My first tourney is going to be 'Ard Boyz 2500...oh joy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first tourney is going to be 'Ard Boyz 2500...oh joy

Honestly I was not expecting my first tourney to be a 2500 point event. This kinda throws off some of my buying/assembling plans. I currently have a solid 1000pt team and a so-so 1500 point team. I was planning to buy/assemble what I needed to the day before the tourney. (Giving me a day to watch games while lazily assembling a few minis to push myself to the point limit, maybe play a game or two.) Now I either have to buy stuff early (My dad is already grouchy about all the WH40k crap lying around the house.)

Anywhere here is the list and what I need to buy.

HQ
    Shas’el – PR, MP, TA, HWMT, HWDC 2x shield drones – 97pts
    Shas’el – PR, MP, TA, HWMT – 97pts
    Elites
    3x Shas’ui crisis suits (TLMP, TA) – 159 pts
    3x Heatwave Crisis suits (TLFlamers, DC w/ 2 gun drones each) - 153 pts
    6x Stealth suits – 3x DC w/ 3 ML Drones, 3x TA – 270 pts
    Troops
    12x FW, Shas’ui, Bonding Knife
    -Devilfish, D-pod, MT – 225 pts
    12x FW, Shas’ui, Bonding Knife
    -Devilfish, D-pod, MT – 225 pts
    11x FW, Shas’ui, Bonding Knife (will use Pathfinders D-fish) - 125
    15 Kroot 6 kroot hounds -141 pts
    20 kroot – 140 pts
    Fast Attack
    6x Pathfinder, shas’ui BK
    -D-fish w/ DP + MT – 179 pts
    Piranha – FB, DP, TA – 80 pts
    8x Gun-drones – 96 pts
    Heavy Support
    1x Railhead, DP + MT, BC - 165
    1x Railhead, DP+MT, BC - 165
    1x Skyray, DP+ TA, BCs – 150 pts

Total - 2497
    I'll need:
    1x Battleforce - 90$ (76 from chaos orc)

2x Skyray boxes - 80$
    2x Crisis suits - 40$
    2x pathfinder blisters -30$ (Can we still get these at stores?)
    1 Piranha -25$

Total - 265$. the FLGS I will be going to gives 15% off so: 225$ (I can afford it...question is...can I assemble it in one day...) I will probably end up buying the Battleforce box early... Since the troops are the only thing that take very long to assemble. Also I will buy the pathfinders if they cannot be found in stores anymore (I heard GW took back all their metals...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C&C please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here we go

You need more hounds they are what enable to kroot to be devastating (you could buy the dire wolves from fantasy). run 2 groups of ten krrot with 10 hounds and out flank them.

I am not fan of the path finders or stealth suits as i fee they are easy kill points.

Iam however a fan of fire warriors in fishes. if possible i would try to run 4 teams of ten. I am also a fan of giving them the smart missle sytem.

I think you might want to consider dropping one hq as in the second scenario hq are worth 5 points and they don't really add alot to the force. I would also consider giving the commander 2 bodyguards as this will give the unit alot more staying power. and run the shaso'

I would consider giving one of your hammerhead the ion cannon i case you run into a horde player.

so my 2500 point tau list would look like this

commander, 2 bodyguards with 6 shield drones

2 teams of 3 suits each with team leader with 2 shield drones, bonding knifes

4 squads of ten fw in fishes with bonding knife

2 squads of 10+10 kroot & kroot hounds

1 ahmmer haid with rail gun, smart missles

1 hammer head with ion cannon, burst cannon

1 sky ray with smart missle system

i would make also that all my vechiles would have the fire like their fast war gear and always be moving. you area shark if stop moving you die. this gives 37 points to play around with i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by justiceisrelative View Post
    You need more hounds they are what enable to kroot to be devastating (you could buy the dire wolves from fantasy). run 2 groups of ten krrot with 10 hounds and out flank them.

I am not fan of the path finders or stealth suits as i fee they are easy kill points.

Iam however a fan of fire warriors in fishes. if possible i would try to run 4 teams of ten. I am also a fan of giving them the smart missle sytem.

I think you might want to consider dropping one hq as in the second scenario hq are worth 5 points and they don't really add alot to the force. I would also consider giving the commander 2 bodyguards as this will give the unit alot more staying power. and run the shaso'

I would consider giving one of your hammerhead the ion cannon i case you run into a horde player.

so my 2500 point tau list would look like this

commander, 2 bodyguards with 6 shield drones

2 teams of 3 suits each with team leader with 2 shield drones, bonding knifes

4 squads of ten fw in fishes with bonding knife

2 squads of 10+10 kroot & kroot hounds

1 ahmmer haid with rail gun, smart missles

1 hammer head with ion cannon, burst cannon

1 sky ray with smart missle system

i would make also that all my vechiles would have the fire like their fast war gear and always be moving. you area shark if stop moving you die. this gives 37 points to play around with i think

1. I agree with the Kroot comment. The fav tactic is now 10Kroot/10hounds squad. They are quite devastating, and a murder if you bring 2 ( or more ) squads.

