1500 all-around list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 all-around list

ok, so I'm new(er) to necrons but this is what I came up with:

HQ:
    The Nightbringer

Troops:
    15 Warriors
    15 Warriors

Fast Attack:
    3 Destroyers
    3 Destroyers

Heavy Support:
    Heavy Destroyer
    Monolith

1500 points even

Would this be a good list for a tourny/campaign? I plan to use it mainly for fun.
    Thanks
    -Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Welcome to the Tomb Devertor!

I find three major drawbacks to your list.

#1, do not use a Monolith, and a C'tan in the same list at 1.5k

#2 more warrior squads over larger warrior squads, (3x10, not 2x15)

#3 Never have just ONE of any necron unit (except lord) get more heavy destroyers or don't use them at all.

Decide whether you want the NB or the Mono, but don't take both, then use the points to grab units that will give you more flexibility. A Necron lord with res-orb and some tombspyders make a great replacement for the Nightbringer.

Personally I'd take the Monolith, it's pretty much as survivable, and grants you some very useful movement ability, along with WBB re-rolls, whereas the NB can be replaced by TS and HD in it's effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feedback, here's what I got now

HQ:
    Lord
    -res orb
    -Veil of darkness

Troops:
    15 Warriors (will go with lord)
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors

Fast Attack:
    5 Scarabs
    3 Destroyers
    3 Destroyers

Heavy Support:
    Heavy Destroyer (I only own 1, I will put more in my list as I get them, I definitely agree I should have more than 1)
    Monolith

FYI, I'm working with a Phalanx, destroyer lord, and heavy destroyer - I just started a few weeks ago

I have 15 necrons in a squad because I had extra points after taking out C'Tan, but I got that you should only run 10 (why is that?)
    Last edited by Devertor; May 21st, 2009 at 19:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

There are several reasons to only run 10 in 5ed, the first and foremost is sweeping advance. It is possible for a necron squad to get charged by 3-4 assault models (or one lone character) loose combat and have the ENTIRE squad get ripped off the board, WBB doesn't save us from this, it makes phasing the necrons out way to easy and is generally something that drives me up the wall. By fielding SMALL squads (relatively speaking of course) you only ever lose 10 necrons at a time, therefore preserving your force.

Oooh VoD, my favorite piece of wargear. And at the same time the one responsible for more of my losses than anything else (except maybe my erratic playstyle). Be careful with it, just starting out I'd actually advise AGAINST using it, as it steals res orb coverage from your phalanx, which is the greatest asset you have.

Instead of 5 warriors consider 5 flayed ones to go with the lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should I get more destroyers or flayed ones next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ermmm, flayed one's are decent, but nothing to write home about in my experiences. Using flayed ones with a lord who is veiling around the battlefield might not be the best idea either, you cannot assault the turn you deepstrike. So, sorry to contradict you, but the flayed one's would only be able to spread out after the deepstrike through use of run, flayed ones are also able to deepstrike on their own already. Perhaps this is what you meant? use the lord as a footlord who stays with the warriors and get flayed ones for your deepstrikers?

my personal preference of deepsriking units which I used to great effect the other day in a 1k point game is immortals. I first tried a squad of 15 warriors but then you only have a 12" shooting range after the DS as it counts as movement, immortals are tougher stronger and have better range, but also more expensive. But a squad of ten immortals and a lord deepstriking near the enemy is a very tough unit to shake around, their T5 also avoids the necessity of a res orb, but it's still useful. Looking good though, you might like to try scarabs. They are probably my favourite necron unit next to a tooled up destroyer lord with warscythe and accompanying wraithwing. A group of 7-10 with the gauss upgrade thign for their claws is an invaluable tank hunting unit. Great movement speed for that 2+ cover save crossing the board, loads of attacks, they strip tanks down to nothing in a turn or two and can tie up dangerous shooting units, try to avoid Str 6 things or termys cause they pop a base a hit. Long winded....

*EDIT* woops, just noticed you had some scarabs in there, might want to bulk up the squad still depending on what you want them to to, tankh hunt or simply tie up
    Last edited by ram1991; May 23rd, 2009 at 01:31. Reason: noticed something in previous post

+ Reply to Thread