First ork list needs approval (1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ork list needs approval (1500)

So here it is.

HQ- Ghaskhull Thraka

HQ- Warboss
    Powerclaw, bosspole and eavy armour

Elites- 5 nobz
    2 klaws and cyborks with painboy + grot orderly

Troops- 90 slugga boys with nob and big shootas bla bla

11 ard boys

Trukk- Ghazz and nobs here

Trukk- Boss and ard boys here

2 deffkoptas with twin rokets

So the trucks and copters head up and fight till the horde comes... tah dah!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Next time could you please post this in the army list section?

As for the list:
    - It will be very easy for opponents to wreck the Trukks on the first turn, even if you have cover. You need something to support them.
    - Are your Koptas in one unit of two or two units of one?
    - 'Ard boyz... you can take 'em if you want but definetely include a Nob w/ PK and bosspole.
    - The Warboss doesn't need a bosspole. It's better to have it on a Nob.
    - I would try to equip each of your Nobs differently to take advantage of wound allocation. Use a few Kombi-Skorchas and maybe a Waaagh Banner.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

You can also count your nob squad as troops, since you have a Warboss as HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for advice so how do i fix the truck problem?\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

To fix the trukk problem you pretty much have 2 options:
    Option 1) Target Saturation: This is essentially the kult of speed approach (Ghazghkull's already frowning on you, although you can just ignore him ) where you take multiple trukks and hope that a couple make it to the enemy.
    Option 2) Perceived Threat: Like option one, this will require vehicles. You can either throw in a looted wagon with a boomwagon and make it look all sorts of scary to have your enemy shoot at it (foolish, but people do it even when trukks are still alive), or have a battlewagon on the board.

At 1500 points my personal strategy is to have ~3 mobile squads of orks. For this I would drop one of your squads of boyz and pick up a trukk boy squad. Use remaining points for a nob in the 'ard boyz unit and umm, I dunno, another deffkopta?

Also, you really don't need to use the wound allocation cheese with the nobz to make them effective. They'll work fine as is and you won't be pissing off your opponent.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

~This needs to be in the army lists section. I'll just punt it over there now!~
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, you really don't need to use the wound allocation cheese with the nobz to make them effective. They'll work fine as is and you won't be pissing off your opponent.

Can you explain what this means / how this rule works? I dont' know what you mean by wound allocation cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Simply put, it means equipping your nobz individually such that no two nobz have the same weapons and equipment. This would mean throwing on extra things like big choppas and combi-flamers (this is pretty much fine as people would actually use this), to ammo grots (what would these possibly be used for for nobz hmmmm) and extra bosspoles.

So for example, in my 6 man nob unit I tend to take a painboy, cybork on everyone, waaagh banner, 2 power klaws, and a bosspole, as follows:
    painboy
    nob w/ power klaw & bosspole
    nob w/ power klaw
    nob w/ waaagh banner
    nob
    nob

So just given the equipment I want to include I already will have 5 different types of nobz, really nothing you can do about that. A WAC (wound allocation cheese) list would likely give one of the regular nobz a combi-skorcha, or ammo grot, or big choppa so each unit is different. Now this doesn't really seem like anything all that crazy. However, when you stretch that unit to be 10 nobz strong, you'd be hard pressed to create 10 unique nobz without it being blatantly obvious that you're trying to take full advantage of the wound allocation rules (in my opinion, an exploit, albeit 100% legal).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my main enemy is Nids (my brother) and they dont have terribly long ranged or powerful guns so i think im gunna do this list.

+ Reply to Thread