500pt Tourney List!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt Tourney List!!!

So i've come up with a few different lists, what do you think???? Only rules are; 1HQ 2Troop, no special characters, no limit on armour.
    ___________________________________________________________________________ _______
    Version#1

HQ
    Farseer
    -Singing Spear
    -Doom
    83pts

TROOPS
    Dire Avengers x10
    -Two Shuriken Catapults
    -Bladestrom
    -WAVE SERPENT
    -Twin EML
    -Shuriken Cannon
    -Spirit Stones
    292pts

Rangers x5
    -Pathfinders
    120pts

Total 495pts
    Version#2

HQ
    Autarch
    -Swooping Hawk Wings
    -Banshee Mask
    -Power Weapon
    -Fusion Gun
    113pts

TROOPS
    Dire Avengers x6
    -Two Shuriken Catapults
    -Bladestrom
    104pts

Rangers x5
    95pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Falcon
    -EML
    135pts

Support Weapons Platform
    -D-cannon
    50pts

Total 497pts
    Version#3

HQ
    Farseer
    -Doom
    80pts

ELITES
    Howling Banshees x5
    -War Shout
    97pts

TROOPS
    Dire Avengers x5
    -Two Shuriken Catapults
    -Bladestrom
    92pts

Rangers x5
    95pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Falcon
    -EML
    135pts

Total 499pts

My Favourite is probably Version#3, but practically maybe Version#1???

Comments pleaseeeeee????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

i like the 3`rd version but i would make some adjustments. I think a serpent is way more hard to destroy than a falcon and in 135-140 points you could have spirit stones also. You lose the pulse cannon firepower but gain twinlinked on missile launcher

i do not remember how many points is the war shout but if you have points to take the exarch and maybe executioner or mirror swords?

first is also a straight foward list. i would just remove the singing spear and naybe with some tweaks you can use the remaining points.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Without the holofields I would recommend a waveserpent over the falcon also. I agree that the first list is probably the most well rounded but having a powerweapon unit in such a small points game could be rather deadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I'm going to have to agree with the crowd here, I like the look of the third list but the if you can find the points loose the falcon in favor of a waveserpent. Especially because you are going to be flying towards the enemy using it as a transport for your banshees; with a falcon all your enemy would have to do is wait for you to come at him and have a melta gun or something like that in one of his squads. The serpent should be resiliant enough to withstand whatever anti-tank your enemy can muster at 500 points.
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

The first list is better IMHO, only because when you're running Banshees and Avengers they both absolutely need transports and you can't afford two serpents at 500pts.

If you swapped the banshees for scorpions, maybe infiltrating, then the third one looks a lot better, but it really depends who you're fighting.

The other thing I noticed was that none of the lists have any anti-vehicle. I would run twin BLs on the serpent whichever list you go with, otherwise that guard army that brings a Leman Russ will stomp you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

I have actually run the third list in my league, except i used guardian instead of pathfinders and I can attest that it is DEADLY. No one brings melta in 500 so that tank really doesn't recieve any hate at all, plus it'll typically out range everything so it can just sit back and counter charge whatever gets near the foot slogging units.

Although what tourney is 500 pts?!!? Where is it so i can go stomp some kids. Imo eldar are waay imbalanced at 500 pts, second only to the orcs.

Oh and you can't take war shout without an exarch, and consider using guide, instead of doom, to turn the falcon in to a twinlinked warmachine of death. It might not be as adventageous for you if you aren't using the guardians like i was, but i was amazed at how mean a falcon can get, especially with scatter lasers and an underslung shuricannon.

Now if you wanted some real cheese go double wraithsword wraithlords, with an empty seer, a falcon, and two five man squads of DA's. One of the DA's rides in the falcon with the seer and the wraithlords run next to the falcon, so as to not fail wraithsight, and advance down the field. Not very much can muster that much high strength low AP fire power to do much about that. If someone brings a fex it can be bad-ish, but the pulse laser does an excellent job of softening em up before they can do much.

EDIT: my bad didn't see the point values accounted for an exarch already.

It's HILARIOUS. You won't make many friends, but it is HILARIOUS. Plus there aren't even that many kill points. It's fun stuff.
    Last edited by FartsMcGee; June 17th, 2009 at 18:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

funny, on the space marine page there is a player who posted lists for a 500 Pt tourney with the exact same rules as yours...I wonder if it's the same one...

anyway, the lists he posted would hurt yours bad, 2 is the coolest. avengers in the falcon..not sure about the d cannon but could definitely put some powerful hurt on anything. those dudes had armor in every list, predators, dreads, speeders. autarch is versatile and that is good.

+ Reply to Thread