1,000 Points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1,000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

1,000 Points

I'm looking for any advice I can get. I basically want the pathfinders and lords to just sit back and use their range to bust stuff up and the lords are a scary thing to charge towards. The seer would stay with the lords and doom things for the pathfinders, the avengers would use the transport to get to flanks and hopefully decimate whole squads from a safe distance while they worry about the very resilient fire base. Many high cover saves with the pathfinders and 9 T8 wounds is what is depended on making these guys deal more damage than they take in the first round or two of play. The tough base all has a range of 36" which i like, and if I need to advance to get to the enemy (tau or guard maybe) then the lords are gonna have to do that.

1,000 Points

- Farseer with Doom, Singing Spear

- 5 Pathfinders

- 5 Pathfinders

- 10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Dual Cat, Bladestorm

- Wave Serpent with Twin Linked Bright Lance

- Wraithlord with Bright Lance

- Wraithlord with Starcannon and Scatter Laser

- Wraithlord with Starcannon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Personally I don't think you have enough long-range tank busting. I think successful eldar armies need either lots and lots of BLs and EMLs or something like dragons in a serpent or swooping hawks that can go out and find tanks themselves. Something like a guard army would be tough for you to beat (standard 1000 guard armies I've seen usually have 2 leman russ). Your wraithlords should make you tough against tank-rush armies, but armies that can sit back and blast away I think you'd have a tough time beating.

If you want to keep with your theme of rangers and wraithlords (which I think is a pretty cool idea) I would at least switch the starcannon on the one lord to an EML. Actually I'd suggest switching both starcannons to EMLs but if you want one lord with anti-MEQ load out than thats probably okay. With the extra 10 points (if you switched both) you could take a wraithsword on one of the lords, and use that one to advance. Or you could take spirit stones on your serpent, they're pretty useful

Also, consider putting the farseer in the serpent with the avengers - doom will be a lot more effective if its used on their target compared to the rangers target. Plus its only 24" range and if you want to sit your rangers back then your farseer may be out of range. Another advantage of putting the farseer there would be to give you a bit of advancing anti-tank. With your lords mostly staying at home you shouldn't have to worry about tank-rushes getting to your rangers anyways.

Hopefully this advice helps. Personally I think wraith armies are pretty sweet, and rangers are some of the coolest looking models there are, so good luck with the theme!
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

+ Reply to Thread