500pt Start - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500pt Start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt Start

Hello Everyone, I am looking at buying the Assault on Black Reach set and 3 trukk's for a 500pt battle group. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I know the model count is short with just the AoBR set, I pick up the others from the single packs.

Warboss (95)
    -Powerfist
    -Twinlinked Shoota
    - Bosspole

5 Nobz (125)
    -Twinlinked Shoota

11 ShootaBoyz (87)
    -1 Boyz Nob
    -1 Big Shoota

11 ShootaBoyz (87)
    -1 Boyz Nob
    -1 Big Shoota

3 Trukk (105)

If im correct this totals out to be 499pts, Id like to know what you think but seeing this is my first post let me put on my kevlar . Fire away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, welcome to LO!

Now, on to the list!

Black Reach is always an excellent choice for starting an army. This actually looks like a pretty solid start for a 500 point list. The main thing you want to look out for is MEQ (Marine equivalent) armies whose toughness and armor saves will make them tough for your boyz to kill. Your warboss is the only unit that they don't get to take an armor save against, so just keep that in mind. Onward!

I'd consider dropping the big shootas in the units off boyz and give the nobz in each of those units a bosspole. Also, drop the twin linked shoota from the warboss and give either him or one of the nobz in his unit (I assume he's going with the nobz!) a bosspole. These are extremely helpful and keep your boyz fighting longer!

Well, that's all I see, but it's early so I might have missed something! In higher point games you'll want to give the nobz with the boyz squads Power Klaws, but I don't really see how to fit the points in at the moment.

Good luck!
    -Vannis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vannis I appriciate your advice, I have made the changes you recommended. Lets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing!

No worries man, and I just realized one more thing that would make the list far more powerful for a 500 point game. All those twin linked shootas on the nobz should be shoota scorcha combi weapons. These are powerful in higher point games - in lower point matches they are just rediculous!

Hope this helps!
    -Vannis

+ Reply to Thread