ernesto87 hs it, lose the Blasters.

10 Raiders with 1 splinter cannon and mounted in a Raider with scaling nets, night sheilds and horrorfex with a Syrabite with a terrorfex = 191

10 Raiders with 1 splinter cannon and mounted in a Raider with scaling nets, night sheilds and horrorfex with a Syrabite with a terrorfex =

I really would lose the Scaling Nets on these Raiders too. Get a Blaster or Shredder for these units. If they are only going to shoot from the boat, reduce the squad size to 5-6.

Fast Attack:

5 Reaver Jetbikes with 2 blasters = 145

This squad needs a Succubus with a Tormentor Helm & Punisher. They rock!

If you reduce the Raider squads to 6s, our suggestions will save you 155 points. You could have:

). a Ravager with Night Shield and Dissies with 15 points to play with.

). a Succubus with a Tormentor Helm & Punisher + another Sniper squad with this, and 14 points to play with.

Alternatively, if you reduce the Raider squads to 5s, you will have 171 points = a Succubus with a Tormentor Helm & Punisher + a Warrior squad (12 men, 2x Splinter Cannon, 2x Blaster [126pts])

Good luck.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Thanks, i will test that list out next time i play and make modifications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Keep the Warriors in your retinue. Otherwise, any wounds will mean losing Incubi, and more than 4 wounds will mean taking the 5+ save on your Dracon. The unit should be good enough in CC to handle one or two lost Warriors. I actually run with more of them than that.

I would suggest shredders over blasters for your Raider squads. The SC + shredder combo is highly effective against medium-to-large squads of infantry, and you've already packed 7 lance weapons into 1000 points (not including the blasters on the sniper team). The blast templates will be important since you have neither Haemonculi nor Ravagers.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

78 (x2)

I really see this list having alot of issues with armor. I have found that on average, it takes around 3-4 dark lances to destroy 1 vehicle of armor 11+. So a mech list is going to give you problems. Also as others have stated lose the scaling nets, they are wasted points and can be a big liability if you get charged (bezerkers from a landraider anyone.)

I would recommend dropping the incubi all together at this level as they are too many points and to easy to shoot down. I would put those points into another raider squad. Also raider squads generally perform just as well at 5-7 strong with added blaster or shredder and honestly the sybarite with terrofex isn't worth it as against alot of armies it won't come into play.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Thanks for the hints on those lists, but i have a new one! Its is based around a large unit of Reavers, with warriors, raiders, scourges and wyches in support (1500 points this time):

HQ:

1 Dracon:
    - Punisher
    - Tormenter Helm
    - Reaver Jetbike
    - Drugs
    - Plasma Grenades
    - Animus Vitae
    - Trophy Rack
    =143

1 Haemonculus:
    - Destructor
    - Scissorhand
    - Trophy Rack
    =50
    Troops:

1 10 man Warrior Squad:
    - 2 Dark Lances
    =100

1 10 man Warrior Squad:
    - 2 Dark Lances
    =100

1 10 man Raider Squad:
    - 1 Splinter Cannon
    - 1 Shredder
    - 1 Syrabite with Terrorfex (Splinter Rifle)
    - Raider with Disintegrator, Night Sheilds and Horrorfex
    =201

1 15 man Warrior Squad:
    - 2 Splinter Cannons
    - 2 Shredders
    - Syrabite with Terrorfex (Splinter Rifle)
    =181

Elites:

1 10 man Wych squad:
    - Plasma Grenades
    - 2 Blasters
    - Wych Weapons
    - Succubus with Agoniser and Drugs
    - Raider with Disintegrator, Night Sheilds and Horrorfex
    =283

Fast Attack:

1 10 man Reaver Squad:
    - 2 Blasters
    - Succubus with Punisher, Tormentor Helm and Goblet of Spite
    =316

Heavy Support:

1 Ravager with Night Sheilds
    =125

Total = 1498

Comments would be gladly accepted, nothing good came out of no critisism.
    Last edited by Non Marine Player; September 27th, 2009 at 11:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x6)

my comments in blue

Quote Originally Posted by Non Marine Player View Post
    Thanks for the hints on those lists, but i have a new one! Its is based around a large unit of Reavers, with warriors, raiders, scourges and wyches in support (1500 points this time):

HQ:

1 Dracon:
    - Agoniser
    - Splinter Pistol
    - Tormenter Helm
    - Reaver Jetbike
    - Shadow Field
    - Drugs
    - Plasma Grenades
    =148
    Too many upgrades here. You can only have 100 pts from the armory. Also, you gain no benefit from the tormhelm, since it only works with two-handed weapons. You *can* take a punisher instead though. As for what to lose, I say lose the SF and rely on your uber-killiness to eradicate all that you touch. Using the Reaver squad as a bullet shield completes the equation.

Troops:

1 10 man Warrior Squad:
    -2 Dark Lances
    =100

1 10 man Warrior Squad:
    -2 Dark Lances
    =100
    Cheap & effective anti-tank, with the added bonus of posing targeting quandaries for the opponent. You can't go wrong here unless you play too many of these squads and not enough frontliners. Two is just about right for 1.5K.

1 10 man Raider Squad:
    -1 Splinter Cannon
    -1 Shredder
    -1 Syrabite with Terrorfex (Splinter Rifle)
    -Raider with Disintegrator, Night Sheilds and Horrorfex
    =201

1 15 man Warrior Squad:
    -2 Splinter Cannons
    -2 Shredders
    =160
    Nice. These will cut through hordes like butta'. I would pick either the hfex or the dis though, since they both target the same type of unit.

Elites:

1 10 man Wych squad:
    -Plasma Grenades
    -Haywire Grenades
    -Wych Weapons
    -Succubus with Agoniser and Drugs
    -Raider with Disintegrator, Night Sheilds and Horrorfex
    =313
    Haywires eh? They are effective, but using them puts your squad in danger, so I tend to stay away. I've actually found spreading out the HwGs among succubi & sybarites is more effective, as you will always have at least one such weapon where you need it for that last-ditch ace-in-the-sleeve. Also saves me some points that way, which is always nice.

Fast Attack:

1 10 man Reaver Squad:
    -2 Blasters
    -Succubus with Punisher, Tormentor Helm and Goblet of Spite
    =316
    There's that punisher! This is a nice unit indeed, if on the expensive side. It has a definite role in the army though, so I approve.

Heavy Support:

1 5 man Scourges Squad:
    -4 Splinter Cannons
    =160
    Sacrificed on the alter? These poor little buggers are going to get one round of fire and then die. Although more expensive, they can be useful in larger squads with a Sybarite. I typically don't DS them either, in case you were wondering.

Total = 1498

Comments would be gladly accepted, nothing good came out of no critisism.
    Your previous list had more lances than this one. I see that becoming a problem with the number of mechanized armies you're sure to meet. So consider losing a couple of shredders or disintegrators for blasters or DLs respectively.

Keep it up. The list is looking good.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Where are the ravagers?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x6)

I think it's an interesting twist that he's not to using any. Challenging, but cool.

But Oogs is right. You can fit more firepower per point with the Ravager. It can also benefit from the night shield, but that's the easy way out.

Really, I just assumed you didn't have any, NMP.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast