1850 Hoonz Ork Army List - did well in U2KR tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Hoonz Ork Army List - did well in U2KR tourney

HQ: Warboss (1#, 95 Pts) 1 Warboss @ 95 Pts
    Power Klaw; Twin Linked Shoota; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour

Troops: Nobz (11#, 440 Pts)
    9 Nobz @ 440 Pts
    Count as Troop Troops; Big Choppa (x4); Choppa (x3); Power Klaw (x2); Slugga (x9); Stikkbombs; Feel No Pain; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour (x9); Waaagh! Banner (x1)
    1 Painboy @ [56] Pts
    'Urty Syringe; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Dok's Tools
    1 Trukk @ [65] Pts
    Big Shoota (x1); Armour Plates; Grot Rigger; Red Paint Job; Wreckin' Ball

Elite: Lootas (12#, 180 Pts)
    12 Lootas @ 180 Pts
    Defffguns; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

Heavy Support: Deff Dread (1#, 100 Pts)
    1 Deff Dread @ 100 Pts
    Dreadnought CCW (x2); Skorcha (x2); Armour Plates; Grot Rigger

HQ: Old Zogwort (1#, 145 Pts)
    1 Old Zogwort @ 145 Pts
    Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Warphead; 1. 'Eadbanger; 2. Frazzle; 3. Zzap; 4. Warpath; 5. 'Ere We Go; 6. Waaagh!; Nest of Vipers; Zogwort's Curse

Heavy Support: Battlewagon (1#, 185 Pts)
    1 Battlewagon @ 185 Pts
    Big Shoota (x4); Killkannon; Armour Plates; Grot Rigger

Heavy Support: Killer Kans (3#, 140 Pts)
    3 Killer Kans @ 140 Pts
    Dreadnought CCW; Big Shoota (x1); Rokkit Launcha (x2)

Fast Attack: Deffkoptas (5#, 300 Pts)
    5 Deffkoptas @ 300 Pts
    Choppa; Bigbomm (x5); Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha (x5); Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Mob Rule; Scouts; Deffkopta

Troops: 'Ard Boyz (20#, 265 Pts)
    19 'Ard Boyz @ 265 Pts
    Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota (x2); Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour
    1 'Ard Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts
    Power Klaw; Slugga; Stikkbombs (Squad based); Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour

Total Roster Cost: 1850

This army did very well, won 2 (v DE and Necron), drew 2 (v Nurgle Chaos Marines and Chaos daemons), and lost 1 (vs Tau, but I think in that case I was victim to some rules intepretation) - and to be honest it was my inexperience that cost me wins as in each case if i had not lost focus and rushed my final turn by doing the first thing that came to mind to deal with immediate threats each of the games i drew or lost would have been a win - n00b error FTL

Zogwort was OUTSTANDING - turning both a necron lord and c'tan into squigs in the same game. As a deterrent it works great to keep the enemy power characters away from your guys, or take care of them once they are committed.

The killa kanz were excellent speedbumps. The dreadnought wasn't as useful.

The Deff Koptas were hit or miss - the big bombs were useful but the unit tended to be TORN apart in H2H combat, either before I got the chance to make the bombing run or immediately after. I think in future i'll keep them as a reserve or just keep them out of range of melee.

The nobz were battering rams - NOTHING withstood them. Usually I run with another identical squad but didn't have it painted up for the tourney.

Lootas - ALWAYS GOOD. Battlewagon - meh... mobile bunker for the Lootas or emergency cover for the boyz - wasn't so much an offensive force but a defensive vehicle.

Attached Images
    Last edited by [Angels]Bard; June 5th, 2009 at 06:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Your army seems surprisingly small. Did you ever feel like your draws or losses were due to this fact?

Also, 5 big bomms? Did you need that many?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the losses/draws were demonstrably due to me doing something wrong (things like shooting the lootas from my battlewagon on the last turn when I held 1 objective, he held 1 objective and the last objective had both of us on it, if i had moved up I would have had his objective contested resulting in me being the only person with one ... dumbass move).

The bigbombs are surprisingly ineffective, and if you're fighting someone like necrons you want to wipe the entire unit out to have chance of the death's sticking. For example I dropped 5 bombs on a unit of 13 necrons - obtained 55 hits, took out 11 of them but after his stand up rolls and secondary ones after teleporting back to the obelisk the end result was the death of only two of them His teleport put them in range of my ork nobz on my next turn which resulted in the unit being chopped to bits

A lot of people commented on the small size - but the only undefeated person in the tournament drew with me (and that was because of the above objective thing..)

+ Reply to Thread