1000pts vs Eldar - my second game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

1000pts vs Eldar - my second game

Playing my second game of 40k this edition, first was a trouncing of tyranids. This game will be against Eldar with my opponent likely to field an avatar, a couple of units of swooping hawks and he has pretty much everything else as well.

My initial thoughts were something like this:

Big Mek SAG 95

10 Lootas XX
    10 Lootas XX

12 Hardboyz - Nob PK - Trukk Reinforced Ram - 195
    12 Boyz - Nob Pk - Trukk Reinforced Ram-147
    11 Grots Runtherd 43

5 Bikers - Nob PK - 160

3 Kannons XX

1000pts exactly

A fair amount of shooting, 3 reasonable combat units. Not too many killpoints.

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Only one

Bosspoles literally mean the difference between victory and defeat for the Orks. They statistically raise a unit's leadership by 2, usually from 7 to 9, giving them a much better chance of passing leadership checks, and staying in the fight longer. I wouldn't use warbikes or trukkboyz without them.

For points, you could shave a single loota off one or two of the units. If you bring both unit down to 9, you'd also have enough points to give the SAG cybork armor and an ammo runt, which I would do.

Otherwise the list looks like a very good start. Just be sure to keep the trukks obscured in or behind cover until you're ready to strike.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread