500 pt army for Tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

500 pt army for Tourny

The idea is to try and max out on CC boyz, using the lootas for covering fire. My initial list was all boyz, but ive dropped them back a bit to include 5 lootas.

any thoughts? Its likely to go against all comers (although ive checked a Marine list, and 500 pts only gets you 10 marines and HQ in a drop pod and a dread). My first game is likely to be against Guard:

Warboss (power-klaw & T/L shoota) 90

20 Slugga Boyz (& 1 Nob w power klaw + bosspole) 166
    20 Slugga Boyz (& 1 Nob w power klaw + bosspole) 166

4 Lootas (& 1 Mek) 75

Last edited by pangloss; April 30th, 2009 at 17:01. Reason: need to clarify Boyz

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Not bad

Not a bad start at all, but I find that having both a nob w/powerklaw and warboss in the same unit, in a 500-600 point game, is overkill. Instead, drop the nob, powerklaw, and bosspole from one of the units of boyz. Instead, use the points to give the warboss a bosspole and 'eavy armor. This should leave you 30 points, which I'd use to add 5 more boyz to the list (in either unit, or split between the two).

Otherwise everything looks fine. A unit of big gunz w/3 kannons might serve you better at this point level than the lootas, but that's completely up to you. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread