1500pts tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts tourney list

farseer
    - doom
    80pts
    8 howling banshees
    - exarch upgrade
    - acrobatic
    - mirror swords
    155pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130 pts

7 fire dragons
    112pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130pts

8 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - bladestorm
    123pts
    wave serpent
    - twin linked shuriken cannon
    - shuriken cannon upgrade
    - spirit stones
    120pts

9 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    125pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    120pts

9 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    125pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    120pts

fire prism
    - holofield
    - spirit stones
    160pts

Total: 1500pts

I've gone for a full out tank army as they're such a pain to destroy now, along with 3 troops choices for capturing. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it from everyones silence that the list needs no further improvement lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will put my comments in Red Italics.

farseer
    - doom
    80pts
    8 howling banshees
    - exarch upgrade
    - acrobatic
    - mirror swords
    155pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130 pts
    Good. Consider dropping the Banshees to 6, if you read around the preferred tactic with the girls is to win combat in the 2nd phase, when you can move again in your next turn. 8 will kill everything and then be left in the open and shot to bits.

7 fire dragons
    112pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130pts
    Only need 6 Dragons. Good choice avoiding the Exarch, they don't need one.

8 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - bladestorm
    123pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    120pts
    Bump the squad to 10. Drop the underslung cannon, these should move the full 12'' every turn, meaning they won't be able to fire the second cannon, otherwise, good.

9 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    125pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    120pts
    See Above

9 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    125pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    120pts
    See Above

fire prism
    - holofield
    - spirit stones
    160pts
    Normally, I would say good job on the Holo-fields, but I think that in this army the points could be spent else where.

If you make the changes i have suggested, you will gain a whooping 113 points. With these, bump up the DA squad to 10, give them Bladestorm. Then add Runes of Witnessing and a Singing Spear to the Farseer, just incase. This brings your list to 1498.

Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I would use those saved points to buy a second naked fire prism. 2 Fire prisms is immeasurably better than one because of the depth of tactical options it brings.

Combining beams allows you to fire a tank busting twinked Str 10, AP1 small template, or a marine massacring Str 6 AP3 large template, if you end up facing guard or orks you can simply fire both prisms individually with two large templates a turn.

Fire prisms don't need holofields and they certainly don't need spirit stones. A spirit stone is worth it on a transport, but fire prisms are all about firing, if they can't shoot whether or not they move is a little irrelevant.

Otherwise I back what was said above, the second fire prism will greatly enhance you rather modest anti-tank ability, one unit of fire dragons is a fantastic asset, but they can't be everywhere at once and if you lose them or their transport you've got no other way to bring down vehicles at all.

I would also suggest giving one or more of your serpents bright lances, but that only because I play armies with a lot of vehicles, it might not be necessary for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot guys, some very good advice there. I decided to reduce the howling banshee/fire dragon squad sizes, and the shuriken cannon upgrades for another fire prism. Also took off 2 dire avengers for the bright lance (i know that at some point i'd need it, and i was worried about how the original list would deal against a tank heavy army). I ended up with 7 points, so i gave my banshees warshout for the giggles

Also note that i switched round which squad gets which wave serpent. Basically the idea was to not put my best units in the better wave serpents, but instead mix them up to hopefully confused the opponent into which serpent to fire at

I'm liking this list a lot more; this is what i've got

farseer
    - doom
    80pts
    6 howling banshees
    - exarch upgrade
    - acrobatic
    - war shout
    - mirror swords
    128pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    110 pts

6 fire dragons
    96pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    110pts

8 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    113pts
    wave serpent
    - twin linked bright lance
    - spirit stones
    145pts

8 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    113pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130pts

8 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    113pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130pts

fire prism
    115pts

fire prism
    115pts

Total: 1498pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I think you've got it about right really, the key is NOT to put the dragons in the Bright lance serpent as one lucky hit on that transport would effectively axe your anti-tank ability.

