Olderado's Zahr Tann - 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olderado's Zahr Tann - 1000pts

Heya, first Army List (not so much, this is just the army i have assembled so far! and contains all the models i own)

Please give feedback on how to improve it (keeping to a maximum of 1500 ) and which army it would be best at killing!

HQ

Autarch
    Warp Jump Generator, Mandiblasters, Scorpion Chainsword, Fusion Gun

Elites

6 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch, Scorpions Claw, Shadowstike

Troops

10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch, Power Weapon, Shimmershield, Defend, Bladestorm

10 Guardians
    Starcannon

5 Rangers

Fast Attack

6 Warp Spiders
    Exarch, Powerblades, Exarch Deathspinner

Heavy Support
    2 War Walkers
    1 Bright Lance / EML
    1 Starcannon / Scatter Laser

Total 998

Thanks, almost finished my army off (painting wise) will post pics when im done

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I don't really like the mix and match weapon set up on the walkers, I try to keep them all the same when I run them. All AT or all infantry or EML if I want a bit of both that way I'm not wasting shots depending on what I target. For additions to the list I'd look to fill up the scorpion squad and maybe add a couple of spiders, I don't like the full 10 man because it gets a bit hard to hide and move with but a couple more could help the unit. The list is mainly on foot so I would also recommend a wraithlord (farseer or a warlock in the guardian squad to badysit) with some AT guns. 1k you may run into a few vehicles but the numbers go up as the points do, and your list is a bit low of AT. A farseer can really work wonders with either guide,doom,or fortune. I'd recommend getting atleast 1 model of a farseer even if you don't have one in your list currently because the farseer can just be so useful. Another option would be to use your next 500~ points on getting vehicles and going mech 3 waveserpents (for scorpions, DAs, guardians) and a prism or two would get you to 1500 nicely.

As for what army your list would do well against I would say maybe Nids. You have several units that get put out a high number of shots, and the scorpions throw a good number of attacks also so you could handle the hordes. Plus you have a couple of heavy guns and the snipers to try and work on the MCs. You might be able to do something to orks also, again because you have a decent number of shots going off every round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right about the AT, then again Eldar have very few infantry based AT units, which as a foot-slogger Eldar collector makes things a little harder.

About mixing up my War Walkers, i know what you mean, im currently using them as two seperate units so i can use one against vehicles and one aganst Infantry, however ill take out the bright lance on one of my walkers and replace it with another EML so i can combine Anti-Infantry and AT! That way i wont be wasting shots!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

HQ-Autarch, who is this model going to be moving with? If not the warp spiders than giving him a warp pack is dangerous. http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...05_Edition.pdf

Also I believe that giving him a power weapon is a better choice than the chain sword.

I would definetly take a farseer, I never leave home without him. In fact I leave out the Autarch quite often in lieu of a farseer.

Elites- That's fine.

Troops- DA-Good.

Guardians-consider a scatter laser. Because of the low BS.

Rangers- consider cutting back points to make them pathfinders, they are numerous discussions debating their point values and survivability (if thats even a word), but i have always had good luck with them and my opponents usually base their entire movement phase off of their position.

Fast Attack- I dont usually use warp spiders, I do not think I would use them in a low point battle like this either. But I can't really comment on it, since I do not have much experience with them.

heavy support- try not to waste points on the heavy heavy weapons for war walkers, opponents love to demolish these things. Not to mention that they only have BS 3.

As for what army this would work best against....well...probably any army that does not have alot of long range fire power. Since this army is going to be on foot.

Ways to improve keeping it under 1500pts:

Using the models you have ...

I would add a farseer first. Then add a wave serpeant and either a falcon or fire prism. And another CC elite.

My opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    HQ-Autarch, who is this model going to be moving with? If not the warp spiders than giving him a warp pack is dangerous.

Also I believe that giving him a power weapon is a better choice than the chain sword.

He is in a unit of warp spiders! Wont have him on his own like that!

Hmmmm i dont know about power weapon tbh! I like them but S3 against what is usualy T4 upwards isnt good news for me really! Nor is the 3+ armour save at the end of it, but ah well too late to change now!

As for a farseer, absolutely right he and a wave serpent are on my list of next buys! Farseers can give units a good boost, using guide and doom in the same turn is fun! re-roll failed to wound and to hit rolls! Possible the best combo of phsycic powers in the game!

My rangers? Im selling them, i had a battle just the other day using the above list and wow they did nothing! They were shooting at turn one and inside cover giving them a 3+ cover save, still got annhilated by everything, didnt even kill one thing! And for 19points each, ould rarther be fielding some more Scorps.

My warp spiders were probably unit of the game for me, they managed to cream cracker his bike squad, his emperors champion and Marshall and kill a few combat marines in the process! Usualy in lower points games i try and use cheaper units, but the test run on my warp spiders seems to ptove that they do better against smaller forces, they get right up near enemies and warp back in the assault phase!

The army list above seems to work really well for me, except my rangers of course! Considering the removal of my guardians also and using the point it costs to field them and my rangers to get some more DA's as they always cause havok to the front lines!

Im also going to get a fire prism and a unit of Banshees or Dragons next, need more AT units!

Thankyou for your feedback, been usefull! I know where to improve my army now

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

You will just have to evaluate what you think your chances are using a S4 weapon with full armour saves or a s3 weapon with no armour saves.

I'd give your rangers another shot before you decide to can them. They have always pulled their weight for me.

If you decide to field fire dragons, I hardly ever take an exarch, they seem to get the job done without his extra efforts. I usually use the extra points to take another Banshee, since they need high numbers to make it.

If you decide to sell them, I may be interested.

+ Reply to Thread