1750 Vs. Tau List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Vs. Tau List.

Hello hello! Here is my list and my friend's list. Please feel free to comment. I am also trying to use what I have instead of proxying a lot of stuff. Also I will be converting my Wraithlord but that won't be for a while!

Farseer, Singing Spear, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Eldar Jetbike, Fortune, Mind War

x5 Warlock, Eldar Jetbikes, Destructor
    (55X5)+9=284
    9 Jetbikes, 3 cannons, Warlock, Destructor

10 Wraithguard (as a troop choice), Warlock, Conceal

Wraithlord, Bright Lance, EML

Falcon, Holo, Bright Lance, Spirit Stones

Fire Prism, Holo, Spirit

Farseer, Guide, Doom, Spirit Stones

Total: 1750

Ok so I am playing my friend soon. He plays Tau. Here is his army list:

Commander Farsight* Hard-Wired Target Lock, Shield Generator, bonding knife, plasma rifle, dawn blade.****************************************************************** 170
    Bodyguard x4
    Flamer, burst cannon, missile pod
    Fusion Blaster, flamer, shield generator
    x2 Twin-linked plasma rifle, targeting array 250
    12 Fire warriors, shas置i, markerlight, bonding knife 140

Devilfish , seeker missile,bonding knife*************** 100
    Devilfish, seeker missile, bonding knife 100
    Hammerhead, burst cannon, railgun, seeker missile, bonding knife 150
    Hammerhead, burst cannon, railgun, seeker missile, bonding knife 150
    Broadside Team 3 men, plasma rifles-twin-linked, drone controller***bonding knife** 240
    Piranha Fusion Blaster ***********130
    Piranha Fusion Blaster ***********130
    Total:1710

My main plan against him is to send my Wraithlord and Falcon after his farsight and friends/ broadside team. Which would be higher target priority? I would get my Seer Council to be a distraction while I go after his Fire Warrior Teams with my Bikes and Fire Prism. The ap4 shot from the fire prism dispersed is nice. The piranhas should not be a big problem. His devilfishes will be a minor distraction...... I知 just worried about my tanks with all those railguns! Luckily for me he rolls pretty low when railgun shooting. Epic Whiffs for him. Tell me what ya think- Oh and btw my Wraithguard will be a slow moving hammer with which If I get close enough I will punch him in the face with!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Interesting. But dude he has 0 CC in his army, my goal would be to like zip those bikes their maximum distance and get that 3+ invul and then just assault the crap out of him with that seer council, even your bike squads.

You're trying to beat him in a fire fight, which I just don't think is a strong plan. And that wraithguard unit...if there is one army that has the real capability to take that thing out before it gets too close,it's tau...actually it's guard but then tau. Idk man..lord is always a good choice but slow, wraithguard may just be too slow and too expensive. Think about how much an infiltrated scorpion squad would mess with his head or game plan. Or deep striking hawks/spiders would screw him up. tau battle plans are easy to mess up with enough super fast engine zooms or outflanking/deep striking units.

def keep the council on the bikes, you should try to be really really fast and just ram into his squads, broadsides especially then firewarriors. hawks intercept+haywire grenades will mess up those tanks

good plan with those holofields and ss though, if you're going to take tanks against tau they need those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Holey Moley, that fool has packed a bunch of seeker lights in there. Infiltrate some scorpions instead of the wraithguard. I think that the fire prism may draw too much fire from the hammer heads, especially if they throw some of those rediculous seeker missles at em. If you run a pair of wraithlords, thats 6 wounds, even though they are slow, they can soak up a couple rounds of rail gun each turn.

I wouldn't necesarily use the seer council to distract, but rather hunt and destroy his tanks and whatever inf disembarks, i would use the wraitlord and falcon to distract, if you run two wraithlords, he'll have a hard time deciding which to shoot, cause if either of those three make it in, he'll be in serious trouble. Wraithswords are particularly useful when batting at skimmers. I would put something in the Falcon though, like fire dragons. They are sick, and since you're playing another skimmer based army, crack shot and the fire pike will go a long ways in keeping em from running away from you. Waveserpent'd DA's would make for an ideal second troop choice, and maybe another squad of bikes. (Taking out the warlock'd wraith guard does a lot to free up points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I would guess. I would probably take out the wraithguard unit, and try to stick a deep striking Spiders in there to get a shot at his tank's rear armor. I might take out the Fire Prism if anything- I am not sure what to put up against his Fire Warrior squads. One plan I had had was to try to take out his fire warrior squads with my ap4 dispersed prism shot. Also Destructor could be good to wipe out his squads with the ap4 destructor. If I was to get that deep striking spider squad, that would mess him up until I can get my council up there and destroy those tanks. But then again my Council would be good enough for taking out his tanks....... What should I get to take out his suits? I am going to use the wraithlord and Fire Prism to take out his suits because of those ap2 shots, and fortuned with the Farseer. I hope to instant death Farsight, if I can. Hopefully. So assuming I take out my wraithguard, and maybe my Fire Prism, what should I put in? maybe reduce my jetbikes to a 6 man squad and make 2 of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a different list that I have come up with.
    Farseer, Singing Spear, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Eldar Jetbike, Fortune, Mind War

x5 Warlock, Eldar Jetbikes, Destructor
    (55X5)+9=284

6 Jetbikes, 2 cannons

3 Jetbikes, 1 cannon, warlock, spear

3 Jetbikes, 1 cannon, warlock, spear

10 Howling Banshees
    -Waveserpent, Star Engines, Spirit Stones, Shuricannons twin-linked

5 Spiders, exarch, surprise assault, dual spinnersb

Falcon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones, Bright Lance

Wraithlord, Wraithsword

Farseer, Fortune

Wraithlord, Wraithsword