I'm really liking this list, 3 very mobile troop choices will help you to secure objectives, and plenty of stuff for killing vehicles. The only other thing I'd want in that list is the blade storm ability on the avenger exarchs, but I'm not sure thats realistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Personally i'd strip down one of the WS's to have only 5 DA's no exarch, and a shuricannon and no spirit stones. Let this WS be the backline/hold the objective WS, That way one of the forward WS's can have a bladestorm and full unit of DA's. Also, at 1500 pts I really think you might need the full squad of ladies, i know that it's popular to have em stay alive a round in the CC, but if you come up against anything with volume, fearless units, or invuln saves you are gonna REALLY wish that you had more of em. More often than not the only armies that regularly meet the criteria where 6 is useful is codex marines and necrons, and with the necrons I find that i have to kill them out right anyway or they just get ported off to get rescued by the stupid monolith. Even against CSM's the threat of the incoming str 4 high attack volume is enough to offset the benefits of having the smaller squad because of the increased probability of getting em killed in the midst of the CC. While 6 stays funcitonal, 4 starts to lack ability quite quickly.

Also I'm a huge fan of the executioner as opposed to the mirror swords. I like the fact that it can hit Hive Tyrrants, wraithlords, and Fexes, and has a real chance to take down anything with that stupid mark of nurgle. However if you are gonna run them in a smaller squad, mirror swords might help make up for the lack of volume.
    Just personal opnion. I'm glad that you swapped out the upgraded Fireprisms. It makes me crazy everytime i see someone pay even more for just one shot.

If you find that you lack the killing power of a bladestorm, consider swapping out one of the DA transports altogether for another doom seer and maxed out bladestorm for both of the other units. This enhances your AT some and on top of that it greatly increases the number of wounds per turn. 60 shots and all that shuricannon fire on doomed targets before the banshees even hit the ground? that's mean. Not to mention the fire prisms.

The other thing i wanted to mention was that the BL is a big expensive upgrade that isn't really worth it most of the time. Especially with a heavily mechanized list like yours. The WS gets cover saves from movement and downgrades the strength of the big guns, the only tanks i find my self absolutely having to kill are land raiders, demonic possesion vehicles, and the IG chemical/flame tanks, seldom are there ever more than one or two serious targets for the dragons to chase. The rest of the time, masses of str 6 shuricannon fire are enough to keep preds, leemans, vindicators, hammer heads and the like silent if not down. I don't mind the stunned result, especially if they paid more than 100 pts for a one shot vehicle. While wrecked is a nice result, the glancing shots are my bread and butter. Unless its kill points, highly mobile str 6 shots all the way. Why bother with a lance when you can zip around to the rear and get three shots of TL glancing on 4's, instead of 1 shot glancing on 4's from the front. If you really need to you can shoot the DA's at em. Not quite as effectve as other stuff, but still it works if you are at the rear. Then you have the firedragons for the landraiders, so the BL turns into really quite a burden imo. The EML is nice for its pinning chance and better AP than standard missle, but the BL just underperforms currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, i like the idea of having 5 dire avengers in a bog standard wave serpent to keep hold of an objective. Using those extra points for bladestorm and increasing my howling banshee squad up again (just in case the worst happens and i don't get to attack with a nice sized squad).. Although i'm keeping in the brightlance serpent so that i don't have to have all my forces flanking around to pierce the weaker armour.

With that in mind this is how my force is looking now

farseer
    - doom
    80pts
    8 howling banshees
    - exarch upgrade
    - acrobatic
    - war shout
    - mirror swords
    160pts
    wave serpent
    - spirit stones
    110 pts

6 fire dragons
    96pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130pts

8 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    - bladestorm
    128pts
    wave serpent
    - twin linked bright lance
    - spirit stones
    145pts

8 dire avengers
    - exarch upgrade
    - two shuriken catapults
    - bladestorm
    128pts
    wave serpent
    - eldar missile launcher
    - spirit stones
    130pts

5 dire avengers
    60pts
    wave serpent
    100pts

fire prism
    115pts

fire prism
    115pts

Total: 1497pts

Could throw in a singing spear for the farseer to make it a nice round number, but as i'd be using him for CC mainly, i'm not sure if it's really worth it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i keep tampering with this list lol... Basically i took out the small dire avenger squad + serpent, and included eldrad as my farseer so that i can doom the enemy twice, while fortuning my banshees (my army is ulthwe so it's appropriate ). Also took off the brightlance from a wave serpent for a shuriken cannon so that i could afford a cheap guardian squad for objective camping.

So what do you guys think i should use?

Option A: (posted directly above)
    or
    Option B:

Eldrad
    210pts
    7 howling banshees
    - exarch upgrade
    - acrobatic
    - mirror swords
    139pts
    wave serpent