1750 Fun list! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 Fun list!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Fun list!

Big Mek Blitzbitz scanned the horizon with his kustum "see wotz", assessing the rival ork's possition. Da git had made a right fancy show of hiding his boyz in holes and behind walls. It seemed like he was set on being as much like a scardy 'umie as possible! The worse thing was that as un-orky the wall of hidden shootas was, Blitzbitz knew that it would be suicide to simply throw his boyz in the middle of all that dakka. He'd need trukks, grenades, and...something "speshul".

He heard a WHOOSH! followed by a squeal and turned swiftly, suppressing a chuckle as one of his boyz set a few dozen grotz up in flames for "not movin' fast enough".

"Hey, you der, knock dat off, we need dem fer holdin' da jec-tives!"

"Bah! Jec-tives is right an' proppa boring," the boy muttered back.

Blitzbitz couldn't agree more, but for whatever reason, objectives had been deemed necessary for the all important "winnin". Then, as he watched the last grot's twitching subside, he knew what he had to do to get those boyz out of their holes.

"Right then ladz, fire up dem burnas, do'z udder boyz think dey know better'n us, but we'z gonna teach em wotz da burny dance! Hur hur hur!"

OK, appologies for the horrid fluff haha, and if you're still reading, thanks for sticking with me! This list has more kill points than I'd like (15 total I think ) but is mostly for fun games. I've played it in three friendly games so far, have done ok with it, but it's been the most fun out of all the lists I've played so far! Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there for some C&C!

HQ:
    Big Mek (KFF/Burna) - 95 (Goes with burna boyz!)

Elites:
    Nobz (5 Nobz + 1 Painboy: Bikes / 2x PK / Cybs / BP / WB ) - 380
    Burna Boyz (10x Burna Boyz!) - 150 (These guys go in LW #1!)
    Lootas (9x Lootas + 1x Mek w/ BS) - 150 (Occupy LW #2!)

Troops:
    Shoota Boyz (19x + 1x Nob w/ PK / BP + 2x BS)) - 170 (They get thier own BW...kinda spoiled for boyz...)
    Slugga Boyz (11x + 1x Nob w/ Pk / BP + Trukk w/ Ram / Stikkbombs) - 157
    Grotz (15x + 1 Runtherd) - 55

Heavy Support:
    Looted Wagon #1 (Skorcha / 2x Rokkit Launcha) - 70
    Looted Wagon #2 (Skorcha / 2x Rokkit Launcha / 'Ard Case) - 80
    Battle Wagon (Ram / 4x BS / GR) - 120

1745 total!

Well, there it is! The shoota boyz advance to middle board where they set up camp in the battle wagon and provide support fire where needed in the form of 6 big shootas! The slugga boyz usually go on a mad kamakazi run either on the flank or the center supported by the mek with his burna boyz. The nobz follow up in a "second wave" and hit where the enemy is strongest as discerned by the slugga assault. When needed, the shootas will then begin advancing (usually turn 3-4) and eventually assault. Grotz hold down the fort with the support of their Loota buddies in their Wagon! The Lootas are also able to add their support fire to help out da boyz!

C&C welcome!
    -Vannis

Last edited by Vannis; May 21st, 2009 at 22:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Nice

I believe the nob bikers should be 400 points, not 380. I'd recount it.

The list is definitely a good start, but there are a few changes I'd make, the first 2 being the most important:

1. Give the Big Mek a bosspole. The burnas can't take one on their own, and they won't be very viable without one.

2. Don't put the lootas in the looted wagon. If it explodes, then the unit will have to take 9 strength 3 hits, resulting in 3 wounds, and most likely 3 dead lootas. After that they'll have to take BOTH a panic check and a pinning check, and I highly doubt they'll pass both. Trust me, they'll be a LOT safer in cover.

3. Personally, I prefer 3-5 Mega nobz with combi-scorchas, rather than burnas, but use what you like.

4. 10 Burnas is overkill. As long as the big mek has a bosspole, 8 is plenty, and you could probably go down to 5 without hurting the unit much.

5. Add one grot to the unit of grots. 17 models is less likely to run than 16.

6. Never use more than one gun on a looted wagon. If it moves a single inch, then it will only be able to fire one of them. Rokkit launchas on wagons are a rip-off, considering how unlikely they are to hit. I'd stick with either a big shoota or skorcha on each.

7. With the leftover points (if you decide to make these changes), I'd throw in a fast attack, like warbuggies, to take some of the heat off of the trukks.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for responding!

I'll trust you on the nobz cost, I don't have the codex on me ATM and probably left something out!

I'll adress each point in order (well, kind of!)

1. I'm smacking myself over this, it seems so obvious once I read this...thanks!

2/6/7. This makes perfect sense. The extra guns where kinda slapped on to take up excess points that I didn't really have an idea of what to do with. In any case, I'm gonna free these points up and see what I can do with them. I'll probably end up with some fast attack like you suggested.

3/4. I couldn't agree more. Combi meganobz have performed phenominally in every game I've used them. These guys where mostly for fun...and I have ten of them that I spent a noteworthy amound of time painting...so I guess this is mostly a sentimental issue! I had to get the poor guys on the board for at least a few games. The more I use them however, the more I have to agree with your Burna boyz article: I would never use them in a competitive setting unless it was CoD. I'm gonna cut the unit down to 5 with the mek I think. They are a ton of fun though!

5. Will do!

Well, thanks for the help! I'll throw up the revised list when I get a chance.
    -Vannis

+ Reply to Thread