1000pt tournament eldar list (first eldar list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt tournament eldar list (first eldar list)

farseer /w fortune + singing spear + jetbike + R. witnessing + R. warding
    7x warlocks /w 5x destructor + embolden + enhance + jetbikes + 1x singing spear

5x firedragons (go in falcon)

3x guardian jetbikes /w shuriken cannon + warlock /w destructor + singing spear + jetbike
    3x guardian jetbikes /w shuriken cannon + warlock /w destructor + singing spear + jetbike

falcon /w eldar missile launcher + holo fields + spirit stones
    999pts

IMO this list is beast. The idea is the two units of guardian jetbikes which are troops choices can take out medium to light tanks, skimmers, have toughness 4 with 3+ saves or even 3+ ward saves if they boost. Can move in the last few turns to capture one of the two objectives (which is how you win the game nowadays I hear) can pop shots like a crisis suit. (move in assault to get back in cover) and melt horde units with a pair of heavy flamers (destructor) twin linked shuriken catapults and two shuriken cannons. Seems like a nasty pair of troop choices to me.

The falcon is able to melt heavy armor with the pulse laser, eml and can fire all weapons if uses frag on the move. Transports the fire dragons who can pop the very few AV13+ tanks at this level. And they are the most cost efficient way of killing terminators, nob bikers, feel no pain T5 plague marines and carnifex etc.

And the farseers unit can pop tanks with a pair of spears, lay down 5 heavy flamer templates not to mention the shuriken fire for horde armies. But can also assault with 21 attacks hitting even space marines on 3+, striking first, wounding on 2+. Not even a full unit of termi's would do well against shooting then combat from these guys. Not to mention the whole unit is Toughness 4 with 3+ armor and 4+ ward save all of which re-roll able. >< Also I wanted a farseer because of double lash armies

The idea is out of the two objectives I slaughter everything near one objective and then just leave any one of these units near the other to contest it. (even the tank can contest I think) And in the last type of mission is calculated by how many units are destroyed by each army no matter how much they cost. And this is one of the most resilient armies I can think of with there 3+ invun saves.

I originally had scorpions in a wave serpent but dropped them for seer council as I feel there much harder to kill, more mobile and can still do more damage with shooting then combat.

I'd like to hear any comments you may have on this list to change it or tweak it.
    I'd like to hear any tips or pieces of advice you could give me on playing this list as it is my first one. Also any advice on how to use the units in here, but more importantly anything I should watch out for or be careful of lol!
    Also do you think since the falcon is the only tank in the list and so will be focused more that I should swap it for a wave serpent with eml (loose the pulse laser) but use the points saved to beef something else up? And if so what would I beef up? More fire dragons and an exarch with flamer thing?

I'm not sure of what other combo's I should look out for in enemy armies. <3 to hear back from you guys

Last edited by eckyl; May 16th, 2009 at 02:12.
    "It's important to remember at all times that anyone who's done more than you has no life... Also, anyone who's done less than you is a noob."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

The biggest problem I have with the list is that it only has 8 models that are troops, a single round of shooting could see you unable to control any objectives. The falcon will probably see alot of shots head its way bit with holofields it can actually be fairly tough. Don't plan on it getting to shoot alot but it generally will live long enough to drop off the dragons. I'm also not a big fan of the spears on the council but thats personal taste.

To help with objective missions I would recommend keeping one or both of the bike squads in reserve, so that the enemy has the council up in their faces and might not shoot at them when they come on and head for the objectives.

Or drop a couple of warlocks to up the number of bikes in the troops but this risks making the council to weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean about the low troop numbers. I had in mind just using them like crisis suits and being overly protective of them, not taking any chances. And even though thats usually a bad way to go they can still be very effective for what they are. Providing light support that is fast, hard to catch and can take objectives once most of the threats have been handled. And I agree with the spears on seer councils it seems a shame because they could always use more attacks ^^ but I feel it spreads out my options for killing tanks a little more without sacrificing too much for it.

I'm giving serious thought to dropping the falcon for a wave serpent with EML. I get the feeling it will be more survivable and I could use the points saved to add more fire-dragon models. Any advice on how too gear up the wave serpent? Spirit stones and star engines maybe?

could swap the falcon for

wave serpent /w EML + spirit stones

8x firedragons

and i think have 3 points left over. Anyone think this is a good idea? From peoples experience if there is only a single tank for you enemy to focus there anti-armor guns on would a wave serpent survive longer?
    "It's important to remember at all times that anyone who's done more than you has no life... Also, anyone who's done less than you is a noob."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by eckyl View Post
    farseer /w fortune + singing spear + jetbike + R. witnessing + R. warding
    7x warlocks /w 5x destructor + embolden + enhance + jetbikes + 1x singing spear
    You have about 500 points in a single unit. In a 1000 point list, that's either going to work very well or be horrorific. I vote for the second option. Seven warlocks are overkill, as seven heavy flamer templates will kill anything you are going to find in 1000 points. I'd go with only four or five warlocks (if you're going to use them, I wouldn't run something like this until at least 1500 points).

5x firedragons (go in falcon)
    A little overkill on the anti-tank firepower. You anti-tank firepower liberally scattered throughout the list. Any units of terminators or nob bikers you meet could be held up late in game for possibly several turns by your seer council.

Give them embolden instead. If they take fire, you want to make sure they don't run off the board. I'd also give them singing spears instead and use them as anti-tank, or buff them up to six men each with no warlock.

falcon /w eldar missile launcher + holo fields + spirit stones
    999pts
    One tank is always a target. A wave serpent isn't going to survive any longer than a falcon. I would reccommend a pair of bare bones fire prisms, if you can swing the points. It's possible if you drop the fire dragons and the two warlocks from your HQ (I think, you might want to double check that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Dropping some warlocks and dragons for 2 prisms seems like the best option. Prisms are no joke even bone stock. If you utilize their range then your golden. Otherwise I love the list. Seer council seems like an outstanding unit. Also the addition of Doom could put this list over the top. In theory you could just turbo boost all around the board the entire game and eliminate all the troops on a objective in the last 2 turns for the win. But sportsmanship might haunt you if thats how you play it

+ Reply to Thread