2500 Points - What's missing!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

2500 Points - What's missing!?

'ello ladz!

I normally play a complete foot slogger list, and am, shall we say.. interested in broadening my horizons.
    I am going more transport heavy - but am missing some points... let the advice poor in...

HQ
    Warboss
    -PK, TL Shoota, 'eavy armor, attack squig, cybork body

Big Mek
    -Shokk Attack Gun, 'eavy armor, Cybork body

Elite
    Lootas x8

Troops
    Boyz x30
    -Shootas
    +Nob w/ PK, 'eavy armor, bosspole

Nobz x10 (count as troops)
    -2 PK, 7 Big Choppa, 2 kombi-scortcha (on PK nobz), Waagh banner, 1x bosspole
    +Painboy w/ 'eavy armor, grot orderly
    +Trukk w/ Armor plates, Grot rigger, red paint job, ram

Boyz x20
    -Choppa/Slugga
    +Battlewagon w/ 2x Big Shoota, 2x Rokkit (this seems wrong), 1x Kannon
    -Armor plates, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger

Boyz x20
    -Choppa/Slugga
    +Battlewagon w/ 2x Big Shoota, 2x Rokkit (again, wrong?), 1x Kannon
    -Armor plates, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger

Boyz x12
    -Choppa/Slugga
    +Trukk w/ ram, red paint job

Fast
    Biker Boyz x8
    +Nob w/ PK, bosspole

So this puts me around 2100 points... (im not saying exact totals... cause of da rulez!)

So that being said... I need help finding that other 400 points.. give or take some....

I can swap things around... I'd like to keep the quantity of boys if possible (or switch some around). I don't have to have 2 battle wagons, I can use a Looted Wagon instead.

As far as the battle wagons go.. I've never used one, so I don't know how to kit them out. I know going 50/50 on the guns is a terrible idea.. so do i have 1 with rokkits, 1 with shootas?

Help!

Eldar Project Log
    Saim-Hann Eldar: 5000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmmm...

Actually, you can list the total points, both for the list and the units, what you can't do is list the specific points that each upgrade costs, or the specific statistics of the units.

The list is looking pretty good, but there are some changes I'd make:

1. I'd add 1 loota or mek to the unit of lootas. 9 is significantly less likely to run than 8.

2. I'd cut down to 5-6 bikes. That's really the optimum size. Better yet, I'd get 2 more bikes, and run 2 units of 5, each with a nob, powerklaw and bosspole.

3. You don't need 'eavy armor on the nobz. By the time you get to use it, the unit's already dead. It's not 'bad', but it's not worth 5 points.

4. Never put more than one gun on a transport, and make it a cheap one. If it moves a single inch, you can only fire one gun, and if you're moving the full distance each turn (and you should) you can't fire any. You still need one, or else it's more likely to be immobilized. I usually just give them a big shoota.

5. Give the shoota boyz 3 big shootas. Always give shoota boyz as many big shootas as they can bring. It adds a lot of power and versatility to the unit.

6. Okay, there are a number of problems with the nobz. First, they all need cybork, or else power weapons are going to tear them apart. Second, I don't like big choppas, since they cause you to lose an attack and don't ignore armor saves. Third, I wouldn't use more than 7-8 nobz in the unit, otherwise it's overkill. And finally, I wouldn't bother with armor plates and grot riggers on a trukk. It's too easy to blow up in any case. The only thing I give trukks are rams (and sometimes stikkbomb chukkas and red paint). If you really want to protect them, give them a battlewagon or bikes.

Otherwise, the list composition itself looks fine. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Actually, you can list the total points, both for the list and the units, what you can't do is list the specific points that each upgrade costs, or the specific statistics of the units.
    -Ahh, good to know. I will make the changes accordingly!

The list is looking pretty good, but there are some changes I'd make:

1. I'd add 1 loota or mek to the unit of lootas. 9 is significantly less likely to run than 8.
    -The Big Mek joins the unit of Lootas to make them 9, and that has worked well for me so far (i took your advice from a LONG time ago )

2. I'd cut down to 5-6 bikes. That's really the optimum size. Better yet, I'd get 2 more bikes, and run 2 units of 5, each with a nob, powerklaw and bosspole.
    -I unfortunately do not have 2 more bikes, or the funds to get them at the moment, so I will drop down to 6 bikes for now. I see what you mean though - 8 is just pointless.

3. You don't need 'eavy armor on the nobz. By the time you get to use it, the unit's already dead. It's not 'bad', but it's not worth 5 points.
    -I see what you mean about putting 'eavy armor on the nobz in the boyz units - i will cut it immediately.

4. Never put more than one gun on a transport, and make it a cheap one. If it moves a single inch, you can only fire one gun, and if you're moving the full distance each turn (and you should) you can't fire any. You still need one, or else it's more likely to be immobilized. I usually just give them a big shoota.
    -So if I can only shoot 1 gun, wouldnt it be optimum to take something like the kannon that gives me a template weapon? Just curious - I've not had much luck with big shootas (so far). I do plan on moving the full distance every turn though, you're right.

5. Give the shoota boyz 3 big shootas. Always give shoota boyz as many big shootas as they can bring. It adds a lot of power and versatility to the unit.
    -I don't know why I didn't think of this when I was making my list.. thanks for pointing it out.

6. Okay, there are a number of problems with the nobz. First, they all need cybork, or else power weapons are going to tear them apart. Second, I don't like big choppas, since they cause you to lose an attack and don't ignore armor saves. Third, I wouldn't use more than 7-8 nobz in the unit, otherwise it's overkill. And finally, I wouldn't bother with armor plates and grot riggers on a trukk. It's too easy to blow up in any case. The only thing I give trukks are rams (and sometimes stikkbomb chukkas and red paint). If you really want to protect them, give them a battlewagon or bikes.
    -I actually did give them cybork bodies, I just forgot to put it down (i dont know where my brain was at!). I took away the 'eavy armor due to the painboy. Normally I would agree with you that 7-8 nobz is fine, but people are getting privvy to the fact that I put all my eggs in one basket and make these nobz fantastic, so they focus on them. Having those 2-3 extra nobz has saved my skin in many-a-game. I agree that armor plates and riggers are dumb on a trukk, but I was just doing point fillers at this point. I was trying to get as close to 2500 points without spending money as possible.

Otherwise, the list composition itself looks fine. Good luck!
    -Thank you!
    Eldar Project Log
    Saim-Hann Eldar: 5000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ghaz

drop the mek and get ghaz which covers about 200 points then i get another unit of nobz which would about 100 points then get a bw with the last 100

+ Reply to Thread