Eldar 1750 list for comp - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 1750 list for comp

OK I'll get straight to the point the comp I'm entering is quite big on comp so what I'm looking for a list that's not to cheesy but can still hold it's own against most thing.Any advice is appreciated.

10 Scorpions w Exarch w Biting Blade, Shadowstrike and stalker

10 Banshees w Exarch w Executioner
    Wave Serpent w Shuriken Cannons

10 Harlequins w Shadowseer

10 Avengers w Exarch w Bladestorm

5 Rangers

10 Guardians w Shuriken Cannon

3 Jetbikes

Vyper with Bright Lance

5 Dark Reapers w Exarch w Tempest Launcher and Crack Shot

Wraithlord w Wraith Sword and 2 flamers

Fire Prism

Total 1749

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

ok lets go through your army. my text is in red

this is good in objective based missions being fearless is vital to success

10 Scorpions w Exarch w Biting Blade, Shadowstrike and stalker

good

10 Banshees w Exarch w Executioner
    Wave Serpent w Shuriken Cannons

good i like the shurken cannons as they are cheap so your WS does not stray from its task.

10 Harlequins w Shadowseer

i could go either way on these they worked well for me in 4th ed. but ever since have been quite useless for me. if you are going too use them give them all harliquins kisses and add a troup master for LD.

10 Avengers w Exarch w Bladestorm

this is fine but i would give the exarch dual shurken cat. as it is only 5 points

5 Rangers

useless, get more gaurdians and put them around the avatar they are cheaper and more flexible.

10 Guardians w Shuriken Cannon

good

3 Jetbikes

too fragile and they dont do enough damage for their points.

Vyper with Bright Lance

also useless can be brought down by bolters and only has one heavy weapon for 75 points.

5 Dark Reapers w Exarch w Tempest Launcher and Crack Shot

these guys are great and the T.L and C.S combo is awesome.

Wraithlord w Wraith Sword and 2 flamers

this is fine but i would put a heavy weapon on him

Fire Prism

this is ok but if you have the models 3 warwalkers with shurken cannons are roughly the same points and can come in and contest an obj. or come behind a tank to shoot their weak rear armour. (being scouts)

Total 1749

all together though a great list and should do great in a comp. if you need any more help with your list i will be more than happy to help.

hope my advice helps and good luck!!!!!!

Last edited by nigelboyette; May 5th, 2009 at 06:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Got to admit, your list is pretty random. I don't think that "taking 1 of everything" is a good strategy for eldar, and I don't think that taking doubles of things for the sake of strategy should compromise your comp score. (imo)

It's kind of on the verge of a biel tan themed army, which is cool. I agree with the other dude you need to drop that vyper with the bright lance. Give a lance to the wraithlord, it'll be fulfilling the same role, cheaper and more survivable. get rid of those jetbikes, and maybe the ranger to get another DA squad with exarch, dual cat, and bladestorm.

march those harlies with the avatar and lord up the middle, great combinations and you need that lord near that seer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot nigelboyette that was very handy and exactly the type of advice I as looking for
    Here's what I've decided to do

I'm going to go out and buy a second squad of guardians to replace the rangers

My jetbikes are a last minute objective grabbing squad, so they don't need to dish out firepower and because they will only come out in turn 5 they don't actually need to be that survivable, and with this army hopefully everything dangerous will be dead or in combat by that time. So I've decided to keep them as is.

I always told that my Vyper will be shot down and is to weak but In my experience it tends to be thought of as weak and my opponent doesn't ever bother with it, so I've come to really like it, but if I do decide to drop it the points will go to the harlequins for rending, and upgrading my guardian squads to have EML's

The reason that the wraithlord doesn't have any guns is because he uses run to stay with the harlequins.

CloudArchitect your spot on with the avatar, lord and harlies going together this works amazingly well and can deal with almost anything in front of them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

well the jetbike idea for a last minute obj. grabbing sqaud is good however it is required that you roll for them every turn. you have to roll to see if they come in every turn and most likely they will not come in on turn 5. also you cant move the turn you come out of reserves. also in obj. based missions try to stick the avatar with the gaurdians on an objective ive found it works really well because it makes them fearless and also i find that the avatar can deal with any tanks or walkers they send over while your gaurdians can deal with the infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i would definetly drop the jet bikes, unless your certain to play objective based missions their an easy kill point, and if you don't have last turn in an objective based mission, their going to get shot down, so i would leave them out, and with those spare points i would get a warlock with conceal and upgrade rangers to pathfinders, thats my opinion (:

Tj
    Death to the Alien!
    who likes cockroaches anyway.
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

+ Reply to Thread