Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So here is my list
10 Dire Avengers-152
exarch- blade storm, duel cats
21 Guardians - 220
Eml, warlock, conceal
10 Guardians (<<< either these or 6 rangers) -110
6 Fire dragons -113
exarch, DBF, crack shot
6 Striking Scorpions-113
exarch biting blade
w/ holo field, star engines, stones
4 Dark Reapers-177exarch- tempest launcher, crack shot
The models that i already have is the 20 guardians Karandras and his scorpions and the wave serpent with the dragons.
All C&C welcome
thanks in advance for any help.
Very cool, love people who go out in the not so usual paths with armies. Not only will it probably do well, but a huge advantage is no one will immediately expect it when they think of eldar.
Personally, I think that guardians and dire avengers are better with farseer support in the army. Also, I think that with an infiltrating HQ and elite unit, it would be very very fun and effective to have as many pathfinders and rangers as possible. They are great units placed in cover with fantastic range, good chances with AP and pinning, and with so much scary stuff hanging out in the shadows, it may give more breathing room to your prisms and reapers in the back. I guess I'd suggest the rangers and pathfinders over the guardians and avengers, at least what you can.
Dragons in the serpent are pretty much your suicide AT unit, usually jumping out of the serpent with the exarch you'd see the firepike for the AT purposes, with all those shurkin shots (or sniper shots) reapers prisms and scorpions, you'll want those guys hunting tanks and it seems like the DBF is kind of not good for that purpose
A few things I don't like:
1. DBF on the FD exarch, keep him cheap, rarely need an exarch at all. Stick to 6 basic dragons - 96 points that can slag any tank or maul heavy infantry after popping out from the serpent.
2. Tempest lauchers are garbage, again stick to basic armaments, exarch with reaper launcher and fast shot is better, stick to the eldar way and specialize your squads, DR are MEQ killers - keep them that way.
3. HATE GUARDIANS! Always take pathfinders or DA's in serpent, guardians die too quickly and kill to slowly. Drop those guardian squads for 2 squads of 6 pathfinders.
4. Star engines on Prism's don't really work, drop them and get Holo-fields for the other Prism, they need to stay alive for as long as possible.
5. The DA's need a serpent, but with points tight i doubt they will get one.
Not a bad list, i like people that use something different, a variant of my list is something like this, but with some of the changes i have metioned, it works well.
Thanks for the advice. I will try out these changes and see what works better.
Also i have to strongly disagree with you Stevie about the tempest launcher with crack shot it almost always kills everything under it especially with crack shot for the reroles to wound because its only str4 but still ap-3, and it doubles as a hord killer too because its a template weapon.
Yeah stick with Tempest Launcher or perhaps EML fast shot, nah just Tempest actually.
I'm a subscriber to the DBF, but in an army like this I don't think its neccessary. In a WS they'll be fast enough to attack pretty much whomever they like, and your have enough infantry killingness, so just keep them a crisp 96 pts.
Cool army though, I'd like to see this in action.
I do have to apologize for my poor advise, after re-reading the tempest rules i will be adding it to my reaper exarch in future, guess i should read my codex more often!
I still think my other comments are still valid.