First Ork list, 750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Ork list, 750

Just got the AoBR set, along with some other stuff, made a list, what do you all think for a first try?

HQ
    Warboss
    -Power Klaw
    -Boss Pole
    -'eavy Armour
    100points

Troops
    12x Ork Boyz
    -Big Shoota
    -'Ard Boyz Nobz
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk
    156 Points

12x Ork Boyz
    -Big Shoota
    -'Ard Boyz Nobz
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk
    156 Points

Elites
    5x Nobz
    -Power Kalw x2
    -Big choppa x3
    -'eavy Armour
    -Boss Pole
    195 points

Fast Attack
    3x Deffkoptas -
    Twin Linked rokkit launcha
    135 points

742 points

I think it looks like it might work, but I have yet to play test it yet. Still got 8 points left over too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the waaagh!

Couple of things. Take a look at the sticky thread called "Ork Index 2008", it will answer a lot of your questions.

But on to the army list.

Warboss - he doesn't need a bosspole, everyone else already has one.

Nobs - with a warboss, these guys become a troop choice. I'm not a big fan of big choppas either, save the points. Give this group a painboy and cyborg. Also, these poor lads need a ride!

Boyz - why 'ard boyz? Go for more boyz and cheaper. Also, the trukks need a ram so that them can go anywhere. With the points you save on the 'ard boyz you might be able to get some grots or another trukk for the nobz.

Overall, it is a good solid list for 750 and will be a good solid starting point as you build your speed freaks.

Good luck...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot, I changed a few things. And came up with this slightly altered list.

HQ
    Warboss
    -Power Klaw
    -'eavy Armour
    95points

Troops
    12x Ork Boyz
    -Big Shoota
    -Nobz
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk w/ Ram
    157 Points

12x Ork Boyz
    -Big Shoota
    -Nobz
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk/ w Ram
    157 Points

Elites
    5x Nobz -
    -Painboy
    -Grot Orderly
    -Power Klaw x2
    -'eavy Armour
    -Cybork Bodies
    -Boss Pole
    240 points

Fast Attack
    3x Deffkoptas
    105 points

754 points

The reason I used 'ard boyz was because they are only 4 points more and they get a better save, but if I don't need them I guess I'll save the 8 point total.

No room for a transport for the Nobs, gonna have to figure that one out, since it does seem like a problem. =[

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good. Remember, the nobs can be counted as troops and claim an objective.

The only thing to think about is that your best krumping unit is the warboss and his group of nobs and they are all foot sloggin. You could use them to claim an objective in your deployment zone. But then you would be totally wasting their potential and all their HTH upgrades.

As for the 4 points that you are over, you could always drop one of the boyz in a trukk mob to make room for the warboss. But, if you do that you would want to change them all to sluggas and drop the big shoota.

Here is another thing to think about. The common belief is that deffkoptas are good in units of 5 or 1, nothing else. The thought is centered around their poor leadership. If the group is 2, 3, or 4 strong and it takes a casualty, they are probably going to run. That is a lot of points to have run off the table. So, here are your options, either split them up into three units of one, or drop two to them and have one group of one and use the rest of the points to get another trukk for the nobz.

Just my thoughts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, you bring up a good point about the Deffkoptas. I didn't think of it that way, although I have heard of the 1 or 5 rule. And yeah I was going to change the nobz to troops just lost my train of thought.

So with that being said, I think I have come up with a final list incorporating all your very wise points.

HQ
    Warboss
    -Power Klaw
    -'eavy Armour
    95points

Troops
    12x Ork Boyz
    -Big Shoota
    -Nobz
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk w/ Ram
    157 Points

12x Ork Boyz
    -Big Shoota
    -Nobz
    -Power Klaw
    -Bosspole
    -Trukk w/ Ram
    157 Points

5x Nobz -
    -Painboy
    -Grot Orderly
    -Power Klaw x2
    -'eavy Armour
    -Cybork Bodies
    -Boss Pole
    -Trukk w/ Ram
    280 points

Fast Attack
    1x Deffkoptas
    35points

1x Deffkoptas
    35points

759 points

I know I am 9 points over, but people around here usually go over about 5 anyways. Its just friendly stuff. And if needed I'll just drop the big shootas for 10 points. But after rethinking this list, I really like what you have helped me come up with. This seems like quite the fun army now. Thanks a lot man, I'm excited to play =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a great army at 750 point level. You will be in your opponents face before he knows what happened.

As you play this army and start to expand to 1000 points, look for more boyz and think about a big mek with a KFF. The 4+ cover save for vehicles that it gives is great.

Best of luck...

In your fridge (your taste in food is tasty!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ur warboss is only 90 pts and ur boyz trukk squads are 151 pts each. also i think ur nobz squad is only 270 pts as well so ur not over anway lol
    There is no "I" in "team", there is an "I" in "pie" however, as in "Meat Pie" with "Meat" being an anogram of "Team".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, your right, the Warboss is only 90, the Boyz are 152, but the Nobz are right. That leaves me at 744 with this adjustment. I'll just throw a kombi skorcha on the warboss to bring it up to 749 =]. Or maybe Stikkbombz on the nobz. Thanks for pointing it out though.

+ Reply to Thread