First 1.5k 'nid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

First 1.5k 'nid list

Right, here goes. Red bits are comments on tactics, etc.

Hive Tyrant w/ Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, 2x Twin-Linked Devourers (121)
    3 Tyrant Guard Retinue (135)
    These guys dish out a decent amount of firepower for such a small unit, and can absorb an insane amount of punishment (10 T6 wounds!?!).

Hive Tyrant w/ Adrenal Glands (WS & I), Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs, Winged, 2x Scything Talons, Warpfield (201)
    Guided 'nid missile of doom. Shame you can't make him tusked

20 Gaunts w/ Fleshborers, Without Number (180 )

Basically there to sit on objectives and re-spawn if necessary. Can also be used to distract firepower from the big things.

Carnifex w/ Adrenal Glands (WS & I), Bonded Exoskeleton, Extended Carapace, Flesh Hooks, Toxic Miasma, Tusked, 2x Scything Talons (175)
    Chuck into combat with anything S3 or less and watch your opponent cry. Also pretty handy against MEQs, even terminators. Mate of mine used Howling Banshees a lot, looking forward to throwing this at them.

Carnifex w/ Enhanced Senses, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon (148 )
    From browsing around, this seems to be a pretty average sniperfex.

TOTAL 1500

The list seems to be able to cope with pretty much anything, the only problem I can forsee is a lack of synapse... Although the dakkatyrant is going to combat the worst of this, hopefully.

So... comments? Criticisms?

2. Remove Advertisements

7 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

you're very right about the lack of synapse, should there be an objective in your deployment zone, you either have to leave it, or one of the tyrants behind in order to control it. id give your dakka tyrant the 2+ save so if you get hit by krak missiles, which you will, you have a fairly decent way to counter them.

I can think of 2 lists that would beat this, orks, theyve got various ways to beat this list, the other sort will be high mech lists, you simply wont have enough combat tanks to go around and a sensible player will target those first

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

50 (x1)

My suggestion would be to drop one of the gaunt groups and pick up some zoanthropes. You get synapse and another great power for fairly cheap. Otherwise, it's ready for playtesting!
    Applaud, my friend, the Comedy is finished.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

+ Reply to Thread