1000pt Ork Mekanik Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Ork Mekanik Army

Well I'm New to the Green tide and here is my first attempt at a Ork list!

HQ
    Big Mek
    Shock attack Gun

95pt

Elites
    Biker Nobs x7
    4 Power Klaws
    Boss pole
    1 painboy

400pt

Troops

Truck Mob
    Red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Truck Mob
    Red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Truck Mob
    Red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Truck Mob
    red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Gretchin x10
    Runtherder
    40pt

total 1003

11 kp

I have cleared the 3 point I am over with the Locals I play with and they are Okay with it.

The main Game plan is for the Big Mek to Shack up with the Grots And just Shock anything he can get his sites on, While sitting on a Objective if necessary. And well the rest of the Army list kinda speaks for it's self. Truck Mobs and Bikers work in Conjunction to crack the 'ard stuff.

So please, Tear this list apart and lets see how I can improve it! I have a Game tomorrow at 3pm so any help is greatly apreciated!

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 Nobz seem a bit overkill especially with 4 klaws for 1000 points. I run 3 with painboy, PK and painboy along with a Warboss and they very rarely die (curse you dangerous terrain) With the points you spare you can get some lootas or a warboss on bike so you can split up and take out different armors and the nobz can score. This allows you to attack 3 different targets with reasonable success and add another scoring unit. I love the 40 points of extra wounds on the SAG. When my opponents find that there are grots in the way of the big mek they usually just leave him alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know the 7 are a bit over-kill I'm running of what I have available, I might be able to scrape together some Lootas tonight if I'm lucky. I think I will drop them down to a squad of 3 and see how that goes for this game. Maybe Grab a Warboss to throw in what em and see what they can kill!

HQ
    Big Mek
    Shock attack Gun

95pt

Warboss
    Bike
    PK

Elites
    Biker Nobs x3
    1 Power Klaws
    Boss pole
    1 painboy

Troops

Truck Mob
    Red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Truck Mob
    Red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Truck Mob
    Red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Truck Mob
    red paint job
    12 boys
    Nob with PK, Boss pole

117pt

Gretchin x10
    Runtherder
    40pt

Gretchin x10
    Runtherder
    40pt

total 998

New list
    Last edited by Radeonis; May 17th, 2009 at 09:11.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

3 Biker Nobz aren't quite enough. I'd never run any less than 6 biker nobz (or 5 with a warboss attached). My standard unit of nob bikers is 6-7 with 2-3 powerklaws, painboy, cybork bodies, waaaaugh banner, and bosspole for 400-475 points.

If you're only going to use 3 bikers, then you're better off just using regular warbikers with a nob, powerklaw and bosspole for an affordable 115 points, half the points of the nob biker version. 5 warbikers would be better for 165, but it's up to you.

I prefer your original list, but I would cut out one nob and one powerklaw from the nob bikers, and use the points to give them all cybork bodies, a waaaaaugh banner, and rams to all the trukks. Rams are a lot more important than red paint, because it allows them to go through terrain with virtually no chance of becoming immobilized.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread