Anti-new IG list 2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Anti-new IG list 2000

This is my list to deal with the new Imperial Guards.

HQ
    Hive Tyrant - ES, 2x TLD, EC, TS, Psychic Scream, 3x Tyrant Guards - 281
    Hive Tyrant - ES, 2x TLD, EC, TS, Psychic Scream, 3x Tyrant Guards - 281

ELITES
    2x Lictor - 160
    Carnifex - ES, 2x TLD
    Carnifex - ES, 2x TLD

TROOPS
    14x Termagaunts - Fleshborer, WON - 126
    14x Termagaunts - Fleshborer, WON - 126
    10x Genestealers - FT, Scuttlers - 200

TOTAL - 2000

The termagaunts will give the Tyrant+guards retinue. The carnifexes are troop killers, but they will also draw a lot of fire. And the genestealers will outflank.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

you don't have enough Anti Tank to really deal with alot of the new Guard builds.

Your Outflanking anti tank can be nullified by:
    • The IG player deploying his tanks centrally
    • The IG play blocking the table edge with models
    • A Master of the Fleet advisor will ruin you (he's the same cost as 1.5 of your genestealers and makes you subtract 1 from reserve rolls and reroll rolls for table side with outflanking)

If you scout instead of outflank you're still doomed. All the IG player has to do is concentrate all fire (on the super star destroyer!) on the genestealers and you'll be left with nothing to take out tanks with.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; May 10th, 2009 at 05:06.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

It's really hard to couner the new IG's. Whether they go tank heavy or infantry heavy, they have a lot of firepower to deal with either swarms (blasts and temps) or nidzilla (blasts and heavy weapons). But I still feel outflanking has the best chance because:

1) Usually Guards have so many models that the moment I outflank, I'm almost guaranteed to be able to assault something.

2) They can take the Officer of the Fleet to make life hard for my reserves, which is why I got 2 Lictors for reserves re-rolls.

3) Most Ordinance batteries like the Basilisk have minimum ranges and will most likely be placed in edge corners to allow for the most firing distance. If I am able to outflank on the right side, I would be able to hit those immediately.

4) I doubt the IG player will be able to block off 96" of table edges. Most of the Infantry will be carrying heavy weapons and won't be moving much.

5) Even if his tanks are deployed centrally and surrounded by Infantry. That's still ok. I hit infantry and if I wipe them out, consolidate as close as I can to the next batch. If he fires his tanks on me, he risks scattering and wiping out his own men because I will be real close to them.

6) Most of his tanks will be stationary in order to fire all their weapons. That means if I'm able to reach them, I automatically hit. In this case, a unit of 10 genies will average 5 penetrating hits on the charge vs rear armor 10.

Now if he goes Infantry heavy, I'm in trouble as my genies will be out in the open after an assault. But that's why it's so hard to strategize against the new Guards unless you know what your opponent normally packs in his army.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

i had a game against them the other day, and found that when you disable the comanders that issue the orders, they start to stuggle. to that end, id take 3 zoans with psy scream and warp blast. get them up to the units and watch as the orders fall apart. then id say your ok.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    i had a game against them the other day, and found that when you disable the comanders that issue the orders, they start to stuggle. to that end, id take 3 zoans with psy scream and warp blast. get them up to the units and watch as the orders fall apart. then id say your ok.
    Ironically, that's the same strategy that works on our 'nids. Kill our synapse creatures, and we start to struggle. Lol.

But that's easier said than done. If I were playing IG, I would protect my command squads by either putting them in vehicles or by surrounding them with men. If they're not in vehicles, I would also put them in area terrain for cover. They can take camo cloaks for 3+ cover saves. They can also go to ground for 2+ cover and get right back up the very next turn with their orders and shoot/assault as normal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Ok so lets say the comand squad is in a vehicle and cant be hit. theres still going to platoon comanders to shot. also if they do go to ground, then they have to waste an order, not sure if they can use the get up one or not, just to use a more limiting set of orders. if i was the iG player, id leave the platoon comand squad to iself and use the orders elsewhere. Then thats 1 less order issued, reapeat till done Also its worth remembering that the orders are taken on the squads leadership not the officers, so if you can get the choir in range, you can effectivly shut down the army. That is until they unleash all maner of AP2 and you die. but for the moment, it works.

On a side note, fear the lascannon teams, give them the bring it down order and they start felling the big bugs like nobodys buisness.
    Last edited by Heirodule; May 10th, 2009 at 21:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

They can also go to ground for 2+ cover and get right back up the very next turn with their orders and shoot/assault as normal.
    The only way they're getting up is if a Company command is within 12" as you can't issue orders when GTG. If they're really burning orders to get units back up then they aren't using "bring it down" on your MCs or "on my target" to deny cover, so it's a win-win.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread