votewar winning eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

votewar winning eldar

Hi everyone, just thought I would put this here as a bit of shameless self promotion and to show an eldar list that the members of LO thought was the best in the field. The tactics section was sent in with the list and like the list did not change from round to round. The list won against DE CSM ORKS and others. For anyone that doesn't know what the votewars are I suggest you check them out they are alot of fun and a good place to see how others think your list stacks up.

On a side note I run a 3rd flamer storm squad instead of fusions when I play normally but I felt that having to many of the same unit would look bad and possibly hurt my chances of getting votes. Plus I was scared of running into a 3 landraider list or zilla list, which pleasantly I didn't run into either. Anyway if you have any comments or questions about the list I'll do my best to answer.

Black Guardian Skirmishers.

HQ
    Farseer Amadalis
    Doom, Spirit Stones, Mind war

Farseer Tai'shar
    Doom, Runes of warding

Elites
    10 Howling banshees
    Exarch, Executioner

Waveserpent
    Twin linked shuriken cannon, vectored engines, star engines, spirit stones

Troops
    10 storm guardians
    2 flamers, warlock, destructor, singing spear

Wave serpent
    Twin linked bright lance, shuriken cannon, spirit stones

10 storm guardians
    2 flamers, warlock, destructor, singing spear

Wave serpent
    Twin linked bright lance, shuriken cannon, spirit stones

10 storm guardians
    2 fusion guns, warlock, destructor, singing spear

Wave serpent
    Twin linked eldar missle launcher, shuriken cannon, spirit stones

Fast Attack
    none

Heavy support

Fire prism

Total 1497

Tactics

Farseer Amadalis goes with the banshees and Tai'shar goes with one of the flamer guardian units. Every unit in the army has anti tank options except the banshees wave serpent and even it can do some damage with rear and side shots. Using the ranged AT to cut down enemy transports will limit their movement making it easier to set up doom and drive by flamings from the guardians. The banshees hunt high save units like terminators, or if all else fails small elite units. With doom and I 10 on the charge they are my problem solvers in the list the mind war is also there to help solve problems. Lastly all tanks can turbo boost 24" making last turn objective grab/contesting fairly easy.

If the enemy is low on AT it will be targeted first giving my tanks freedom to roam. Against hordes The list depends on the multiple templates and the use of the wave serpents to block charges. Against armies that deep strike I will try to go second and come in from reserve. This gives me the option to attack units that are close to my edge or move away from threats.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Is a good list... not very tastefull for my own style but is nice to see a list based on the long understated guardians used properly and succesfull....

a question..mind war is for those nobs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Picked up mindwar for a chance to do a wound or two to MCs, ICs before charging with the banshees (these are my problem solvers and they have solved everything from genestealers to bloodthirsters for me in the past). I know it isn't ideal but the chance to get a few wounds on specific models helps quite a bit. Nob painboys can be a good target for this also but he still gets cover saves, removing FnP can make the unit look alot less scary just have to hope for good rolling.

I've gone round and round with people about guardians but the group in a serpent is generally considered to be one of the best ways to use them. On a bunched unit they will get more hits/wounds than a bladestorming DA squad and having extra witchblades to hunt armor works well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Hey nice, not my list, but certainly very fluffy and i can see it doing quite well. Is this a list that you run, or just wrote for the wars? I'd be very curious to see how well it performed against big bugs or razor back heavy marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

It is a slightly changed list from what I used to run. I generally stuck with 4 storm squads 2 prisms and 1 farseer at 1500 but a few days before I wrote my votewar list I played this list almost exactly. I've played it a couple more times since and the banshees really help smooth out problems, my friend plays demons and twice the girls have dropped his bloodthirster on the charge. I didn't field the banshees in anything short of 1750 before this list. I don't have a nidzila/demonzilla player around me but I have used a similar list against eldarzilla (avatar 3 lords). It wasn't exactly fun but pulled off a draw. I couldn't punch through the wraithbone wall but I held him up enough that he couldn't get to my objective to contest. Haven't run into razorback marines but the list has done very well against normal marines and CSM.

+ Reply to Thread