1000 points footsloggers (friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

32 (x1)

1000 points footsloggers (friendly)

After playing dark eldar for a while I've decided to go a little less elite force of sheer, bloody minded violence and a little more screaming horde of sheer, bloody minded violence. Here's my first attempt at an ork army. Comments are welcome and encouraged.

Warboss: P.Klaw, Shoota, Attack Squig, Bosspole, 'Eavy Armour

5 Nobz: Painboy, Big Choppas, Sluggas, 'Eavy Armour, Waaagh Banner!

20 Slugga Boyz: Rokkit Launcha, Nob w/ P.Klaw, "Eavy Armour

20 Slugga Boyz: Rokkit Launcha, Nob w/ P.Klaw, "Eavy Armour

10 Grots + Runtheard

10 Grots + Runtheard

10 Stormboyz: Nob w/ P.Klaw, 'Eavy Armour

5 Warbikers

Total: 1000 points exactly.

My plan is to stick the Boss with the Nobz and have him and the 2 mobs of boyz charge across the board slaughtering everything in their path. Depending on the mission, the grots will either hang back behind the boyz and hold objectives or run ahead of the boyz as a firescreen. The Stormboyz and Bikers are deployed on each flank to apply pressure and backup where needed.

I understand I'm lacking a little in the AT department, but I figure there's enough P.Klaws in the list to deal with the amount of vehicles I'm likely to come across in 1000 point games.

Again, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, seeing as I'm new to the whole Orky game.

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Welcome to the Orks! Have you checked out this post yet:

If not, then I'd definitely check it out. It's a good basic guide that a few people, including myself, put together as a basic guide for the Orks.

As for the list, overall it looks good, but there are some changes I'd consider:

1. The warboss could really use cybork. He's a little too easy to single out and kill if he doesn't have it. Also, never give bosspoles to characters, always give them to the unit you're attaching him too. That way you won't lose the bosspole if he's killed before the unit is.

2. Nobz never last long on foot, regardless of how you equip them. If you're not going to give them a transport, cybork (I'd use this rather than big choppas), and at least 1 powerklaw, then you're better off using the models as kommandos or normal boyz instead.

3. If you're not going to use the Nobz, then a KFF would be better than a warboss. Or...

4. Instead of nob boyz, how about Nob bikers? I'd consider using the warbikers as nob bikers, set up this way: 5-7 nob bikers w/2 powerklaws, painboy, cybork, waaaaugh banner, bosspole, and 1-2 combi-scorchas.

5. If you'd rather use them as regular warbikers, then you should definitely make one of them a nob with a powerklaw (you can just convert the powerklaws out of spare parts) and bosspole, or else they won't very effective.

6. The unit of stormboyz is a little small. I'd never use less than 13, and 15-20 is honestly better. If you need models, then just glue rokkit-like bits to the backs of normal boyz. That's what I did.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread