Simple 2,000pt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple 2,000pt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Simple 2,000pt

Dark Eldar Army: 2,000pts

-HQ-

Archon: Reaver, Hell Mask, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Plasma Grenades, Archangel of Pain [187pts] (Hangs with Reavers1)

Haemonculus: Reaver, Hell Mask, Splinter Rifle, Destructor, Scissor Hands [85pts] (Hangs with Reavers2)

-TROOPS-

Warrior Squad of 13 Warriors w/2x Splinter Cannon, 2x Blaster, Sybarite with Agoniser & Splinter Pistol [160pts]

Warrior Squad of 10 Warriors w/2x Splinter Cannon, 2x Blaster, Sybarite with Agoniser & Splinter Pistol [136pts] (To be mounted in Raider)

Warrior Squad of 10 Warriors w/2x Dark Lance [100pts]
    Warrior Squad of 10 Warriors w/2x Dark Lance [100pts]

Raider Squad of 5 Warriors w/1x Dark Lance [50pts] {Begin dismounted}
    +
    Raider: Night Shield, Dark Lance [70pts]

Raider Squad of 5 Warriors w/1x Splinter Cannon, 1x Blaster [55pts] (To be mounted in Raider)
    +
    Raider: Night Shield, Dark Lance [70pts]

-FAST-

Reaver Squad1: 6 Reavers, 2x Blaster. Succubus has Tormentor Helm and Punisher [221pts]

Reaver Squad2: 6 Reavers, 2x Blaster. Succubus has Animus Vitae, Tormentor Helm and Punisher [236pts]

-HEAVY-
    Squad of 8 Scourges: 4x Splinter Rifles, 4x Splinter Cannon. Sybarite has Xenospasm & Poisoned Blades [239pts]

Twisted Breath Ravager with 3x Disintegrator, Night Shield [140pts]
    Twisted Breath Ravager with 3x Disintegrator, Night Shield [140pts]

– 1,999pts

I’ve tried a number of different lists with 5th, including the 6x Haemonculus variant, and not really liked any; so I’m going back to basics for a few games, to see how it goes.

The Archangel of Pain is an experiment. Choose my target carefully. If it Pins, the target unit can’t shoot back or Assault me next turn. If it fails, I can still Assault the target unit. If I decide it’s a waste of point, I’ll use its cost to change the Raider Squad’s Blaster to a Shredder. Another option would be to lose the Archangel and Plasma from the Archon, and buy another Warrior for the foot-slogger unit.

The Scourges may DS, but may also be used to support one of the Reaver units. Though the Scourge Sybarite could really use an Agoniser, the unit is already expensive, and I don’t think the additional cost is worth it. In 4th, my Scourges have had mixed results, generally more good than bad. It will be interesting to see how they go in 5th. If I dislike them, its back to three Ravagers.

Comment and criticism appreciated.

Lord Ramon

Last edited by Lord Ramon; April 30th, 2009 at 10:20.

+ Reply to Thread