2500 'Ard Boyz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 'Ard Boyz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

2500 'Ard Boyz

Hey guys, fresh from ==My== latest tourney I'm bringing the pain at the 'Ard Boyz next month.

This list is more or less an evolution of ==My== tourney list from before.

HQ
    Warboss-powerklaw, bosspole, cybork body
    Big Mek-kustom force field, grot oiler

Elites
    Lootas-13
    Lootas-13
    Meganobs-4, 1 kombi-skorcha, Trukk w/ red paint, ram

Troops
    Nobs-8 cyborks, PK+Waagh! Banner, PK+kombi-skorcha, PK, Painboy, Big Choppa+ks, Big Choppa, kombi-skorcha, Battlewagon w/ deff rolla, 2 big shootas, armor plates, grot riggers, red paint, boardin' plank
    Shootas-20, 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole
    Shootas-20, 2 big shootas, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole
    Sluggas-12, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole, Trukk w/ red paint, ram
    Sluggas-12, Nob w/ powerklaw, bosspole, Trukk w/ red paint, ram
    Grots-14, runtherd

Fast Attack
    Buggies-2 w/ twin-linked rokkit launchas
    Buggies-2 w/ twin-linked rokkit launchas

Heavy Support
    Battlewagon-deff rolla, armor plates, kannon, big shoota, grot riggers, red paint job, boardin' plank
    Battlewagon-deff rolla, armor plates, kannon, big shoota, grot riggers, red paint job, boardin' plank\
    Big Gunz-3 kannons, 1 ammo runt

Total-2500
    Models-141

So, I've got 3 BW and 3 Trukks to run up and hit people, deployed in choo-choo formation (1 BW out front, 2 behind it, Trukks out front in case they ramshackle away, all covered by KFF). Lootas, Grots, and Kannons deploy back and pop transports or go after MCs, really anything that threatens ==My== vehicles. Buggies go after side/rear armor, MCs, block movement, and generally be annoying.

Thoughts?

Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Sweet

Damn it! The first day of 'ard boyz is the same as a convention I'm going to, and I'm running events there! Oh well, unless there's a freak change, I probably won't be playing this year.

The list looks solid, and I only have a few 'nit-picky' things to mention:

1. Where is the KFF going? I'd give him a bosspole and put him with the meganobz. I'd also give all those meganobz each a combi-skorcha. It does wonders for the unit.

2. The warboss could use a combi-skorcha as well, and I would take out a slugga boy from one of the trukks and put him there. Spreading out the power is always a good idea. Instead of giving him a bosspole, I'd put it on the unit of nobz. Even if you decide to keep him with the nobz, I'd move the bosspole over to them.

3. I'd cut out a lot of the little things in order to get a 3rd warbuggy into each of the units. The extra big shootas on the transports, the boarding planks, grot oilers, and ammo runts can all probably go. They aren't bad, but the extra warbuggies would serve you better, if you have the models.

4. This comes down to personal taste, but I'd cut the lootas down to 9 in each unit, and use the points to add another unit of warbuggies, or a unit of warbikes (possibly changing the warboss to a warboss on a bike, and attaching him there). Again, if you don't like that idea, then go with what you have. It's just a thought.

All in all, that's a very solid looking list! Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

1) KFF is going with the Nobs, and I can't believe I forgot the bosspole ><

2) Warboss is running with the Meganobs. At the tourney they performed admirably, but without the Boss around they failed way too many Ld tests

3) I do have a lot of filler points, I'll see if I can scratch together a couple more buggies.

4) I like them at 13 (preferably 14 or 15, but points) because they can lose 25% and not run, Ld7 is not reliable enough on such a valuable unit. I think I will try and bump up to 15 each so I can lose 25% and still be Fearless so PBS won't punish them too badly.

Thanks for the input grax.

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Add stikkbomz chukkas to all your battlewagons. You'll thank me for it. Unless the tournament has very little cover, you'll save a lot of orks by not striking last if you have to roll for difficult terrain during your assault move.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

With I3 I don't see much point to them, everything worth worrying about goes first anyway. I don't mind much if Necrons and Guard swing first

+ Reply to Thread