2. PFs and stealth teams, are only "easy" kill points, if you don't use them correctly. A disruption pod on the PFs fish, turns it into a wonderful "shield" for your team. Push your team close to its 8-model limit. Stealth suits are becoming favored as "ML caddies", since they are now "relentless" ( ML and MD ). Keep FBs off stealths (unless you're good at using them) as most units will "see" them at 12".

3. Fish with FWs are always good, as you need to quickly take/defend objectives. I disagree with the SMS, however. The cost is exspensive, and can be used happily elsewhere, plus the GDs are far more useful/versaitle. Give your fish a disruption pod, and you have a nice "shield" for your FWs. Just remember. you can fire UNDER the fish, as its your skimmer.

4. At this point limit, I'd keep the two HQs. A shas'el, with a targeting array, has the same B skill as a shas'o at less cost. The extra 25pts, for a extra wound, just doesn't fly with me. I also disagree with adding bodyguards, as they too become exspensive. Fill out your force first, and if you find points left over, add BGs by all means. Shield drones are useful, but buy sparingly. If you J-S-J, you shouldn't be shot at often.

5. I can't give you much with crisis suits, as there are so many opinions. You can check out the guides in the Tau forums, as they will do a better job than I.

6. I'd stay with the railgun for your HH. The sub "pie-plate" does much more carnage then the 3 shot ion cannon. Give your HH/skyray burst cannons. They keep the cost down, fire seperately, and you really shouldn't be using them if you use your gunships right. They are quite good "defensive" weapons, however. Targeting array, disruption pod, and mutli-tracker for your skyray. Disruption pod, multi-tracker, and target lock if you can afford it ( all weapons fire at different targets ) for your HH. I'd replace your second HH with a team of Broadsides, as this will give you more railguns ( TL'ed bonus ).

I'd take a second thought on all those shield drones. Not saying they're useless, just you have quite a bit of them who's points could be placed elsewhere.

I'd give your Piranha two seekers, and I'm a bit "iffy" about the DP. It's useless under 12", as the FB needs to be 6" to gain the extra AP. DLs may be better, but I'll leave it up to you.

These are only my opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm guys I abandoned this list a while ago (Note it was made June 5...)

This is the list I am actually bringing....(Maybe I hope...)

Tau K’os Cadre

HQ - 428

Shas’el (Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targeting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard-Wired Drone Controller 1x Marker Drone, 1x Shield Drone, Stimulant Injectors) - 152
    Shas’el (Plasma Rifle, Fusion, Targeting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard-Wired Drone Controller 1x Shield Drone) – 112
    -2x Bodyguard (Plasma Rifle, Fusion, Targeting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker) - 276

Elites - 500

1x Shas’ui Team Leader (Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Targeting Array, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard Wired Drone Controller 2x Marker Drone, Bonding Knife)
    -2x Shas’ui (Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker) – 204
    1x Shas’ui Team Leader (Twin-Linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array, Bonding Knife)
    -2x Shas’ui (Twin-Linked Missile Pod, Targeting Array) – 164
    1x Shas’ui Team Leader (Twin-Linked Flamer, Burst Cannon, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Bonding Knife)
    -2x Shas’ui (Twin-Linked Flamer, Burst Cannon) – 132

Troops - 725

12x Fire Warriors (Shas’ui, Bonding Knife)
    -Devilfish (Disruption Pod, Smart Missile System, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array)– 260
    12x Fire Warriors (Shas’ui, Bonding Knife) - 135
    15x Kroot
    -10x Kroot Hounds – 165
    15x Kroot
    -10x Kroot Hounds – 165

Fast Attack - 236

8x Pathfinders (Shas’ui Bonding Knife)
    -Devilfish (Disruption Pod, Smart Missile System, Multi-Tracker, Targeting Array) – 236

Heavy Support - 610

1x Hammer Head (Railgun, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker) - 165
    1x Hammer Head (Railgun, Burst Cannons, Disruption Pod, Multi-Tracker) - 165
    1x XV88 Broadside Team Leader (Advanced Stabilization System, Hard Wired Target Lock, Hard Wired Drone Controller, 2x Shield Drone, Bonding Knife)
    -2x XV88 Broadside Shas’ui (Advanced Stabilization System) – 280

Total - 2499
    Omak, WA Gaming club at the Bistro Cheval Rouge on Main Street.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorrry about that

anyway seems good but doesn't the stimualnt injectors reduc how far you can mpve?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No that is Iridium armor. Stims just give your char the Feel No Pain USR.
    Omak, WA Gaming club at the Bistro Cheval Rouge on Main Street.

+ Reply to Thread